PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to Egypt?

Jorge22
1st Sep 2002, 16:39
Have you in fact? Most of you may have been in Lara's Egypt but what about the actual country? How did you like it? Did you go on an organized trip or did you simply go by yourself? Is it cheap/expensive, safe/unsafe, easy to get around/hard? I'm not planning on going there right away (just arrived from vacations) but I would like to know...

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 17:21
‘Egypt nothing but pyramids and sand’ Miss AJ aka Lara Croft

I was going in November, and I was really looking forward to it, but me and the guy I was going with had a ‘disagreement’ and we decided not to go (Bugger! Why do I have to be so stubborn!) Anyway I have two other trips planned instead this year, I am going to Turkey in a week, and the States in 31 days time :D But I will go to Egypt one day, it would be really interesting.

Tombraidachick
2nd Sep 2002, 20:16
to me egypt is not just sand and pryamids! its interseing its fasinating history that goes back so many years!!! i would luv to go to egypt one day!!!! its always been my dream...

Lil Lara
2nd Sep 2002, 22:20
I've never been but I'd like to! It seems so fun and exciting(despite all the sand :p)! :D

I know a guy who used to live there. Lol. I don't have any classes with him anymore, and I actually don't see him that often. I would ask him what it was like, though...

rocconorth
3rd Sep 2002, 20:34
Originally posted by Prelude
Anyway I have two other trips planned instead this year, I am going to Turkey in a week, and the States in 31 days time :D But I will go to Egypt one day, it would be really interesting. [/B]

So your coming to this little island we like to call the USA huh Prelude? If you get a chance you should drop by and pay a visit. To get here you just go up "Yank" road (stay to the right btw!!!). Get off at "Uncle Sam" junction and make a left. Continue past three "traffic circles" making sure to stop at the "yield" sign momentarily. Be careful of your speed because I wouldn't want you to get ticketed by the hidden video cameras. Eventually you'll end up at "Clutch" avenue. It's right across the steet from a "mall". When the security guard at the gate asks you who you're coming to see tell him to "sod off" and "leave you alone". At that point, he'll know exactly who you are and he'll alert me to your arrival where creamcakes and cookies will be waiting. :p

Raider Sunrise
3rd Sep 2002, 21:07
I am going to Turkey in a week, and the States in 31 days time :D

You coming to Turkey Prelude? Where in Turkey?

Prelude
3rd Sep 2002, 22:53
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise

You coming to Turkey Prelude? Where in Turkey?

Staying in Altinkum, for a week, really looking forward to it. I hear there are some nice sandy beaches there, and the food and beer is cheap!!!!!!! Heaven. Hope you have cream cakes and cookies as well :D

@rocconorth, you crack me up. Funny but I might actually be passing your way, so thanks for the directions, I know those ‘traffic circles’ well, and as you mentioned you have cream cakes AND cookies, I’ll be sure to pop in and see you, do you think you could put me up for a night….or two?

Raider Sunrise
4th Sep 2002, 09:32

Staying in Altinkum, for a week, really looking forward to it. I hear there are some nice sandy beaches there, and the food and beer is cheap!!!!!!! Heaven. Hope you have cream cakes and cookies as well :D

Altinkum?? Wow!! Wonderful place. As you mentioned, lotsa long, sandy beaches (Altinkum means 'golden sand' in Turkish), and hot weather, I can assure you :) And as for cookies...

http://www.ilovesweets.com/photos1.jpg

Here, have some. We have more here!!!

Prelude
4th Sep 2002, 14:55
:eek: Wow!!! I'm really gonna enjoy this holiday!!!!! Thanks :D

LARAMANIAC
4th Sep 2002, 15:13
I have never been to Egypt but it is very near the top of my list of places I must definitely visit!!! Just want the kiddies to be a little older - so they appreciate the history and architecture etc!!!

But just a little side note - I am very proud to say that my father was one of the engineers who worked on the Aswan Dam during its building stages!!!! So in a way he was a helping hand in creating Lake Nasser!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

rocconorth
4th Sep 2002, 21:24

Funny but I might actually be passing your way, so thanks for the directions, I know those ‘traffic circles’ well, and as you mentioned you have cream cakes AND cookies, I’ll be sure to pop in and see you, do you think you could put me up for a night….or two?

Let me check my calendar first. A day or two huh? Maybe, but usually hotel "Rocco" requires more of an extended stay. Oh well...maybe we can work something out, but you'll have to pay upfront and there is a limit to the amount of creamcakes and cookies that can be consumed!!! Don't forget....this is a four star establishment we're talking about here!!!:p

Data
6th Sep 2002, 16:35
For informatiom, the Discovery channel is about to embark on an epic Egyptian series. I do not know the precise times though so you will need to detach your ocular organ.... sorry, keep your eye out for it. ;)