PDA

View Full Version : Return to Startopia

Arctic_Wolf
30th Aug 2002, 23:12
Well, i've just satisfied my StarTopia craving. And I have to say what a bloody great game it is. Even though the conspiritors at MF promised a lot that we didn't get(Like Black & White) they still managed to deliver a truly excellent gaming experience(Unlike Black&White)

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO STARTOPIA!!!

SkrasherSmasher
30th Aug 2002, 23:31
Yes, BnW was a big let down. By the way, might I shamelessly promote not only the fact that they Lionhead are making a better game soon? A game called Project Ego in fact. It's going to be better then BnW because your character has the same kind of things your creature has. (Big muscles if you exersize, flab if you eat a lot.) That and there isn't any pesky villager micromanagment. It's going to rock.

That and you should all get into the Waystation Griggari Vortex RPG.

Binro_the_Heretic
31st Aug 2002, 01:55
Originally posted by SkrasherSmasher
Yes, BnW was a big let down. By the way, might I shamelessly promote not only the fact that they Lionhead are making a better game soon? A game called Project Ego in fact. It's going to be better then BnW because your character has the same kind of things your creature has. (Big muscles if you exersize, flab if you eat a lot.) That and there isn't any pesky villager micromanagment. It's going to rock.

That and you should all get into the Waystation Griggari Vortex RPG.

Alas, "Project Ego" will be another X-Box exclusive title.

:(

SkrasherSmasher
31st Aug 2002, 05:10
X-box deserves good games. Halo, Dead to Rights (Also ps2 later) Crazy Taxi 3, and Tony hawk 3 (god knows how many other systems) are most of the primo games for the xbox. X-box definatly needs some exclusive gaming leverage over the other systems due to its dumptruck sized controller...:D

Ghyron
5th Sep 2002, 20:22
Any game they make for X-Box will most likely be ported to the Computer in order to maximize profits.

SkrasherSmasher
5th Sep 2002, 21:48
But the fact that Eight buttons and two 'wasd' setup would be required to set up the button combonation on the xbox controller makes the games coming out on the xbox superior. The wasd would be the lost control sticks, then there's the control pad but not many games use that. Wait, the mouse could be used to look and wasd used to move and qezxc could...

Halo is looking more like Quake every minute. Even a midget could play Halo online with that setup. A midget would have a fit trying to use the towtruck sized X-box controller, but nine keys right next to each other and a mouse means a 1337 X-Box game like Halo could become midget/child's play!

Well there are no system requirements on consoles and there isn't any hardrive space taken up. (Besides saves.) So that makes X-box games used in the X-box better then ported games...

And please, don't talk smack about my god... er console... There was another thread about X-Box which I stirred into what almost became a console flame war. (I saw it coming. You may not have but it was all so familar, like the pastry wars. It started as a mild, offhand comment, and from that came a war so immense we still remeber it today. Years from now we'd be talking about the Console Wars... I prevented a war, just remeber that...:D)