PDA

View Full Version : Hylden Carvings?

garbagefanuk
2nd Sep 2002, 00:35
I completed BO2 again today and i was in the Hylden city when i noticed some carvings on the wall in the room with the kinda Lift made out of glyph energy. Below and above are carvings of the hylden as they were before they were sent to that hell dimention. And theres even a carving of a hylden staking an ancient vampire :) They look alot different and alot more noble than the ancient vampires i seen on SR2.

History is written by the victors so i was thinking, maybe we only got 1 side of the story which was told by the only real surviver of that time. Maybe the Hylden were the good guys and the vampires were the bad. I mean they both kill but the hylden only killed after they were sent to the hell dimention by the vampires. Its late now anyway so i'm just babbling on conspiracy theories. Anyone else see those carvings cos its the first time i noticed them :rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 00:49
The following thread:

(REPOST) The Seer is Revealed...Well, Partly (LOL) (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=727)

I am sure you will find some interesting conspiracy theories concerning the Hylden Murals there as well.

garbagefanuk
2nd Sep 2002, 01:03
Man thats a big theory u wrote :) oh well at least i'm not the only loser who spends more time staring at walls than playing the game :D but i beg to differ on ur sibling theory. By the simple bony things that look like wings on her back i can tell she is hylden cos we seen them on the carvings of the older hylden too but i think it was like a king-queen thing. As the SL is the most powerful hylden he was most likely the most likely the king and since the seer has that much magic she was the queen. Its easier to kill someone u used to love than a member of ur family i think (thats a personal opinion) and the SL had them just shoot her house with fire arrows so he couldn't care too much about his sister. Oh well. i gonna have to readall the posts on that thread cos i'll have all my answers already instead of waiting for people to post them in this 1 :) mite take a while tho, theres alot...

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 01:22
Originally posted by garbagefanuk
Man thats a big theory u wrote :) oh well at least i'm not the only loser who spends more time staring at walls than playing the game :D but i beg to differ on ur sibling theory. By the simple bony things that look like wings on her back i can tell she is hylden cos we seen them on the carvings of the older hylden too but i think it was like a king-queen thing. As the SL is the most powerful hylden he was most likely the most likely the king and since the seer has that much magic she was the queen.

Kings and Queens can be siblings. Although it is rare, it does happen. If the King is called to another duty (say within the military) then his sibling (who would most likely be serving as Princess) would be called to fufill the role of active monarch (thus becoming Queen). It was also very common in ancient Egyptian society for some female members of the royal family to serve as direct aides to the male monarch. Nefertiti for example is assumed to have served the actual role of "Pharoah" because her husband (Akanatun I believe...you may want to check the spelling on that)was ailing (with Dimentia and possibly Alzheimers) and unable to reign properly. Egyptians were also known to give their siblings similar powers as they were given as far as ruling and hoped to have it accepted by their Gods.

EDIT We also don't know which sibling came first. If it was The Seer, then she could very well have been the Queen and TSL the underling Monarch. (Some cultures do that as well but again that is rare).

We still do not know how these prominent Hylden were regarded in Hylden society (this goes back to the unknown belief structure, political system and social order and other civilization factors) it could be that if they were siblings, then both were regarded as equal monarchs. I once believed that they were romantically linked but the idea just doesn't fly anymore. Their demeanor towards each other in that brief scene in the canyons does not suggest a love or a "lost love" either.

Originally posted by garbagefanuk
Its easier to kill someone u used to love than a member of ur family i think (thats a personal opinion) and the SL had them just shoot her house with fire arrows so he couldn't care too much about his sister. Oh well. i gonna have to readall the posts on that thread cos i'll have all my answers already instead of waiting for people to post them in this 1 :) mite take a while tho, theres alot...

Is it? Tell this to the real, Biblical, Caine. (The first murderer who killed his brother Abel). Lets focus on Hans Christian Andersen for a moment. In the Little Mermaid, (the original story, not the Disney adaptation) the Mermaid was supposed to kill her love (the prince) in order to save herself from the curse of the witch. She couldn't do it and sacrificed herself to the ocean. It really depends on the situation whether or not a "love" can be sacrificed over a "family member". If one is fanatical and outrageous and definately powerhungry (as how we all perceive TSL at this point) I am sure he could make acceptions. You are also not taking into an account that his sister is now classified as a "traitor" for going against her society's beliefs and ultimate goal. Despite Kain feeling for Umah in Chapter 10, she betrayed him and his cause, and he had no problem disposing of her because of it. (Sure, he seemed to have had some regret over it, but the deed was done and he knew it had to be done).

