PDA

View Full Version : A tank in Colditz????

Redpriest
31st Aug 2002, 17:58
I looked on the back of my C2 box the other day and the top picture is of a tank driving around. From what I can see of the surroundings, it definately looks like castle Colditz (just up the main ramp). Is this somesort of a special mod made for advertising or have i been missing out on a tank in the level???

Xcom
31st Aug 2002, 23:06
Nope, no tank in Colditz. We talked about this before. Some stuff in the pics on the box isn't actually there. So there also was Colditz at night but it's not in the game.

Thorup
1st Sep 2002, 14:03
they just put that in to make people buy the game. but you could try yto go back to the store u bought the game and say: "I want my money back cos there was no tank in the colditz missions as the box said":p

1shot1kill
1st Sep 2002, 15:09
It's just an early screenshot and things have changed, remember that pyro probably did not make the box but eidos probably did...

Twitch
1st Sep 2002, 16:37
Yeah, marketing again. Sell the sizzle, not the steak. There's a Navy F6F hellcat fighter plane on the CD and manual cover that is never seen either.

Mack the Knife
1st Sep 2002, 23:48
Navy F6F hellcat fighter
well, i wouldn't know a F6F from a cadillac bonneville but aren't these the fighters in the cut scene after the bonus mission from The Giant in Haiphong? not that i pay that close attention to what i'm doing but i just completed it and the fighter on the cover looks similar to those in the cut scene. for whatever that's worth! :D

Twitch
2nd Sep 2002, 16:41
Close. It's the F4U Corsair in that cinemamatic. But we do get to mess with the big seaplane that's not advertised.

1shot1kill
2nd Sep 2002, 17:41
Who cares? It's a game about commandos, not about tanks and planes. :D

Mack the Knife
2nd Sep 2002, 18:16
now, now. we are all making an effort to share our toys and play together.

iakovos
2nd Sep 2002, 22:52
The important point here is that Pyro should release an addon cd with those bits and pieces missing from the C2 game :D

Iakovos:)

1shot1kill
2nd Sep 2002, 23:34
They never said it would be in the game, why should they give it?

iakovos
3rd Sep 2002, 16:55
To make us happy ;)

Iakovos:)

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 17:47
I rather haev the game like this than that they left stuff in that would make it less good.

Twitch
3rd Sep 2002, 19:56
All the additional "stuff" is what makes the game- planes, tanks and other vehicles. I enjoy taking the Kubelwagon for joy rides after enough goons are eliminated. Love those screeching tires.

Real commando squads attached to organized military units did interact with all kinds of vehicles to use and disable them to further the goal of the uniformed troops. The game is almost as though the guys are underground partisans. That's not a bad thing either.

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 22:01
Yeah but like the planes you mentioned, it does not matter, neither you or the enemy can use them during gameplay, so who cares?

Mack the Knife
3rd Sep 2002, 22:45
so who cares?
obviously twitch does and that's what counts. it matters ***** what you think because you're worse than listening to a bunch of old women.
i am amazed that someone as negative, someone as irritating, someone as obnoxious, someone as haughty, someone as disruptive, someone as disagreeable as you really is a living, breathing person. how can you live with yourself? you are A-1, 100%, fat-free, unadulterated ANNOYING!!!!!

1shot1kill
4th Sep 2002, 01:10
Ehm, last time i checked there were a dozen ppl thinking that of you.

Twitch
4th Sep 2002, 15:26
Huh? The vehicles are in integral part of the game. Pyro thankfully made them accurate enough so they don't look like lumps of dung otherwise it could be sci-fi commandos. In several scenarios you need to interact with vehicles, planes included, to finish the mission. If the vehicle is destroyed it's over. I like the fact that in a historical time setting the objects are generally correct.

In most simulations and games people overwhelmingly complain that vehicles don't look right. It shows that the developer took no pains for detail and people don't like that. If the objects are un-realistic most likely the sim/game is flawed somewhere too.

Most of us reviewers talk about the immersion factor making a sim/game work. If you don't immerse with the title fooling your brain somewhat, what's the point? Those who don't care about that aspect play kiddie fairy-tale fantasy games.

1shot1kill
4th Sep 2002, 18:16
What i mean is you never get to drive a plane, neither do you have the enemy controlling one to attack you, so it's not really important to the game.

Twitch
5th Sep 2002, 15:29
Yeah, it's just good atmosphere. If they'd had no vehicles it would be much more bland. I reviewed a game about 2 years ago called Green Beret and it was all your squad of soldiers and no vehicles. It was a kiddie blood bath thing too where copious amounts of blood splattered the landscape to the point of absurdity.

1shot1kill
5th Sep 2002, 18:04
Yeah, but there are vehicles in commandos.......

Twitch
6th Sep 2002, 16:09
Yep, and the vehicles make it more fun for me.

1shot1kill
6th Sep 2002, 22:38
Yes, so why complain? They are there, maybe they are a bit different than in real life but this aint a simulator.

Twitch
10th Sep 2002, 18:03
I ain't complaining and didn't start this thread. Just pointing out the marketing BS that companies or divisions other that the game developers get stuck with showing something that ain't there.