PDA

View Full Version : What's your native language ?

Metty
30th Aug 2002, 20:51
Look in the Poll!

daniel
30th Aug 2002, 20:57
I´m german.
But I learn 3 other languages at school:
English (now about 5 years), Latin (uah...what a terrible language) and Italian (now the 2nd year).
I for myself am very interested in languages (and so I hate subjects like maths and physics) and I´d like to speak English fluently in some years...

Chronicles5
30th Aug 2002, 20:58
Oh COME ON!! German is beating english!?!?! :eek:

lol j/k :D

i dont think this really relates to TRLE, but it might not get closed ;)

ROTC
30th Aug 2002, 21:00
I speak english and a lot of french.

Chronicles5
30th Aug 2002, 21:02
cool! im taking french, this is my fourth year, however, i have to take french one again for freshman year :confused: dont ask why, even im confused... im like 70% fluent in french lol and these other kids are like 2% :D lol

daniel
30th Aug 2002, 21:07
Hi Chronicles,
today we had friends from England here. I had seen them the last time about 5 years ago when I had the first year English.
And now I can say almost everything I want having had 5 years English up to now. They said, I speak english almost fluently :). If I´d go to Englang or America for two or three months, I´d speak English almost as good as my native language :).
That was a great compliment for me and I´m quite happy now :D

Chronicles5
30th Aug 2002, 21:11
Your english seems perfect to me :D

Keep up the good work!! :)

MountainDewNut
30th Aug 2002, 21:16
Originally posted by Chronicles5
i dont think this really relates to TRLE, but it might not get closed ;)

it'll probibly get moved.

English is my native tounge. As a matter of fact, I don't speak any other language.

Malte
30th Aug 2002, 21:19
My native language is German. I've been learning English for 5 years now and French for 3 years (I know you know that, Metty, because you're my cousin :D).

MountainDewNut
30th Aug 2002, 21:21
Your cousins? cool :cool: . I knew there was something that linked you two together.

Malte
30th Aug 2002, 21:29
Hm, what was it :D ???

maxx
30th Aug 2002, 21:31
My native language is german. And it's as bad as my english ;)

Metty
30th Aug 2002, 21:39
And what is it
:rolleyes: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

please reply MountainDewNut !!

DKSM
30th Aug 2002, 23:40
Where's American?

;)

Prelude
30th Aug 2002, 23:51
Originally posted by DKSM
Where's American?
;)

Cool I like that.

British through and through!!!!!!

@DKSM I like that you said that and you don't consider yourself English speaking!!!! Kudos to you.

DKSM
31st Aug 2002, 00:00
Why thank you. I would raise bloody hell if I said I spoke English. ;)

Navel Raider
31st Aug 2002, 00:48
I think I am the only brazilian guy in this forum.
And Brazil is so badly represented...

Where in this forum is the brazilian people?

Aquarius
31st Aug 2002, 01:05
Originally posted by Prelude

Cool I like that.

British through and through!!!!!!

@DKSM I like that you said that and you don't consider yourself English speaking!!!! Kudos to you.

That reminded me...... :p I was talking to someone about maybe a month ago, and I said something like, "No, I don't speak English, I speak Americanish!" lol And then that led to other things like Aussish, Canadianish......... lol Waaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands at that point of time. lol

I also speak Spanish, and this is my 4th year. It could maybe be considered my 5th year, because I skipped Spanish 4, to take AP Spanish.

I really want to learn how to Japanese (almost wrote Japanish for a minute! LMAO!) and Russian. :) That'd be really fun!

MountainDewNut
31st Aug 2002, 01:50
Originally posted by Malte
Hm, what was it :D ???

Originally posted by Metty
And what is it

Are you asking what it was that I thought linked you two together? I dunno. I think it might be the way you two type/act or something. I always have these strange thoughts that are true. Like once, my mom wated to get our van washed at a gas station. I said we shouldn't go cause I felt that something was going to happen to the van. Well, on our way out of the machine, the ladder on the back of our van ripped off. My mom wished that she'd listened to me.

Malte
31st Aug 2002, 07:40
It's . . . unbelievable, hehe :D !

But there's another thing that allows you to realize it. The links in my sig and Metty's link refer to the same site.

Aerite
31st Aug 2002, 11:32
i speak english and im from england, but i also speak, french and spanish and a teensie weensie bit of italian

Aerite

Jade
31st Aug 2002, 14:07
my native language is dutch, and i can speak english fluently (just overlook my spelling mistakes;)) i can speak quite some french and can understand german. ( and i now some swearwords in maltese, italian and yugoslavic (-i go to an international school );))

shirl123
31st Aug 2002, 15:06
my native language is Hebrew, and I've been studying English for 7 years.
but last year something really weird happend: my (evil) english teacher was so dumb, she gave us some weird grammar rules and she just totally confused us (everyone in class).
this is why my english grammar is as not as good as it was (now it's kind of poor), it's mixed up with my hebrew grammar, now the funny part is that even my Hebrew grammar is not as good as it was and I speak Hebrew with the English grammar. hahaha

I hope that you people got my point :confused:

Solaris
31st Aug 2002, 15:51
My native launguage is spanish!

but i also speak english, and im learning german and french.:D

cowboy from hell
31st Aug 2002, 16:25
English is my native tounge. I also speak Spanish but so do alot of people in Texas. Many towns, streets, restaurants, clubs, bands, lakes, and other things have spanish names. The Hispanic culture is an integral part of our states history and growth.