Darakari
2nd Sep 2002, 22:42
The ancient egyptians, and other ancient cultures as well, sometimes had kings and queens that were cousins or even siblings. Marrying cousins and even siblings was a common way back then of keeping power and authority "within the blood line". This probably explains why depictions of some of the ancient pharoahs show pharoahs with what appears to be defects and abnormalities.

The Seer and the Hylden Lord could have been King and Queen, and still be siblings. Maybe the Seer brought the Hylden Lord to the Jerry Springer show and revealed that she had been getting it on with Janos Auldron behind his back. Maybe this started the whole Ancient/Hylden war. What a Jerry Springer episode that would be! Incest, Race-Mixing, and a Race-War all in the same show! I've had jungle-fever a few times in my life, so maybe the seer caught some Ancient-fever herself and Janos Auldron also had some Hylden-fever himself.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 23:40
Originally posted by Darakari
The ancient egyptians, and other ancient cultures as well, sometimes had kings and queens that were cousins or even siblings. Marrying cousins and even siblings was a common way back then of keeping power and authority "within the blood line". This probably explains why depictions of some of the ancient pharoahs show pharoahs with what appears to be defects and abnormalities.

The Seer and the Hylden Lord could have been King and Queen, and still be siblings. Maybe the Seer brought the Hylden Lord to the Jerry Springer show and revealed that she had been getting it on with Janos Auldron behind his back. Maybe this started the whole Ancient/Hylden war. What a Jerry Springer episode that would be! Incest, Race-Mixing, and a Race-War all in the same show! I've had jungle-fever a few times in my life, so maybe the seer caught some Ancient-fever herself and Janos Auldron also had some Hylden-fever himself.

Very well put, Darakari. (The first paragraph) The second one is just funny as hell. :p. Do you think The Seer would wear little daisy dukes and go by the name "Tanqueray"? :p

Darakari
3rd Sep 2002, 08:22
Maybe that's the Seer's true Dark Gift, the undeniable all-powerful strength of Daisy Dukes. Once she put them on, Janos Auldron was a slave to her charms. But her magic was too strong. Every time the Seer walked into the city of the Ancients wearing her daisy dukes, the entire race of ancients fell to their knees in awe.

A war soon followed, each race seeking to win the affections of those wonderful short-shorts. But clever little Janos came up with a wicked little plan that provided the means of both banishing the Hylden from Nosgoth, and slowly killing off the Ancient race. Now he, and he alone, possessed those wonderful daisy dukes.

But the Seer soon tired of her Janos playtoy, and decided to move off on her own. For untold ages, Janos waited in his mountain-top retreat, morning his loss, clinging to hope that his daisy-duke-clad lass would return to him someday. The thought that he would caress those daisy dukes once again was his sole reason for remaining alive, even when everyone else he knew slowly died around him.

When the wicked Sarafan Lieutenants stole into his chamber, Janos wasn't even thinking of them. As the evil Sarafan Leader Raziel tore the beating heart from Janos's chest, Janos could feel no pain - because in reality his heart had been ripped from his chest a long time ago by a pair of daisy dukes.

As he closed his eyes in death, his last remaining thought was that if he could hold his precious "Tanqueray" one more time, he could die a happy blue guy.

TG_Syd
3rd Sep 2002, 08:57
ROFLMFAO!

Darakari
3rd Sep 2002, 09:24
Um ... I forgot what ROFLMFAO is the abbreviation for. Please refresh my memory.

TempySmurf
3rd Sep 2002, 09:50
Maybe that's the Seer's true Dark Gift, the undeniable all-powerful strength of Daisy Dukes. Once she put them on, Janos Auldron was a slave to her charms. But her magic was too strong. Every time the Seer walked into the city of the Ancients wearing her daisy dukes, the entire race of ancients fell to their knees in awe.

