PDA

View Full Version : Flaring senses

LarzBritsh
28th Aug 2002, 05:16
My body has seriously been screwing around with me.

I had insomnia for 4 hours, even though i did feel sleepy, i just couldn't fall asleep, then out of exhaustion from staying up, I went to sleep.

The next day in the middle of the day, i was lying on the couch watching tv and i shut my eyes, when i opened them, it was 3 hours later and i had dozed off. I never sleep during the day or take naps, but this was the first time.

I microwaved a pizza and i grabbed the plate, 4 seconds later my body then tells me the plate is extremely hot, i and had no where to put it so i flung the pizza and the plate across the room.

My it's because i've been staying up late and waking up early this summer that had screwed up my senses.

Lord Croft
28th Aug 2002, 09:12
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
My body has seriously been screwing around with me.

My it's because i've been staying up late and waking up early this summer that had screwed up my senses.

I think school will bring you back on track (or derail you completely) but until then stay away from heavy machinery. ;):D

whitemetal
28th Aug 2002, 09:53
As my father used to say "no feeling no sense" sleep depravation is dangerous my friend, it can screw you up more than anyone knows:eek:

cowboy from hell
28th Aug 2002, 13:44
I normally don't like to make my problems known to public but I thought I should share this with you. I have a form of sleep apnea that won't allow me to sleep even when totally exhausted. This coupled with my lifestyle of being a musician who stays out late nearly cost me many things. I lost the ability to judge distance in driving, the ability to concentrate for more than a couple of seconds at a time, and I could not remember the simplest of things. My reflexes diminished to the most basic and I could not carry on conversation. My mind was screaming for rest yet I could not reach REM sleep. I finally did something about it when my digestion was starting to fail. I changed all of my habits including hanging out late with fellow musicians. I have myself on a strict schedule of rest and I have learned ways to get to sleep without the aid of medication.
I only wrote this to stress the importance of proper rest and to let you know that it can seriously impair you if you don't sleep. It is a good thing I got help when I did because the doctor told me that the next step for me would have been heart problems stress brought on by sleep deprivation.
Thanks for listening and go to bed when your mother tells you to!

Prelude
28th Aug 2002, 19:55
My god it’s a worldwide conspiracy!!! I have the same problem, I can not sleep at night, I sit awake until early hours despite the fact I have to get up in the morning for work, then during the day I fall asleep for no reason and wake up hours later not knowing what has happened!!!???? Could it be something in the air? Are we being drugged? Could it be Aliens!!!!???? Mulder……..?

(http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/schlafen/schlafen015.gifOr Maybe it’s just the fact that I spend too long sat if front of this computer when I should be in bed! There’s a thought, gee what a concept :rolleyes: )

rocconorth
29th Aug 2002, 04:46
Originally posted by Prelude
My god it’s a worldwide conspiracy!!! I have the same problem, I can not sleep at night, I sit awake until early hours despite the fact I have to get up in the morning for work, then during the day I fall asleep for no reason and wake up hours later not knowing what has happened!!!???? Could it be something in the air? Are we being drugged? Could it be Aliens!!!!???? Mulder……..?

(http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/schlafen/schlafen015.gifOr Maybe it’s just the fact that I spend too long sat if front of this computer when I should be in bed! There’s a thought, gee what a concept :rolleyes: )

...Or it could be that you simply have an endless supply of batteries.:eek:

Lord Croft
29th Aug 2002, 09:02
Originally posted by rocconorth

...Or it could be that you simply have an endless supply of batteries.:eek:

Nope. She lives directly under a powerline. ;):D