PDA

View Full Version : The Thing.

mrdefender
4th Sep 2002, 00:46
I just bought the thing and there's just one word I can think of that covers it...

WOW!

You're squad can crack up and loose/gain trust in you. They're aware of their surroundings (up to the point of puking) and talk to you and You can do Blood-tests to see if they're infected or proove to them that you're not.

It's rated M but its a good game!

But beware! its very disturbing and spooky. You turn corners then you hear something in the walls and notice your squad members turning into half-human half-thing things...

Very very good game!

Rook
4th Sep 2002, 07:49
:eek: And this is for what platform?! Better be on PS2, coz it sounds pretty freakin cool!!:eek:

:D

mrdefender
4th Sep 2002, 15:17
I think its for every platform. I saw alot of icons at the end of the commercial

the site is: http://www.thethinggames.com

Rook
5th Sep 2002, 06:29
Cool site! Thanks for the link. I might just have to look into getting a copy of that. It looks freaky!:D

mrdefender
5th Sep 2002, 14:53
It is very disturbing. I can honestly say I was freaking out when I went to bed the first few nights.

Hey. the game IS THAT GOOD!

the graphics rock and with surround sound system!! IT ROCKS Even better!

You can actually hear the "bump in the night" so to speak and where it comes from!!!

The only problem, the pc cheats are registry entries.. so some are hesitant to mess around with it.

I made some .reg files (double click and its done) for em so if u do get the pc vers, I could send em to you.

Rook
6th Sep 2002, 06:53
Well, if I do get a copy, it will likely be for PS2. I usually end up having problems trying to put games on my computer. It's an infuriating machine!

But I do appreciate the offer! Thankya!! :D

mrdefender
6th Sep 2002, 15:07
np

invader
8th Sep 2002, 17:32
Cool!

mrdefender
8th Sep 2002, 20:35
just dont eat before playing the game. :EEK

Rook
9th Sep 2002, 12:46
Dare I ask why not?:D

mrdefender
10th Sep 2002, 00:50
remember how i said the game emulated EVERYTHING as if you were really there... being aware of their surroundings... :)