PDA

View Full Version : My theory on the demons

TG_Syd
2nd Sep 2002, 03:17
Hey!! I'm new here and this is my first post.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I have a theory on the demons that you fight in Soul Reaver 2. I think that the demons are Hyldens. I believe that when they were banished to the demon dimension(sp?) they're appearence changed into something more demonic(I don't remember the exact quote but the Sarafan Lord said something about his race not being as noble-looking as they once were.)

I think that for some reason they trust the Elder God. I believe that the Elder God is the source of all of Nosgoth's problems, he wants the Vampires and the Hylden to destroy each other because he thrives on death(Notice that in the future when everything is destroyed he's HUGE but before the pillers crumbled he wasn't that big.)

Any thoughts?(go easy on me...its my first time:p )

Anubis_Orr
2nd Sep 2002, 04:16
It's a good theory but you must keep in mind the timeline of Nosgoth. When the Sarafan Lord says that they are not as noble looking as they once were the Hylden had already been banished for untold millenia (so long that all knowledge of their race and the Ancients was totally forgotten and buried) and how he and others of his race look at the time in the game have already been changed.

As for the Elder God it's my opinion that he is a manifestation of the collective knowledge and will of the Hylden to escape from their banishment in the demon dimension and he acts to change events in Nosgoth to lead to their freedom ("My God, the Hylden, we've walked right into their trap). The events were orchestrated by the Elder God and Moebius (We share the same God).

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 19:41
**puts her claws away and plays nice with the newbie*** (I am playing, don't get offended) ;) :p.
On that note, welcome to the forums! :)

Originally posted by TG_Syd
Hey!! I'm new here and this is my first post.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I have a theory on the demons that you fight in Soul Reaver 2. I think that the demons are Hyldens. I believe that when they were banished to the demon dimension(sp?) they're appearence changed into something more demonic(I don't remember the exact quote but the Sarafan Lord said something about his race not being as noble-looking as they once were.)

It has been discussed, but it can still be discussed. No worries here.

I don't believe that the demons you fight in SR2 are the Hylden. As Anubis said, you must consider the timeline.

There have been a lot of theories suggesting that the demons you fight originate from the demon dimension that the Hylden were banished to, but not the Hylden themselves. I will get more into this in a moment.

Originally posted by TG_Syd
I think that for some reason they trust the Elder God. I believe that the Elder God is the source of all of Nosgoth's problems, he wants the Vampires and the Hylden to destroy each other because he thrives on death(Notice that in the future when everything is destroyed he's HUGE but before the pillers crumbled he wasn't that big.)

Any thoughts?(go easy on me...its my first time:p )

At this point, no one really trusts the Elder God. The Elder was already huge, but he obviously grew even bigger. Allow me to search around for a few threads related to this topic and post them here for you to consider.

The Elder God (or "Squiddy" as a lot of us call him :p)
is believed to be the dark god, Hash'ak'gik from BO1 in his physical form. (You fight Hash after defeating Mortanius at the Pillars). I personally believe that the Hylden were banished to his dimension and struck up an alliance of somesort (although the details are sketchy at this point).

It has been known that Moebius and Lady Azimuth from BO1 were devoute followers of Hash'ak'gik and his ways. Azimuth (the Planer) was able to travel through dimensions. If you notice, the demons you face in SR2 are actually similar to those that invaded the town of Avernus in BO1 (a result of Azimuth and her wrath).

Another reason why I believe that Squiddy is Hash'ak'gik, is that Raziel points out to Squiddy in SR2:

"And if Moebius knew he was worshipping a giant squid, do you think his faith would falter?"

Moebius wasn't worshipping anyone else now. :p

Again, I will attempt to locate some threads relevent to this subject for you.

Vampmaster
2nd Sep 2002, 21:12
At the beginning of the hylden city, near the force feild you can hear some hylden talking about how they hate every creature in ''that place''. I think that means they hate the demons but they hate the creatures in nosgoth as well. Also Janos calls them the authors of the demons not the demons themselves.

garbagefanuk
4th Sep 2002, 00:16
(Going off topic abit)

I've read a few times where people have said that the time Raziel visits in SR2 where there are demons all over that this is the future after SR1 after Kains empire. Just wondering how thats possible cos there was nothing left of anything bar the sancuary of the clans and the pillars? there was no sarafan keep. nothing of anything survived at that time. The pillars in SR1 were in pieces, they had totally collapsed but in the time Raziel visits there only decaying alot. they weren;t half toppled over or anything? just a wondering why people think thats the future after the empire really

Anubis_Orr
4th Sep 2002, 04:49
The future in SR2 takes place 100+ years after the Blood Omen era, it occurs BEFORE Kain has established his empire.

TG_Syd
4th Sep 2002, 05:14
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

There have been a lot of theories suggesting that the demons you fight originate from the demon dimension that the Hylden were banished to, but not the Hylden themselves. I will get more into this in a moment.

I'm leaning towards that, the black and fire demons look a lot like those unbeatable b*astards in BO2

garbagefanuk
4th Sep 2002, 18:49
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
The future in SR2 takes place 100+ years after the Blood Omen era, it occurs BEFORE Kain has established his empire.

Which BO era? Theres to games set in 2 different times?

_________

When I'm Kain Everyone Dies!

Raz
4th Sep 2002, 21:54
I started a big thread all about the murals, demons and the Elder himself.

Here's a link:

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothfrm11.showMessage?topicID=1062.topic

Although it's long and, at times, confusing, it is worth the read as it explores many aspects of the Elder. Also, I feel I should mention it contains Blood Omen 2 spoilers, so if you've not finished it then it might be wise to be careful what you read, if not avoid it all together. ;)

Umah Bloodomen
4th Sep 2002, 22:40
Sure, take a break from your work, design someone's sig and they don't even test it out. Figures. :rolleyes: :p ;)

Raz
5th Sep 2002, 07:55
Sorry Umah Bloodomen, but I've not really had chance to get it hosted or anything yet. :p

You see, I'm back at college now and I've not really had a spare moment to do anything. When I am online it's for very brief amounts of time. :(

I will try to get some time on the weekend so I can sort things out... ;)

Umah Bloodomen
5th Sep 2002, 22:18
Originally posted by Raz
Sorry Umah Bloodomen, but I've not really had chance to get it hosted or anything yet. :p

You see, I'm back at college now and I've not really had a spare moment to do anything. When I am online it's for very brief amounts of time. :(

I will try to get some time on the weekend so I can sort things out... ;)

I am giving you a hard time. :p ;)

I'm just anxious to see how it comes out in view of the forum. It's the first sig I've designed in a few months.

(I redesigned Noob Saibot's last month - which I need to do again because I am not happy with it - but that doesn't count). :p

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Sep 2002, 02:08
Don't be so tuff on yerself! You're a great sigstress! I can only hope to be a third of a great artiste as you are! Noobie's is fine, in my opinion.

Started school myself today - senior year of HS

SAT prep for math, Web design, Graphic design, Accounting (learning how to use Excel), Marine Science, Participation in Government, Advanced Modern Dance, Psychological Application to Literature (for which I am definately using LoK if we ever do a project - God only knows the issues Raziel has alone! :p) and one free period in the day. I won't be online much, there's studying to be studied, homework to be written, teachers to manipulate- I mean please. :D

I am, however, writing a number of fanfics, parody mostly, for LoK and when ever I get the opportunity to write, I will be a-typing away. Look out for the tap-tap-tapping of little fingers on little keys...