PDA

View Full Version : What was/is your least favourite subject at school?

LeeO
1st Sep 2002, 18:32
Mine is games... I HATE IT I HATE IT! and I hate the teacher and I hate the kids... arghhhh!

MountainDewNut
1st Sep 2002, 19:00
I stronly dislike history! I don't mind American history, but if it goes before that, I lose intrest fast.
Other that history, I like the rest of the subjects in school.

DKSM
1st Sep 2002, 21:03
I strongly disliked English class. I knew a lot of it from my dad already, so I was bored to death going through that class. It was a nice naptime though. :D

TombRaiderChik
1st Sep 2002, 21:10
i absolutely hate math and grammar. i get soo frustrated w/ it and i just hate it sooooooooooooooo much.

shirl123
1st Sep 2002, 22:10
(edit: god, I'm such a dork, I shouldn't post here when I'm way too tired :p )

Math is the most annoying subject ever!

Blind Intentions
2nd Sep 2002, 03:03
I hate chemistry with a passion. My teacher is evil and loves telling me that everything I did was wrong :mad:

Lara's Soul
4th Sep 2002, 11:11
I like maths, science, gymnastic, computers and astronomy and I dislike history, ancient language and grammar. I know we need the knowledge of all the subjects but I would prefer to know some without to read them like all you I guess isn't it? :D

LARAMANIAC
4th Sep 2002, 15:23
I hated, with a passion, 20th Century history - boooooring!!! I loved Ancient & Medieval History!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

eTux
4th Sep 2002, 17:06
I hate PE, I just don't get the point of it. I can go jogging every morning, excercise after that, ride my bike in the afternoon, visit the local swimming pool, why do I have to do this at school, I just don't get it? I also hate Biology , our teacher's a b*tch :mad: :D

DaveJ
4th Sep 2002, 17:47
Inglysh.

Chronicles5
4th Sep 2002, 19:20
just got back from school :D i just started 9th grade a week ago...

Computer Programming all the way!!! :D

I dislike PE, and English, I meant ^^ as my favorite class lol :D

Kurtis Trent
4th Sep 2002, 23:31
Social Studies. BORING

Jade
5th Sep 2002, 15:44
Originally posted by Kurtis Trent
Social Studies. BORING my sister has the same attitude!!!!! she could go on for hours and hours telling how boring it was, or how annoying the teacher was. -i never had social studies, but i allready don't like it-
i love history! -our teacher is the best!- i absolutely hate pe though!!!! i didn't have it planned on my schedule this year!!! i'm so happy!!!! (instead i have computers.. which isn't that bad... could be worse...)

Dark One
5th Sep 2002, 20:10
Let me just say that you all don't know torcher until you've been placed in a Jr. College Level Statistics Course.

Solaris
5th Sep 2002, 20:29
Math..i hate math..i hate math
its soo hard andon top of that the teacher wants to spped up on math beacuse we have are regents exam this june and the Admissions exam is in October..i hate math!

LOve science though..has to be one of the greatest subjects, also love P.E. and Games, history also has an A on my list.

Grammar and English are okay..but eh..

and Foreign Language is a breeze specialy if you know the language already;)

Raider Sunrise
5th Sep 2002, 20:43
I absolutely hate history... It's all about memorizing dates and events for me and I've never seen a teacher who can make it enjoyable.

Solaris
5th Sep 2002, 20:55
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise
I absolutely hate history... It's all about memorizing dates and events for me and I've never seen a teacher who can make it enjoyable.

history has its easy points.
but then when the history regents comes up...forget it i quit.

Raider Sunrise
5th Sep 2002, 21:11
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian

history has its easy points.
but then when the history regents comes up...forget it i quit.

I don't really mind the exams, I'm good at just memorizing from the book and I can do it, but it's just soooo boring that I can never concentrate in the lesson. And we had a history teacher last year who, like, out of nowhere, asked a history question from the previous lessons, picked one of us to answer and said 'This answer is worth an exam grade for you.' It was a nightmare for me.

