PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take??

Solaris
30th Aug 2002, 19:52
Okay i noticed that now we have senior memebers ...

so im asking how long do you have to be a Junior member to make it to a member and how long do you have to be member to become a senior member??

and what do you have to do to become a Moderator??:confused:

TombRaiderChik
30th Aug 2002, 19:57
uhh im not sure about the jr to a member but member to a sr is u gotta have 500+ posts and i dont think it has to do w/ how many posts u have to b a moderator.

Solaris
30th Aug 2002, 19:59
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
uhh im not sure about the jr to a member but member to a sr is u gotta have 500+ posts and i dont think it has to do w/ how many posts u have to b a moderator.

but didnt they take off the post count??

im even more:confused:

Aquarius
30th Aug 2002, 20:00
You go from Junior Member to Member somewhere around 30-40 posts, and Senior Member at 500.

I think you need to talk with one of the already Moderators, to become one.

Time to edit! Go up to the Members button at near the top of the screen http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/top_members.gif and click on it. Then you can find your name in there, and see how many posts you have so far, or I can check for you, if you'd like. :p

Solaris
30th Aug 2002, 20:01
Originally posted by Aquarius
You go from Junior Member to Member somewhere around 30-40 posts, and Senior Member at 500.

I think you need to talk with one of the already Moderators, to become one.

oooooo
that explains a lot:rolleyes:

why did they take off the post count???

MountainDewNut
30th Aug 2002, 20:04
You can click on your profile, or anyone elses, to find the current post count (The Eidos Admins only took off the visable post count).

Aquarius
30th Aug 2002, 20:07
Okay, you have 217 posts, and are ranked 60th.

Post counts were disabled awhile back because a few people complained to the Moderators in the main Eidos Community Forums. And a vote was taken, that supposedly was going to speak for all of the members, which it didn't. Because although the votes in the poll were in the majority for disabling the posts, the majority of the members here were outraged that the posts were disabled, and they hadn't had a chance to vote, or even let their opinion be known.

Solaris
30th Aug 2002, 20:38
Originally posted by Aquarius
Okay, you have 217 posts, and are ranked 60th.

Post counts were disabled awhile back because a few people complained to the Moderators in the main Eidos Community Forums. And a vote was taken, that supposedly was going to speak for all of the members, which it didn't. Because although the votes in the poll were in the majority for disabling the posts, the majority of the members here were outraged that the posts were disabled, and they hadn't had a chance to vote, or even let their opinion be known.

much has happened since i was gone..
but thats not fair i want to see my posts...

thanks for the answers...
so we are never gonna have visible post counts??
and why did the people have it banned...??:confused: :(

MountainDewNut
30th Aug 2002, 22:30
I don't mind about not having a visable post count. The main reason it was disabled was to cut down one the spaming back then.

Prelude
30th Aug 2002, 23:46
0 -35 = Junior Member
35 - 500 = Member
500+ = senior Member

as for post counts.....don't even get me started on that one!!!!!

Aquarius
31st Aug 2002, 01:07
lol Prelude! Okay, just try to keep the claws in, and the beer bottles away from people's faces. :p

DaveJ
31st Aug 2002, 08:12
Your post count isn't important.

Its what IN your posts that should matter.

Solaris
31st Aug 2002, 15:54
Originally posted by DaveJ
Your post count isn't important.

Its what IN your posts that should matter.

so it goes..

its not what you do in your tomb raider community but how you do it

Aquarius
31st Aug 2002, 17:19
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian

so it goes..

its not what you do in your tomb raider community but how you do it

Back when the poll was being taken in the Eidos Forums, there had been discussions about something to replace the post counts. One of the things discussed was karma points. These I think basically were points that you would get for being an active member, helping other members if they needed help with something, and the content of your posts. I think that was a really great idea! :)

LARAMANIAC
31st Aug 2002, 21:28
Gawd I can't believe this is being discussed again - to paraphrase DaveJ its quality not quantity that counts!!!

Driber
1st Sep 2002, 14:16
Originally posted by Prelude
0 -35 = Junior Member
35 - 500 = Member
500+ = senior Member

as for post counts.....don't even get me started on that one!!!!!

actually, it's 30 posts to go from junior member to member

the post count view in threads was taken down because it served no purpuse other than spam encuragement
this discussion has ended a long time ago, please direct any further questions about this to a moderator or administrator directly