PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Allan_R
28th Aug 2002, 23:52
sorry for going away... I got hooked on X-Box, went on vacation, forgut about Startopia (I know I know :rolleyes: ), and lost the link to the fourms so well I had to find the link, and see whats up.

I am back on the Memau home planet relaxing, but I am working on a newspaper (FAKE yet REAL) called THESIM 2 (its a newspaper based on The Sims. If anyone would like to subscribe please E-Mail govermenthamster@yahoo.com (its FREE) or become a reporter.

I'm back! (for now ;) )

P.S. Where is my
We also gained, and then promptly lost Allan_R... I still have 15 kegs of booze and a dozen virgin maidens kept in cold storage waiting to be given out as prizes for whoever returns Allan...
LOL j/k JOKING
;) :p :) :D

SkrasherSmasher
29th Aug 2002, 01:33
Allan, the maidens and booze wern't for YOU! They were for whoever found you. Alas, we must keep both in cold storage for the next time we need a reward for something.

Allan_R
29th Aug 2002, 23:14
dam LOL well I'm back anyway :p :D

Creamy_Goodness
29th Aug 2002, 23:20
I would give you eth nice purdy sig too big piccy but i cant find it so change it yourself :p, oh yeah and Welcome back :)

SkrasherSmasher
30th Aug 2002, 00:54
I don't blame you. The X-Box is a magnificent machine. I was only barely able to pull myself away from Halo long enough to purchase Tony Hawk 3 and Crazy Taxi 3 on the same day. The nearby stores have milk cartons with my picture on the back....

So I'm exagerating on the milk cartons, X-Box is getting some d*** fine games now. I'm grabbing Project Ego as soon as I see it. It's going to be 2 times better then you thought BnW was going to be and 20 times better then it really is!

kool_kats_rule
30th Aug 2002, 12:45
X-box still isn't selling as well as the others though, especially PS2

NZrevenge
30th Aug 2002, 14:13
Two virgin maidens go round the outside,
Round the outside,
Round the outside...

Two virgin maidens go round the outside,
Round the outside,
Round the outside...

Guess who's back?
Back again?
Allan's back,
Tell a friend!

Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

I've created a skrasher, there's nobody wants to see Revenge no more, they want Allan, I'm chopped liver. Well if you want Allan this is what I'll give ya!

Okay... I'll shut up now...

Welcome back Allan, and I'm sorry... But the prizes are gone... I uh... Never thought you'd be back... And so I... I... SkrasherSmasher is right! The prizes aren't yours so ha! Never mind that I've completely emptied the kegs!

Oh, and for the record:
DOWN WITH X-BOX!
Gamecube forever, I say! Long live Nintendo!!!

Except for Halo... That does rule... Even a hardened Nintendo fan-boy like me has to admit that...

kool_kats_rule
31st Aug 2002, 09:06
There gonna release Halo on PC soon.

DMA57361
31st Aug 2002, 18:15
They've been "Going to release Halo on PC soon." for just about forever.

I now dub that this game will arrive on PC Soon™

MunkeeChum
31st Aug 2002, 18:54
No they are actually doing it now. Gearbox are doing the port. There was a big section on it in PC Gamer. So it is coming out.

AND IT WILL BE BETTER!

And I shall buy it.

Allan_R
1st Sep 2002, 14:58
I've unleashed the console WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mucky Foot
1st Sep 2002, 21:17
Our StarTopia cover for PC Gamer got pulled in favour of a much more important game - "Counter Strike: Condition Zero". Yeah, coz that happened. Never trust what you read in magazines.

(but yeah, Halo PC is slightly more likely to actually get released)

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

SkrasherSmasher
1st Sep 2002, 23:45
They pulled a Startopia cover in favor of Counter Strike? Ugh... I hate counter strike. If it had been about the Day of Defeat mod, it wouldn't be bad, but COUNTERSTRIKE?! Counterstrike involves almost 0 strategy, it's just get an Ak-47 and camp next to a door.
--------------------------------

NzRevenge, don't make me twist you like one of those little twisty ties. Nintendo has the new Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros Melee, and mabey Eternal Darkness as good to decent games. But the X-Box is faar superior. I mean, it got its own huge memory card already in it! I have 6 games saved on it with dozens of Tony Hawk 3 movies and it still displays memory the same way it did the day I bought it. +20,000 blocks or whatever ungodly number it has.

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't a close second to X-box though. I'm currently 25% through Resident Evil on a friends GC and I've blown the heads off of all but two zombies just for the visual effect of head explosion. Sure I'm saving bullets by directing a shotgun blast up at a zombies chin, but I'm watching some kickazz graphics while I'm at it. And SSBM is a new reason to have 4 controllers and three friends over...

Nintendo: Head exploding, Zombie feasting. Nintendo character throwdown, kickazz multiplayer.

X-Box: INTERNET PLAY! (over gamespy tunnel) Alien slaying, kickmoreazz multiplayer graphicall superiority.

Don't get me started on Dead to Rights either cuz that game can smoke the entire nintendo system in tightly wrapped paper.

NZrevenge
2nd Sep 2002, 05:41
The day I buy an XBox is the day I first witness a BSOD on a console. Why do you think PCs crash so much? Hard-drives are horrible things to deal with, and the XBox wont be any different.

Arctic_Wolf
2nd Sep 2002, 08:26
There is a whole debate that the X-Box is not actualy a Console but an inferior version of the P.C. I know that its secretly installing MicroSoft Windows on our T.Vs and re-writing the programming on our set-top boxes.

It's evil, and its banned from my house.

Death Busters
2nd Sep 2002, 14:53
Originally posted by NZrevenge
Oh, and for the record:
DOWN WITH X-BOX
Gamecube forever, I say! Long live Nintendo!!!

Amen!!! ^_^

MunkeeChum
2nd Sep 2002, 17:42
Originally posted by Mucky Foot
Our StarTopia cover for PC Gamer got pulled in favour of a much more important game - "Counter Strike: Condition Zero". Yeah, coz that happened. Never trust what you read in magazines.

(but yeah, Halo PC is slightly more likely to actually get released)

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

Is CS:CZ not happening any more?

Anyway I remember that issue, you still had two little greys in a corner or something. And i think Startopia is still mentioned in PC Gamers Big Game hunt every month. And they had some of DMA's missions on a cover disk a few months ago.

PC Gamer love Startopia, they just thought a CS:CZ cover would sell more copies :)

Mucky Foot
3rd Sep 2002, 20:01
Is CS:CZ not happening any more?

Well, you know - eventually it will :-)

MunkeeChum
3rd Sep 2002, 21:55
I hate that word, they used it to describe Daikatana and we all know how that went...

Anyway, i dont play CS anymore. I only play Warcraft III online now (PM me if u want an easy win :p)

Ghyron
3rd Sep 2002, 22:04
Here is a simple solution to your argument:

Computer > Console.

MunkeeChum
3rd Sep 2002, 22:10
That i knew Ghyron, i will have no console in my household. Unless its my friends PS2 with FFX.

I want it to come out on the PC :(

I used to prefer consoles but now my PC takes presedence.