Jewlia
6th Sep 2002, 00:20
My worst subject at school was french because I never knew where I was with it. It was a bit like a lucky dip at a fairground. I liked games and pe because it was active and things kept moving and it was a laff. I didn't mind English because it was a continuous language but it was easy to get distracted with all the moths and insects getting in the way. But my most favourite subject at school was journolism for some reason

the_internet_king
7th Sep 2002, 20:22
in the words of homer simpson

english i dont need 2 learn english im never going 2 england............i live in england but i still dont wont 2 learn it lol :p

Solaris
8th Sep 2002, 04:24
Now i have seperated my classes into the following Groups:

Greatest subject this year: Earth science/ Lab
Easy and we have a fun teacher.

'ugh i dont like this" USbject: literacy and History..our teachers suck..they Yell to much:(

Worst and Most hated Subject: Math, Math and More Math

Most FUN subject: Gym and Technology..who says school cant be fun?

Jade
10th Sep 2002, 18:19
maths IS really bad!!!!!! i'm crap at it. all those formulas and functions!!!! ugh!!!!!
psychology is great though! any of you take it?

@ dagger of xian - with earth science, you mean geography?

Solaris
10th Sep 2002, 20:56
Originally posted by Jade
maths IS really bad!!!!!! i'm crap at it. all those formulas and functions!!!! ugh!!!!!
psychology is great though! any of you take it?

@ dagger of xian - with earth science, you mean geography?

no geography is usually intertwined with History 9first lesson of every freshman year)

Earth science is Earth science...explains bout the weatherm density, mass of earth, moon, etc etc etc

Cleared it up?:D

Dark One
11th Sep 2002, 15:42
You know I just noticed that I only half answered the question up there. Actually, my fav subjects are English and History and I absolutly loath Math and Science.

Of course I sometime just want to say what Sailor Moon said when asked about her best subject:

I'm told its eating but I think its sleeping

LARAMANIAC
11th Sep 2002, 18:44
I loved geography, english and maths - yes maths!!! I loved all the formulas and equations!!!! ;)

Jade
13th Sep 2002, 15:52

no geography is usually intertwined with History 9first lesson of every freshman year)

Earth science is Earth science...explains bout the weatherm density, mass of earth, moon, etc etc etc

Cleared it up?:D yep:D sorry for the delayed answer, have LOADS of homework - ugh -

Solaris
13th Sep 2002, 20:24
yep:D sorry for the delayed answer, have LOADS of homework - ugh -

so tired..http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/schlafen/schlafen015.gif to much homework.

My back is about to break. I stayed up yesterday till 11 just doing my science homework. I mean darn im not a robot! im a human being!!!:rolleyes:

Aquarius
13th Sep 2002, 20:34

so tired..http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/schlafen/schlafen015.gif to much homework.

My back is about to break. I stayed up yesterday till 11 just doing my science homework. I mean darn im not a robot! im a human being!!!:rolleyes:

Don't even complain!!! I leave the house everyday at 6:30 am. Do you know how hard it is to get up that early for a 0 hour, and stay awake for an English Class that early?!?! Not easy to do!!

And then I end everyday with Lifetime Activities. Having a PE class at the end of day, just takes it out of you. But then me and my partner are currently 3-0 for tennis. :D So that helps to lift us up! ;)

My least favorite subject would have to be Econ. Ugh. Try staying awake when you're discussing Opportunity costs, benefits, 'invisible hand', and all of that "fun" stuff. And this is only the 3rd week I've had it, and I'm already just AHHH!!!! It's not really hard, just so BORING!!!

Blah!!

Solaris
13th Sep 2002, 20:43
Well i wake everyday at 6 and take a bus to school, try to stay awake thorugh my first period class.

ontop of that the lunch t school is murder. They shouldnt call it "energy food" it just gets me disgusted..http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/wuerg/wuerg024.gif

THE True Lara
13th Sep 2002, 23:35
Originally posted by Aquarius
Lifetime Activities.

??!?!!?

What on earth do they teach you in the US?
I don't recall having any subjects like that when I was at school.