A war soon followed, each race seeking to win the affections of those wonderful short-shorts. But clever little Janos came up with a wicked little plan that provided the means of both banishing the Hylden from Nosgoth, and slowly killing off the Ancient race. Now he, and he alone, possessed those wonderful daisy dukes.

But the Seer soon tired of her Janos playtoy, and decided to move off on her own. For untold ages, Janos waited in his mountain-top retreat, morning his loss, clinging to hope that his daisy-duke-clad lass would return to him someday. The thought that he would caress those daisy dukes once again was his sole reason for remaining alive, even when everyone else he knew slowly died around him.

When the wicked Sarafan Lieutenants stole into his chamber, Janos wasn't even thinking of them. As the evil Sarafan Leader Raziel tore the beating heart from Janos's chest, Janos could feel no pain - because in reality his heart had been ripped from his chest a long time ago by a pair of daisy dukes.

As he closed his eyes in death, his last remaining thought was that if he could hold his precious "Tanqueray" one more time, he could die a happy blue guy.

And thus "SR3 : Back that Seer Up" was born, with a new soundtrack from the likes of 69 boyz, Vanilla Ice, Lil Kim and many more.

warpsavant
3rd Sep 2002, 20:02
That was too much. Daisy Dukes. LOL

Umah Bloodomen
4th Sep 2002, 03:43
Jerry Springer: "On today's show - interracial couples and the secrets of their daisy dukes. I would like to introduce the Seer. The Seer is involved with a certain winged ancient...tell us about him."

Seer: (horrible southern accent) "Well Jerry, I met him back in '86 and was drawn to him immediately. We knew the differences could cause a problem but just didn't care."

Jerry: "Kind of like a Romeo and Juliet thing eh?"

Seer: "Why yes, Jerry. Anyways My other companion who is also my brother, TSL, found out when the war broke out in the town."

(Seer uncrosses her legs and reveals a slight part of her "inner beauty" to both the audience and the camera because her shorts are just too damn short)

(Audiance claps, Steve blushes)

Jerry: "Lets bring out the boyfriend. Janos, come on out."

(Clapping)

Janos: "Hi Jerry."

Jerry: "Now you and the Seer were pretty hot and heavy eh?"

Janos: "You could say that."

(Janos smiles all cocky-like and crosses his arms like a thug).

Jerry: "But theres something you have been hiding yourself..."

(Janos looks to the Seer who is now shocked by this revealation of something he is hiding).

Janos: I have been seeing TSL on the side...

(Seer gets all ticked and starts attacking Janos. Steve the bouncer has to step in to seperate them along with 3 other bouncers. Audience is in an uproar and loving every minute of this).

Jerry: (facing camera) "Lets bring out the third party of our scenario, TSL come on out."

(TSL enters the stage dressed in shorter daisy dukes than what his sister is wearing and a cute little halter top tied in the middle, barely covering his upper chest. TSL and Janos kiss deeply on stage, audience goes nuts and the Seer begins yelling to them"

Seer: "You look like a %&*%& w&*&#$ you fu^&((&%$ tra&*+*.

TSL: (Slaps the Seer across the face and they all begin fighting again. Steve and his posse again must interviene.)

Jerry: (To camera) "We will cut to a commercial and be back with more of our twisted soap opera: As the Chronoplast Turns...(TM)"

(fades to commercial)

TG_Syd
4th Sep 2002, 03:52
Um ... I forgot what ROFLMFAO is the abbreviation for. Please refresh my memory.

Rolling on the floor laughing my F***ing @$$ off

TempySmurf
4th Sep 2002, 09:08
And now for Jerry's final thoughts.

Jerry: (looks sternly into the camera) Sometimes relationships don't last forever, even if we're immortal. In a world where we're taught to believe that we're supposed to find true love and live happily ever after, reality can show us differently. People change and sometimes move on, but deceit and lies can only add to the pain of a relationship in peril. In a relationship, honesty IS the best policy, and one can only hope that they will learn..

...in time...

Strega
4th Sep 2002, 21:11
This is just too funny! Strange how this thread went from "Hylden Carvings" to an episode of the Jerry Springer show! The worst thing is that I have actually seen an episode just like that. Eewwwww!