I really should learn to speak German out of respect for my grandparents. My grandparents came to the U.S. from Germany and many of their influences rubbed off on us.

Prelude
31st Aug 2002, 18:56
:eek: I can speak Cockney does that count and fluent gibberish!? I also do a good drunken slur as well.

Solaris
31st Aug 2002, 22:45
:eek: I can speak Cockney does that count and fluent gibberish!? I also do a good drunken slur as well.

yes Prelude..those do count.

as long as no one understands you and you are moving your mouth and sounds are coming out of there it is a laungauge.

So can you teach me he druken slur?:rolleyes: :D

Lil Lara
1st Sep 2002, 01:35
I speak English and I am learning French. :D

tomb_raiding
1st Sep 2002, 01:50
My Native Language is Arabic :)

I speak so much English and so little French ;)

Infact I speak English more than Arabic

Driber
1st Sep 2002, 14:02
I speak English, but I also know a little bit of Dutch :D

Prelude
1st Sep 2002, 14:09
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian

So can you teach me he druken slur?:rolleyes: :D

Of course I can....hear have a beer http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung019.gif

LeeO
1st Sep 2002, 18:30
I live in Wales, so our real language is Welsh, but English is the most commonly used. My parents can't speak a word of Welsh...

Lee dw i a dw i'n byw Nghasnewydd, de Cymru. Dw i'n casau byw yma achos mae'n ddiflas iaun!

I'm Lee and I live in Newport, South Wales. I hate living here because it's very boring.

Jorge22
1st Sep 2002, 23:41
My native language is Portuguese (therefore, I speak some "brazilian" as well) and I'm also fluent at both English and French. I speak just a little Greek, some Spanish and if my memory serves me well I think I've learned some German once and even Dutch...

Raider Sunrise
2nd Sep 2002, 12:47
My native language is Turkish, and I'm fluent at English. I know just a little bit of German. And I would really like to learn Spanish and Greek. I know some Greek, but it's like, a few words or so. :)

Solaris
4th Sep 2002, 16:00

Of course I can....hear have a beer http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung019.gif

Okay..(woo) i haddd the beer..*stumbles a bit*

hadddd der r so many ddddd *falls and passes out*

eTux
4th Sep 2002, 16:57
My native language is Latvian, but I also know English, German, Russian, am still learning Spanish, and am looking forward to learn French and Italian, and maybe some more languages :)

THE True Lara
12th Oct 2002, 10:53
geek-speak, aka techno babble :D ;)

-I can also insult and abuse in 13 other languages, but only say hello in 8..... and they're not even all the same languages......

KoolKat_EF
12th Oct 2002, 17:07
English is my native language, and I learned a lot of German in the Primary school, however, now that I am in the Academy, I am being forced to learn French (which I am not good at) and I've forgotton most of the German I learned.

infinite_sadness
12th Oct 2002, 20:59
Danish........
But I´m tryin´to improve my German......
(my baby-girl is partly german and my honey is German)
German people rocks!!!!!

V_Croft
13th Oct 2002, 12:45
My native language is Greek... I've been learning English for 7 years (lol- I can say I'm very fluent at it), German for 3 years and I also know a bit of French...

Nena
13th Oct 2002, 17:42
My native language is Spanish and I speak English as ya can see.
Well I wanna learn Italian and French.:p

Godfather
14th Oct 2002, 07:38
My native language is Dutch and I speak English fluently and French pretty good ... although I should've been able to speak French as well as English since this is the second language in Belgium; and the third is German, but I don't speak German at all.

Hey, Nena! I like your name! :) Isn't that similar to that German artist who had a world hit with "99 Luftballons" translated later on into the English title "99 Red Balloons"? ;)

the_internet_king
21st Oct 2002, 19:46
i think i speak in english (you tell me lol) and im learning french well at least trying to

Lord Croft
29th Oct 2002, 13:26
Slovenian :rolleyes:

Seth
3rd Nov 2002, 18:55
Anglais!

Mackie
4th Nov 2002, 18:49
My native language is spanish...i also speak english and learning korean too

rocconorth
6th Nov 2002, 07:39
Yank speak dude! I dabble in profanity as well.:p

total_inferno
9th Nov 2002, 17:42
HEHE MY NATIVE LANGUAGE IS ITALIAN... I ALSO SPEEK SOME ARABIC..

sorry bout the shouting:D :D

Lady in Black
9th Nov 2002, 20:45
I'm American so I speak english all the way through. Though I know a bit of Spanish and Japanese. I'm also being taught how to speak in Dutch and also how to make up a language.:)