-I do remember hating careers and P.E.
UGH! Glad I never have to go through that ever again.
In fact I hated careers SO much when they scheduled me for a mock job interview I went into school dressed as a pirate ready to tell them I was going to be a Jedi Knight and learn the ways of the force! -As it was they never got round to my interview anyway.
Ah yes, those were the days..... blo*dy awful days, but those were they all the same........

hummm.....

Why does everyone seem to dislike Maths so much? I miss my algebra and trigonometry *sniff* Maths is fun, really it is......
I'm with Laramaniac on C20th history though, didn't take a shine to that, I almost died when we did the Cold War for GCSE History all those years ago. Come to think of it we never did any of the interesting ancient history at school. There's something wrong there.....
Science would have been better if there had been more opportunities for violent chemical reactions, it's maddening to get so close sometimes, when you're sat there thinking, 'one more chemical and I could make some nitroglyceryn! :D' my ex got close once, and managed to set off an explosion in the lab by accident. Wow, it's all so long ago now, seems like yesterday though.....
God I'm sounding old now.

Does school in the US start earlier then? I used to get up at 6:30am everyday but school didn't actually start until something like 8:50am. Do US schools like those in Spain work on an earlier system?
I'm intrigued.

Aquarius
14th Sep 2002, 02:01
Well, in my area, 1st hr starts around 7:45 am, but if you have a 0 hour, like me, then school starts at 6:45 am. That's only High School though. Our Junior High starts at 7:45, and gets out the same time we do, 2:20 pm.

The Elementary Schools on the other hand, lol, start at 8:50 am. lol :p

Lifetimes Activites.......I don't know how to explain it. lol We do gym stuff. :p Like tennis right now, every Wednesday we run a mile, have warm-ups everyday to tone up.

Jade
14th Sep 2002, 11:18

My back is about to break. I stayed up yesterday till 11 just doing my science homework. I mean darn im not a robot! im a human being!!!:rolleyes: you took the words straight out of my mouth!!!!!! teachers these days seem to enjoy giving us too much homework :(

Godfather
14th Sep 2002, 17:26
Well, my least favourite subject has always been history!!

But my most favourite has always been mathematics, man!! Back when I was a kid of ... let's say ... 10 √* 11 years old ... we had a teacher of ... let's say ... 24 √* 25 years old. She couldn't have been much older and she was a very beautiful woman. And one day she wore this dress that just made her th√© most super-hot teacher EVER!!!!! I mean: she wore a very short yet stylish, grey-blue skirt which had her long, sexy legs showing! And on top of that, she wore some sort of an uniform that had the same grey-blue color and which matched perfectly with her skirt. Later on, she would have to come to the director of my school and she would have to explain herself, because this wasn't really the normal way of wearing such clothes. I never found out why she wore that, but a class mate of mine said that she had something important going on that same evening and that's why she had decided on immediately wearing the right clothes.

Anyway: to make a long story short ... at one moment I asked her for help (true help: I couldn't resolve a difficult question) and she (and let's not forget that I was only 10 at that time) bent over to help and I looked straight underneath her beautiful, classy outfit and ... well: I could see her bra. Right now, I'm 26 and I would've enjoyed that view just as much, but only reacted to it more mature, but back then I was ... I was ... stunned!! Maybe that experience has changed me forever and I sometimes have these wild ideas about Lara Croft being lesbian and stuff ... but man!! School was great back then!

I never told anybody about this and it's only because I'm not face-to-face with you that I dare to tell you this. I always kept this a secret, but ... that day ... that moment ... I fell in love with her like that *snaps fingers*! And when I saw her at the office disciplined by the director of our school (the typical grey-haired, awful man √* la Mr. Burns!) I just wanted to break into that office and defend her. Her name was Goedele (pronounced: soft G, oe (like in good), dele (and the e is pronounced as a the e from the words 'nert', 'serve' and 'learn' = Goedele!

And that's that!

Even a Godfather has its heroines!! ;)

C ya!

THE True Lara
14th Sep 2002, 19:05
wow, Godfather,
I mean,

gosh, erm,

goodness, school in Belgium is different, eh?

