PDA

View Full Version : Options for subs in games

aznboiray
21st Dec 2012, 00:55
Hey guys i just wanted to say i always prefer the original japanese voices and with english subs. I really disliked almost all the dubs i've ever heard from my life from videogames to movies to anime and i would really prefer if every game translated and dubbed offer the original language and english subtitles like international versions.

What do you guys think?

Grimoire
21st Dec 2012, 02:17
"I always prefer the original Japanese voices and with English subs." <--

EvilDisco
21st Dec 2012, 02:39
I like the orginal japanese as well. When there is a song I loath when the voice overs try to re-sing the song in english ><

aznboiray
21st Dec 2012, 10:09
I like the orginal japanese as well. When there is a song I loath when the voice overs try to re-sing the song in english ><

Same here i also hate it when english voice actresses try to play the cute little japanese girls with the high pitch voices. It just doesn't fit well in english and the voices are so bad.

Grimoire
24th Dec 2012, 12:56
You Can Play Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII In Japanese With English Text (just like with FFXIII and FFXIII-2)

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/24/you-can-pl... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/24/you-can-play-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-with-japanese-voiceovers-and-english-text/)

aznboiray
24th Dec 2012, 13:49
You Can Play Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII In Japanese With English Text (just like with FFXIII and FFXIII-2)

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/24/you-can-pl... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/24/you-can-play-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-with-japanese-voiceovers-and-english-text/)

Is there going to be japanese with english sub option for the NA release? I live in new york USA, and i know my copy of FFXIII and FFXIII-2 did not come with the japanese voice and english subs. I'm assuming you have the international versions that offer that but for me to get that, i would have to go out of my way and it is a lot more expensive for me and a lot harder to find.

Grimoire
25th Dec 2012, 03:37
No.

aznboiray
25th Dec 2012, 11:42
No.

Thanks for the info but do you know why SE doesn't even allow the option for the NA release? I doubt its production cost since they do it for the international release anyways.

member_10628951
25th Dec 2012, 15:40
A game that lip syncs with Japanese voices and a game that lip syncs with English would take up a lot of space. They would need both CGI (They work on CGI to lip sync to both the Japanese and eng actors) and basically both games on the disk. That's a lot of work for a small niche of the fanbase.

aznboiray
25th Dec 2012, 16:08
A game that lip syncs with Japanese voices and a game that lip syncs with English would take up a lot of space. They would need both CGI (They work on CGI to lip sync to both the Japanese and eng actors) and basically both games on the disk. That's a lot of work for a small niche of the fanbase.

Thank you for the insight but it still i feel like that at least for the ps3 the blu ray disks should have enough space for both but now i at least understand why SE doesn't trouble themselves doing it.

Grimoire
15th Jan 2013, 04:04
[Japanese voices with english subtitles (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29628907/Japanese_voices_with_english_subtitles)]

FantasyFinale12
22nd Jan 2013, 16:32
Glad this thread is here. I wanted to turn subtitles on for XIII so I could read what they are saying if there is tons of commotion in the house, so I looked in my settings to turn them on. But when I looked at the subtitles options it said they were on, which is weird because they do not show up. Do you guys have a solution?

Ripax5
6th Feb 2013, 15:15
Original audio, for sure!