PDA

View Full Version : Can't load Commando's 2 on comp

Trinety
4th Sep 2002, 21:39
Everytime I try to load my new game I just bought, at 47% I get an error message as such

Component Transfer Error

Component: Game Files
File Group: Game Files
File: D:\data2cab
Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

If you can help me with this, I would appreciate it, thank you.

1shot1kill
5th Sep 2002, 00:00
Go back to the store where you bought the game and exchange your disks for new ones.

ragsy
5th Sep 2002, 01:23
Sounds like a bad CD Reader

Try copying the files from the CD to your Hard disk and install it from there, if you can't copy the data2.cab, then there might be an error on you disk and you should get it replaced by your vendor

Hope this helps

Thorup
5th Sep 2002, 07:29
I would have followed 1shots advice

1shot1kill
5th Sep 2002, 08:30
Happy birthday Ragsy. :)

ragsy
6th Sep 2002, 03:55
thanks 1shot - I feel old and hungover today. 1 word of advice for you all is that at 30, hangovers are much harder to recover from than when you 25 or so.....

Thorup my reponse was written in another thread and moved, otherwise I would have left it at 1shots response, he responded in the right place before I got to it....no matter...

iakovos
6th Sep 2002, 08:07
Well, Happy birthday ragsy... although a bit late :D

Hopefully your hangover will turn to something creatively creative... like sleep ;)

Iakovos:)

Mike_B
6th Sep 2002, 14:25
Originally posted by ragsy
thanks 1shot - I feel old and hungover today. 1 word of advice for you all is that at 30, hangovers are much harder to recover from than when you 25 or so.....

Thorup my reponse was written in another thread and moved, otherwise I would have left it at 1shots response, he responded in the right place before I got to it....no matter...

Happy Birthday http://games.telenet.be/images/smilies/party.gif

He posted the thread also in the community chat forum so I merged it with the one here, that's why there are two responses.

DudeItsMe
8th Sep 2002, 02:22
Mods are sneaky little fellers that do things without telling you, and thats bad.

1shot1kill
8th Sep 2002, 11:46
Eh, that is their job... :D