Solaris
14th Sep 2002, 23:19
Originally posted by Aquarius
Well, in my area, 1st hr starts around 7:45 am, but if you have a 0 hour, like me, then school starts at 6:45 am. That's only High School though. Our Junior High starts at 7:45, and gets out the same time we do, 2:20 pm.

The Elementary Schools on the other hand, lol, start at 8:50 am. lol :p

Lifetimes Activites.......I don't know how to explain it. lol We do gym stuff. :p Like tennis right now, every Wednesday we run a mile, have warm-ups everyday to tone up.

ahh gym, a good subject but now we have it one period on mon, another on friday..the reduced all te good subjects for the supid regenst exam..grrr:rolleyes:

My school, starts at 8:20 lets out at 2;40 except for tusdays when we get out at 3:30 for more stuff called "education"..

i cant take it anymore!!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/traurig009.gif

Darn school....http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/alles_moegliche/allesmoegliche030.gif

Nena
15th Sep 2002, 18:25
I HATE Math is hard rememberin all those formulas and especially if you have a teacher that tries to be sarcastic:rolleyes:
I love biology, the teacher is mad cool he be makin things explode:D
English is aight but the teacher is kinda deaf and you barely understand what she says.
Global history is ok but still theres alot of writin involved toooooooo much thematic essays:mad:
Spanish is such a breeze, is a easy grade.
Pre- engineering is my major and I like its interesting and fun.
Well lunch you cant call lunch, lunch is so nasty
:(
Well on thurdays and fridays i start o period gym, God i hate so early in the morning
On wed. I have to stay in school in 9th period which i come out like at 3 somethin in the afternoon.
Is not easy takin the bus and the train to school.
But oh well is fun anyways:D :p ;)

Jade
15th Sep 2002, 21:15
Originally posted by Godfather
\one day she wore this dress that just made her thé most super-hot teacher EVER!!!!! I mean: she wore a very short yet stylish, grey-blue skirt which had her long, sexy legs showing! And on top of that, she wore some sort of an uniform that had the same grey-blue color and which matched perfectly with her skirt.
C ya! :rolleyes: you men are all the same!:rolleyes:

Godfather
16th Sep 2002, 21:53
Originally posted by THE True Lara
wow, Godfather,
I mean,

gosh, erm,

goodness, school in Belgium is different, eh?

Well, no! Actually she was Dutch ... you know: I mean ... Dutch as in The Netherlands. And as much as I would like to tell you otherwise ... The Netherlands have prettier women than Belgians (except for Ilse De Meulemeester which is sorta thé Belgian Michelle Pfeiffer ... but a li'lle younger then.)

Godfather
16th Sep 2002, 21:55
:rolleyes: you men are all the same!:rolleyes:

I was a kid back then! C'mon! C'MON!! What is that?!! ... ... ???? anyway: you're so right! :D

Chronicles5
17th Sep 2002, 11:00
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise
I love history, especially with a TR background for interests...:D

My history teacher makes it really fun. He tells jokes about things he teaches and we get up and have big dramatic battles...awesome class :)

Jade
17th Sep 2002, 16:49
Originally posted by Chronicles5

I love history, especially with a TR background for interests...:D

My history teacher makes it really fun. He tells jokes about things he teaches and we get up and have big dramatic battles...awesome class :) cool! *dreams away at history teacher braking his back in attempting to do sumthing heroic one of those fights*http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/schlafen/schlafen001.gif http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/lachen/lachen008.gif

OuTR
25th Sep 2002, 03:33
Without a doubt it would have to be math..
and anything that involved math like chemistry and
physics. :confused: :mad:

Lady in Black
25th Sep 2002, 15:37
Alot of you hate MATH???? I love math. Even though it's one of the subjects I have to work better on a bit. But, I can't believe it! Oh well, we all have our opinions. The subject I hate most would be Science. Yes, the subject that's in our daily lives. It's just that I never really got how some Science works. Espacilly, when it comes to SCIENCE MATH. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek: Man, don't get me there!

infinite_sadness
26th Sep 2002, 12:34
MATH!! definitely math!!
man that's boring.

