PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Controls

slowbr0-276696
15th Aug 2012, 22:53
Anyone know the fix for stuck keys? Cloud moves by himself in game and the menu's act as if I'm holding the up or down keys all the time.

member_10187474
15th Aug 2012, 23:21
Im having this same problem. Any help would be appreciated

sigtau18
16th Aug 2012, 21:43
Same problem.

sigtau18
16th Aug 2012, 21:47
Figured it out. Unplug your keyboard and run the game. When it gets to the initial cut screen, plug your keyboard back in....this should reset the defaults and play like normal.

Hope this works for you!

member_10187474
16th Aug 2012, 22:13
This didn't work for me, but I found another way. I have a Logitech G15 and I had to turn off the Logitech profile software for it. After that it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Protali
17th Aug 2012, 18:59
None of this helped me sadly. It still does the same problem when I dont even have a keyboard plugged in. Also I have a Razer Anansi keyboard, if that helps at all.

slowbr0-276696
17th Aug 2012, 23:44
None of that help me either. I also on a laptop so I could not unplug anything. I'll keep trying random stuff and if I get it to work I'll report back here...

Protali
18th Aug 2012, 00:10
Good luck mate, Been trying "random" stuff since I got it. I'll let you know if I find something that might help you out.

Pandadoll
18th Aug 2012, 01:11
I tried what others said about reinstalling or unplugging my keyboard/mouse and those didn't work. So I randomly decided to unplug my webcam (Logitech) and now it works fine. Don't know if that'll help anyone, but worked for me.

Famf
18th Aug 2012, 02:46
I'm having the same problem, but haven't tried anything to fix it yet. I have a microsoft keyboard, a logitceh mouse, a logitceh webcam, and a generic 360 controller attached that might be the problem...

This is a really bad start for this port though, I don't want to have to try all these things just to get past the first menu of a game.

Protali
18th Aug 2012, 12:25
Wow thank you Pandadoll, no clue how/why unplugging the webcam would do anything but it did. Thank you haha.

Famf
18th Aug 2012, 13:25
I finally got my game working after trying to unplug everythnig one by one. None of it stopped the problem.

I went into 'devices and printers' and removed some devices I don't use right now, and it's working.

I really hope they fix this problem, it's very annoying.

SuperCaL
1st Nov 2012, 20:49
Has anyone found a solution to this? I've googled for quite a bit now trying to figure out how to fix my stuck key in game. At the Start/Continue screen the hand just flickers up and down rapid fast as if a key is stuck. If I can somehow magically click start and get into game, Cloud continuously walks forward.

Do I need a new keyboard? I don't have this issue with any other games and I've read a few other people having the same issue.

I have a Saitek II keyboard. Windows 7 64 bit OS.

SE-Chris
5th Nov 2012, 17:32
I believe that I've heard of an issue like this happening before. Typically when you see symptoms like this we're looking at multiple inputs installed on the system. What we would want you to do is open up your Device Manager (Start > Control > Device Manager) and look under Human Interface Devices, Keyboards, Mice, and Universal Serial Bus controllers. Here you should be able to get a good idea of what your system's got in it. In these menus we want you to look for extra devices, old keyboards, currently unused controllers, etc. We'd want you to uninstall them or at least disable them to see if that's causing the issue. If that doesn't pan out we'd want you to try the optional area of windows update to see if there's a new driver for your mouse/keyboard/controller which may take care of this. Lastly, we'd have you head over to the device manufacturer's website to see if they have a newer version of the drivers. Hopefully clearing any of this up will keep the inputs from producing these erroneous keystrokes or whatever's going on.

PotatoLord-563677
22nd Nov 2012, 16:15
I believe that I've heard of an issue like this happening before. Typically when you see symptoms like this we're looking at multiple inputs installed on the system. What we would want you to do is open up your Device Manager (Start > Control > Device Manager) and look under Human Interface Devices, Keyboards, Mice, and Universal Serial Bus controllers. Here you should be able to get a good idea of what your system's got in it. In these menus we want you to look for extra devices, old keyboards, currently unused controllers, etc. We'd want you to uninstall them or at least disable them to see if that's causing the issue. If that doesn't pan out we'd want you to try the optional area of windows update to see if there's a new driver for your mouse/keyboard/controller which may take care of this. Lastly, we'd have you head over to the device manufacturer's website to see if they have a newer version of the drivers. Hopefully clearing any of this up will keep the inputs from producing these erroneous keystrokes or whatever's going on.

