PDA

View Full Version : Improvement to SE Strategic Direction

jimbrault12
17th Dec 2012, 11:09
Why is SquareEnix make games like Hitman and Tomraider?* Previous FF titles were far superior to these games.* I'm interested to find out the strategic direction of this company.* Is it to make cheaper title and sell at a reduced price tag.* The advertising for this game is $40.

Why can't this company realize that it can create superior titles that should*sell at*a premium and not a discount.**Whow decided SE games should be worth $40?* What an insult.*

Can't SqureEnix differiate itself from it low quality compepitors and develop and sell superior products?

I believe Final Fantasy XII was the best game ever developed.* Simply put a master piece.* Iwould pay $100 USD for a title at level of FFXII.* Final Fantasy XIII was good but not the level of XII.* XIV was a disgrace and I fear that the company has become too timid in its bold approach to creating new titles that wow its' customers.*

And*please, do*away*with lightning.**Young men and adult men play video*games not young women.* Square simply does not understand it's target market.***

Does Square really want to sell to*young girls and young boys*that might idealize a woman one-man army?** What target market is that?

Focus on titles such FF XII, best sound, battle system and world I have ever seen in a game (Skyrim the only competitor on the world creation).

I also fear that Bethesda, maker of Skyrim, will take over the RPG space.* It seems to be the case now.* They have a great business model.* Create an excellent RPG and then sell DLCs in 6 month intervals.

Hate to see a top-tier company such as Square fade into the shadow with sub-standard titles or loss of identity.*

Here is the*business model this company should use.* A top-rated FF title every 1.5 to 2 years.**Regular*DLCs to add to the titles not cheap*knock-offs like XIII-2.

Then if the programmers have nothing to do, create a*Hitman or Laura*Croft title.* Come on,*Final Fantasy made*Square.**Now Square is abandoning FF.***

Grimoire
17th Dec 2012, 13:51
[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Avoid posting the same messages in multiple forums across the board to widen the audience. In most instances, the forums are designed to reflect news and information specifically to single forums. If you feel the information is relevant somewhere else, be sure to cater that message to the different audience that might be visiting a separate forum category. Also avoid spamming your message multiple times in the same thread.]

stealth
17th Dec 2012, 21:58
square has zero talent left thats why

wada ruined the company*

alanman178
17th Dec 2012, 22:58
Personally, I feel this mess started with Yoshinori Kitase's*"following the theme of avoiding popular elements of previous installments" back during the development of FF10.* I wouldn't say the FF games since then have been "horrible".* I just feel that they have dropped a notch or two partially*because of their avoiding some of those elements that had been in the series for many years.* The "player" is limited these days.* They are offered much less control than they're used to.

new_tradition
18th Dec 2012, 01:15
I believe Edos is working on Hitman and Tomb Raider. If I recall correctly, S-E just bought them out and publish the games under their name. Like how the Star Oceans games are made by Tri-Ace even though they're under S-E's name. A lot of developers work for S-E. There isn't one group that does every single S-E game published.

As for pricing, I dunno. Debut game prices drop fast, but 59.99 isn't always a debut prices for every console game either, so it's not like S-E should charge the big bucks all the time. Heck, we're the consumers-do you WANT to spend more on video games?

Truthfully, while reading this post, I found it refreshing to see FFXII used as a shining example of superiority. Most flame threads end up bashing the Final Fantasy series post FFX. But then again, I've seen whole groups hate everything post FFVI, or post FFIX, hate anything FFVII-related. Anything NOT having Sakaguchi in the credits is blasphemy. Only Uematsu's music is allowed to be enjoyed, etc. A bunch of opinions people try to wrap up into fact.

But then you lost me here:

And*please, do*away*with lightning.**Young men and adult men play video*games not young women.* Square simply does not understand it's target market.***

Does Square really want to sell to*young girls and young boys*that might idealize a woman one-man army?** What target market is that?

Well I'm not fooling anyone here about how I feel about Lightning, but I assure you, many women of various ages do play video games. Does it help to have a female lead sometimes? Sure. But we've played many games with male leads almost always without blinking an eye. So what if males have to deal with it the other way around? If there's people superficial enough to not play a game because of character genders, then I rather they just lose out on enjoying a great experience. And personally speaking, my guy friends never had any issues playing games with female leads, so I highly doubt it's a problem.