PDA

View Full Version : AOD looks so complicated.....

Tombraidachick
29th Aug 2002, 23:07
do ya think?? i mean character interaction!!!!! yikes i think i like the plain old tombraider but i guess i wont know 4 sure untill i play the game :D

DaveJ
30th Aug 2002, 08:35
Character interaction is very common in a lot of games.

Surely you've played more than just TR games?
;)

Data
30th Aug 2002, 10:04
I would imagine certain character interactions would only come in to play at certain moments throughout the game and so specific key presses would alter to accommodate this.

The 'action' key will be well used. :D

Miss Croft
30th Aug 2002, 17:38
I think the games gonna be a bit complicated. I don't really think the whole - build up skills like upper body strength - thing is gonna work! just think, TR meets FFX!!! But I think it'll probably work out in the end!

DKSM
30th Aug 2002, 18:10
Originally posted by Miss Croft
...TR meets FFX!!!

To me that would be bad. FFX was like a movie. Too little actual movement, too much movies. ;)

cowboy from hell
30th Aug 2002, 18:41
Originally posted by DaveJ

;)

Familiarity breeds contempt and this is why we have heard so much complaining about the past few TR games. Many people simply have grown tired of the tried formula. I am looking very forward to the challenge. Look at it like this Tombraidachik, I'll bet that the first time you played TR it seemed hard. I'll bet you had never experienced that many control options and moves before, but you eventually learned it didn't you?:) I'll bet you will be laughing in a year or so saying to yourself that you couldn't believe you thought it was going o be so hard.;)

And DaveJ, about playing more than just TR games. I chat with people all the time that have never played any other game than the TR's.:D Yes, I know. It's hard for me to believe also:D

ROTC
31st Aug 2002, 01:46
Ever played grand theft auto 3? If you force your player to sprint, after a while he can sprint for longer distances. It only becomes apparant because you find that you can sprint longer than before and you think, well - that's logical.

I hope that AOD has more non-enemy elements. A shootout in a crowded market square with people running for cover and carts being turned over and henchmen mowing people down to get at you - that would be exciting...

thanhkim
31st Aug 2002, 06:24
AOD complicated but isn't that the deal with TR in general it's a complicated game so one plays it on it's own or with assistance walkthroughs and cheats.

Tombraidachick
31st Aug 2002, 19:52
Originally posted by DaveJ

;)

yeah spie fox, freddy the fish, the grinch, abe's odd world, pajama sam. :D

DKSM
31st Aug 2002, 22:31
Originally posted by ROTC
A shootout in a crowded market square with people running for cover and carts being turned over and henchmen mowing people down to get at you - that would be exciting...

It would also be a lot of work, but it would definetly give added excitement to the game. :)

DaveJ
1st Sep 2002, 08:17
Character interaction is usually very simple.

You approach a character and hit "action" to engage them in conversation.

There will be a display of what that person is saying, and a list of your possible answers.

If you think Lara should win this person over, you pick a friendly option of question/answer.

If you think she is in a bad mood and needs to get on with it, you pick a more belligerent option.

That character would respond in kind to your choice and either help you or shoot you, depending on the choices you made.

Its introduction in Tomb Raider games should add a new dimension to the puzzle-solving aspect and the search for clues.

Blind Intentions
2nd Sep 2002, 03:14
I think it was a great idea to make her interact more with other characters. It really brings her depth and more personality. Plus the replay value will be great because you can play it over and over to see everything :)

Aquarius
2nd Sep 2002, 03:38
Originally posted by ROTC
I hope that AOD has more non-enemy elements. A shootout in a crowded market square with people running for cover and carts being turned over and henchmen mowing people down to get at you - that would be exciting...

So basically, you want the game to have more of an 'Alias' element to it? Now that'd be awesome! Maybe Lara could do the disguises too! :p

SuzieCroft
2nd Sep 2002, 11:41
Originally posted by Miss Croft
... TR meets FFX!!!

I doubt it. TR meets DX, yes perhaps...