I just bought this game yestarday and am having this same problem. I have a logitech mouse and keyboard. I have tried differnt keyboards, turning off the mouse, and doing what SE_chris said but nothing fixes the problem. This game is unplayable. It makes me really sad since I was looking forward to replaying this classic game. If there is no way to fix this I would like to get a refund for this game.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 16:05
My apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused for you. For one last try you may want to double-check any driver updates on your system as well as any optional Windows hardware updates which can be available. Failing that you would want to contact Digital River (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs), the distributor, to seek a refund.

EpicKitten-683460
22nd Dec 2012, 11:14
Could someone please post the keyboard controls here, I can't find them anywhere but at the start of the game and I didn't quite get all of them. The minigames are impossible because idk what buttons are what.

EpicKitten-683460
22nd Dec 2012, 11:21
For example, I'm at the part where you have to give the girl CPR but idk where the [SWITCH] key is... I can manage to start the guage but I can't stop it.

keith_the_scroller
16th Jan 2013, 18:50
I have 3 different keyboards and none have a cancell key, the ESC key does not work...

In one of the opening scenes we are told to press CANCELL while pressing a direction key to make Cloud run faster.

How is this done????

Thanks, Keith

Freyar
16th Jan 2013, 22:30
C is cancel by default.

You may want to check your controls in the launcher as the game references things like [OK], [CANCEL], [SWITCH], and [ASSIST] fairly often when explaining controls. My suggestion is to get a controller.

Grimoire
17th Jan 2013, 02:32
semna30.webs.com/FFVII_Settings.jpg (http://semna30.webs.com/FFVII_Settings.jpg)

Blacktankk
19th Jan 2013, 20:04
So..after the Eidos intro..and than selecting new game, the keyboard explanation pops up...and well theres no way to get out of it..is it frozen?? Or am I suppose to hit some key? I've hit evey key on my keyboard and my controller and nothin happens.

Asuha
19th Jan 2013, 20:10
I recommend exiting the game and trying again. Is this an on-going issue?

SE-Chris
21st Jan 2013, 19:49
When faced with a human interface device problem there are a few steps that you should take to start off. 1) Unplug and replug in all of your devices: mouse, keyboard, controller, tablet, joystick, etc. The more recent versions of Windows are actually pretty good at the basic plug and play stuff and it may be able to just pick up your latest driver right off the bat. 2) To facilitate this make sure you have your latest optional Windows Updates. It may not have your driver updated and this could kickstart it for you. 3) Go into the Device Manager and start uninstalling/disabling any unneeded devices until you get down to just your keyboard and mouse. You may want to restart the system here but that will make sure that there aren't any conflicting devices on your system. 4) Lastly if you have any specific controllers you may need to go to that device manufacturer's site to download and install their latest drivers.

All of these steps should get you closer to getting started with FINAL FANTASY VII. You should be able to press the X key or the "confirm" key to get to the next screen.

ldjarmin
4th May 2013, 14:51
Hello! So I bought and downloaded the Final Fantasy VII download and loaded it up in my new Windows 7 VM (on a Macbook Pro). The game installs just fine and loads up. I set my controls in the launcher and all that, and then I launch the game. I see the logos come up for Eidos and Square and all that, and the Escape key even works to skip those and go to the screen where I can select "New Game" or "Continue" but then, nothing. No keys I hit do anything. I can never move the gloved hand up from the greyed out "Continue" to "New Game". As I said, the Escape key seems to work while the company logos are showing, but then nothing on the keyboard seems to affect the game. I've tried closing out and checking the Keyboard settings in the launcher, bu everything looks fine there.

Anyone had this problem before? Anyone know what I could try to fix it? Thanks!

SE-Chris
9th May 2013, 14:12
We deeply apologize for the trouble. It seems you are using a computer configuration that we, unfortunately, do not support. Final Fantasy VII and many of our games, though they may work, were designed to be played on a Windows PC without using a virtualization. You may want to see if some forums around the internet have some suggestions or perhaps another user has been able to get the game working with the same virtualization as yours.

ldjarmin
9th May 2013, 15:15
Thanks for the reply, as useless as it is. I know enough about virtualization, programming, and the dark side of computers to know that this answer is ridiculous; Final Fantasy VII should be doing absolutely NOTHING that relates to the limitations of virtualization, and something must be really wacky in the source code for this to not work if it does work in non-virtualized Windows 7. For the record, I set up a VM with Windows XP and it works just fine. So, aparently virtualization isn't the problem. Thanks anyway for trying.

SamusAranX
30th Jun 2014, 16:53
I updated my game today, haven't played in a while. Afterwards, the game loads, but the keyboard keys won't work now. I have the option of new game and continue, and nothing I press works. The keyboard is functioning in all other programs, in Windows, etc. Help!!

W1ggles
12th Jul 2014, 03:27
I am having similar issues. Just bought the game from Steam, but I can't even get to new game\continue. Just the credits screen.