Lady in Black
26th Sep 2002, 14:57
I heard that some of you have BEEitchy(sorry moderators) type of P.E. teachers. I remember when I started Middle School, everyone had a new P.E. teacher named Miss. Depew. (hope she's not a TR fan LOL:D) Nobody including me didn't really like her and all of you will see why.
1. She gives all of us P.E. clothes. If you don't wear them you'll get punished. (Punishment goes this way: Warning, Drop 1 grade, Drop 2 grades, Detention Drop 3 grades, Afterward suspension.) Okay a bit understandable. But wait 'till you hear this.
2. She acts as we're in the military or boot camp. First you do warm up exercises and then we usually run around the gym. Which our gym was pretty big. You NEVER stop for breath breaks you HAVE TO keep running. If one stops you'll keeping running longer until everybody is running for at least 5 mins without stopping. ARGGGHH!!!
I gotta say at least she let's us walk around the gym for about 5 mins too. But, you know STILL!
3. If one people does something wrong, everyone is punished. The MOST STUPIDIEST rule. Once we were taking laps around our school, some girls were talking while walking around. Thankfully, I wasn't one of them. Anyways, she became P-Off and ordered us to run around the school WITHOUT STOPPING as usual for the rest of class time. MAN, I wanted to strangle her that day! Maybe I could get Lara to help me. LOL:D
Well, at 7th grade she left. I could tell you that she was a slut because she was probeley pregnant (I never found out if she was) but unmarried. That's why she left at 7th grade. HORRAY! FOR SHE'S A NOT GOOD FELLOW! lol

Goose Master
29th Sep 2002, 09:41
I think that maths is the spawn of satan. I mean who cares about maths anymore. I got a calculator here it can work out sums better then any brain i could get. YOu could put the point forward that we need math people to help make advancements in maths. I mean there are some people who like maths and want to do it but i dont understand why they drag me down with them. Im so looking forward to my GCSE's next year especially maths, i can already hear my mum curseing my soul to eternal burning because of my grades. :confused:

DaveJ
29th Sep 2002, 09:44
You need maths to work out how much money you have each month...or not, as the case may be.....
;)

Godfather
30th Sep 2002, 13:57
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
MATH!! definitely math!!
man that's boring.

that depends on the teacher you have ... read my previous post if you're confused! :D (btw: the story IS true!) *remembering graceful moment* *superbig sigh*

John Carter
1st Oct 2002, 04:03
Originally posted by Godfather
Well, my least favourite subject has always been history!!

But my most favourite has always been mathematics, man!!
C ya!

Ah! A brilliant mathematician with no appreciation for history!

Perhaps you will develop the theory behind a workable molecular de-integrator, and sell it to some group who will misuse it as a weapon of war and destroy the earth.

Or not. ;)

I hated math in school, although I finally got an A in my last college math class.

I got a BA in History, which has never made me so much as a slim dime, but affords me the opportunity to say "Told ya so" when others profess to be astounded by some hideous outrage.

The trick with history is to realize that most of what is taught is BS propaganda presenting somebody's personal ideological pet peeve as the facts of what happens and why. To do any good with it, you must learn to think critically and as objectively as possible, without pretending that there are no human moral absolutes, as is fashionable among the ethically and intellectually lazy these days.

Durned if I know what the trick with math is. When my next-to-last math prof rhapsodized about the wonderful equations he fancied when he was abed with his wife, I sorta lost what little interest I had in the process. Glad somebody gets it, though, I like computers and the economic underpinnings of the food supply and stuff, for which math seems necessary.

Polar_Andromeda
1st Oct 2002, 18:44
The only subject I have ever truly hated and will forever hate is AP US history. God, I had to take it last year, and it was just soooo boring. I had never been more bored at school than when I took that class. That is my least favorite subject of all time, simply b/c I find US history extremely uninteresting. Other than that, I can sit through anything and enjoy it, but I will never take another US history course again!