PDA

View Full Version : having problems starting the thing

Xcom
1st Sep 2002, 17:00
Ok, so I wanted to check out DromeD, just out of curiosity. The problem is, it doesn't recognize CD2. I suspect that the problem originates from this CD being non-Eidos made. This version of T2 was published by http://www.sold-out.co.uk. I think they patched the main executable, so it works but forgot about the editor. So, I am wondering, is there any way to get it to work w/o the CD?

( or should I forget about it? ) :(

Zaccheus
2nd Sep 2002, 21:20
Check out this thread on TTLG, especially this post by Ekim:
Thief Cracked-----Dromed? (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56141#post626489)

Ekim says this:
Dromed needs no tweaking for this setup, you merely need the original CD2 in the drive. Don't forget to download the new dromed.exe for Thief v1.18 from (amongst others) Dromed Central

I also have the premier version - the patch to 1.18 kills the game unless you unsafedisc it. That means crack a game you legally bought or never ever play Calendra's Legacy.

Hope that helps.
:)

Xcom
2nd Sep 2002, 22:35
YES, it worked, thank you very much. (I have EXACTLY the same setup as the dude from that thread ;) )

Zaccheus
3rd Sep 2002, 12:54
Have fun with DromED.
Don't forget to eat/sleep.
:)

Gumdrop
5th Sep 2002, 02:33
Hey everyone...Look at that smile he's wearing. Bagsie says he looses it within the first 10 minutes spent under the hood of the DromEd beast! :p

Haha...I'm a little surprised to see you in this part of town Xcom. The "Terror From the Deep" is as nothing compared to the multiple horrors that will assault you if you linger too long within the deceptively innocent interface of DromEd. Good luck all the same bud'. :)

Xcom
5th Sep 2002, 15:59
Originally posted by Gumdrop
Bagsie says he looses it within the first 10 minutes spent under the hood of the DromEd beast! :p

I suppose Bagsie doesn't know that Xcom happens to be experienced Q3 mapper, who ain't afraid of some challenge. (and there are some similarities tho there are also lots of differences) :D

Anyway, I spent two days messing around with Dromed and I think I've got the basics under control. I can already release "2 rooms and a guard" FM which will probably be number #1278. Not my style. I must assimilate enough information to produce something of adequate quality. ;)