PDA

View Full Version : Its an Idea!

Solaris
31st Aug 2002, 23:44
Okay so we have the Tomb Raider wallpaper.. can anyone start going on the desktop icons like the my computer icon and such..can we get like her Backpakc as the recycle bin etc.?

its an idea..any other suggestions on desktop Lara related things?

Lil Lara
1st Sep 2002, 01:15
Oooooh..that would be hecka cool! :D

I know that they are going to be having a screensaver available some time--but they should have like a whole package!

Like...it could have the screensaver, a mouse icon thing..and icons for the trash can and "my computer" and so forth.

I can't think of any good icons, though. :rolleyes:

Maybe a boot, perhaps? Lol.

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 02:43
Already been done. I already have all those things on my computer (sad huh) Lara icons etc, and she says things when I open message windows and stuff like that. I downloaded it from a TR site, I think it was Lara Croft Online, but can't be sure. I don't have a Lara screen saver though, that would be cool.

Aquarius
1st Sep 2002, 04:24
@Prelude, I went to LCO, and found the desktop theme, but I don't know how to make it work. It says in the readme, to go to Desktop Themes in Control Panel, but I don't have that. I think that's something only in Windows 98, and I don't have that. Would you have any ideas about what to do?

Lil Lara
1st Sep 2002, 04:48
Oooh. I must try this.

Does it work on Win95? Just wondering. Thanks. :D

DaveJ
1st Sep 2002, 08:04
You need Plus! in order to make Desktop Themes work.

Or there is a Desktop theme manager out there somewhere.....

Edit: here (http://www.lss.com.au/lss/windows/dt/themes.htm)

Driber
1st Sep 2002, 13:57
I've made a Lara desktop theme a while ago, it's on my site http://driber.net

a direct link: http://driber.net/homepage/homemade.html

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 14:05
Sorry I’m late, I was asleep, DaveJ is correct, you need Plus! But you should have it on Windows. It might be that it is not installed; I had to do this before I could download the Desktop theme. Try the following.

To add or remove a Windows component
1.Open Add/Remove Programs properties in Control Panel on My Computer
2.Click the Windows Setup tab, and then do one of the following:

-To add all parts of a component, select its check box.
-To add or remove some parts of a component, click Details, and then select or clear check boxes for those parts.

Notes

If you used a CD to install Windows, you will be prompted to insert it into your computer.

Hope this helps

Aquarius
1st Sep 2002, 14:32
I found Desktop Themes in the Add/Remove Programs file, but it tells me I need a cd for Windows ME, and Windows came preinstalled on our computer, so we do do not have a disk. What do I do??

I also went to the link that Dave gave, but when I try to do the desktop, all that changes is the background.

AHHHH!!!!!

DaveJ
1st Sep 2002, 14:39
Did you have other options enabled?
If you just want to change your desktop, the background IS all that will change.
Make sure you check icons/sounds/screensaver...whichever ones you do want to change.

I don't think Plus! originally came with Windows 95...it was sold separately, but was included with 98 onwards.

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Sep 2002, 17:46
Originally posted by DaveJ

I don't think Plus! originally came with Windows 95...it was sold separately,

:mad: I remember that! *mumbles about dogfood*

I have so many TR screensavers I can't count them any more. I also made a whole load of icons at some point.

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 17:57
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail

I have so many TR screensavers I can't count them any more.

Ooooo, I've always wanted a TR screensaver.......you couldn't throw one my way could you?? (as you have sooo many)

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Sep 2002, 18:03
Hello Prelude, well, PM me your addy and I will try and dig some up. I just replaced my C drive, and everything's all jumbled up still.

Miss Croft
1st Sep 2002, 18:03
Originally posted by Prelude

Ooooo, I've always wanted a TR screensaver.......you couldn't throw one my way could you?? (as you have sooo many)

or me maybe? I cant find them anywhere!

Im ok for wallpaper, mousethings and icons coz i can make em myself

Solaris
1st Sep 2002, 19:37
oooo Catsut screensaver here.

So i have windows ME does it should work here right since i have the PLUS thing. Where do i go again to get it.

and i want to know does it take a lot of harddrive space?

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 23:55
This just in guys, go to the TR website, click on the link HERE (http://www.tombraider.com/home.html) and highlight the downloads tab, there you will find some really cool AOD icons, and it also says screen saver coming soon!!!!

CatSuit&Ponytail
2nd Sep 2002, 13:28
Well, since there is a lot more people wanting, and the files are bigger than my emailer likes to handle, I think you can all download 3 good Screen Savers from This Site. (http://www.screensandthemes.com/screensavers/movies/abc-t.asp) :)

Prelude
2nd Sep 2002, 14:56
Thank you, my life is complete, I can rest in peace. :D

BTW anyone else planning to download from there, pop up ad ALERT!!!!!!

LARAMANIAC
4th Sep 2002, 15:36
I am quite a beginner in the PC/internet field - as I'm sure Cycro will tell you - LOL!!! But off I went to LCO and downloaded the desktop icons, went to my add/remove programs and was met with the usual install Windows 98 CD prompt. I have the same problem as Aquarius - Windows 98 was pre-installed on my computer. So, as DaveJ suggested I downloaded a Theme Manager from his link - thank you for the link DaveJ but then I found out I needed a program to unzip it, which I didn't have. After much time and patience on Cycro's part - thank you once again Cy you really are the most helpful person - I now have Winrar. But now I can't find the bloody desktop themes I downloaded in the first place!!!! I AM NOW TOTALLY FRUSTRATED AND ABOUT READY TO THROW THE TOWEL IN!!! Any help please - where might these downloaded icons be and how do I now install them!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif