PDA

View Full Version : Weapon impressions

Defkon
2nd Sep 2002, 05:33
Is it just me or are the automatic weapons in the demo ( you need a cheat code to unlock them ) underpowered... espically the rifles. The M4, and AK74su expecially.

Personally i'd prefer it if the automatics had more punch, and more recoil to compensate for it. The m4 seems to have no recoil what so ever. Also i think it'd be neat if there was a way to put the sub machine guns, and automatics on a single fire mode to help consever ammo.

LiL Goten
2nd Sep 2002, 18:56
Are there any of these in the game? Ive only gotten teh chance to play on easy and all ive see is the double barreled shotgun, colt python, deagle. More weapons on harder difficulties and does anyone know if there is a sniper rifle, i find ammo but no gun. Thanks.

Defkon
3rd Sep 2002, 00:50
There's a sniper rifle in the garage. But other than that you'll have to use the cheat codes to try the other guns. You can use the same codes that worked in the first game.

I wish there was a way to edit damage values (suggestion for developers) or an editor similar to the one found in Morrowind so that we could make our own missions and weapons.

Rod6er
8th Sep 2002, 20:26
if u had to acced rifles with a cheat, its because they werent intended to be in this demo. mayb they (developpers) have to balance them still. whats the cheat?

Fetch
3rd Oct 2002, 20:25
My impressions:

Silenced weapons are MUCH more effective than in H1 (getting 1-shot kills used to be a pain). Automatic weapons are mostly useless, unless you've decided to advertise your presence to the world or need an AK for cammo. Targets aren't as dumb as they used to be, so garrote isn't used as often (no facing the wall, strafing behind a guard, turning around and choking him like I did in the chinese restraunt :) ). Weapon discipline is a little more lax, because you don't buy them: you steal them or they are given to you by the Agency.

Thus far (on 4th level) the missions feel much less linear than in H1, so if you have a preferred style you can probably get away with using it. Just like H1, you can soak up a ridiculous amount of damage, so the only drawback to firefights is alerting guards.

Accuracy seems to be greatly improved, or maybe its just the improvements in the game engine (and my machine) making the whole prospect of aiming more likely.

Oh, if you try to shoot someone too close, you'll pistol whip them (and I think butt them with rifles, but I haven't tested yet).

I played Max Payne through... and now I find myself wishing 47 had bullet time ;)