PDA

View Full Version : Strange glitches in *Breakout*

BrokenArts
26th Aug 2002, 23:11
I just had to write this to you all. I was playing Break Out, on my breaks today. ;)
And I ran into some funky glitches, playing on Alpha Thief. Good lord, one guard would *NOT* die. used my Black jack on him 3 times. He wouldn't die, at least 3 times, I unloaded *ALL* my 25+ broadhead arrows in him. He wouldn't die!!! :eek: :confused:

On an earlier attempt, I kept getting this weird loop effect in the music, when choosing your inventory, it echoed almost. And some of the guards were going in circles again.

The loot wouldn't check off either. I dunno.

Man do I need to reinstall this again? This is the weirdest thing I have experienced so far.
I too will be glad when the patch is out.
I am getting used to the map, found the other way out. ;)
Any ideas?
Thanks

RicknMel
27th Aug 2002, 01:24
I ran into that in Aquatone tonight. That one guard who is sleeping.........I BJ'd him a ton of times and he wouldn't wake up...or die. He just kept snoring (or whistling kinda?), and would grunt when I hit him...then go right back to sleep. Kinda strange. SO I just left 'em there snoozin. :)

theBlackman
27th Aug 2002, 01:27
Yeah. I had one in breakout. Arthur and about 20 other guards were looking for me. I was in the corner by the door and they milled around for a while.

Then they left Arthur there alone. And he stood there forever. I finally put about 20 arrows in him and he did not move. I stood up clocked him 10 or 20 times and still he stood there. Soooo. ESC restart. LOL

BrokenArts
27th Aug 2002, 01:37
Oh man, after I used up all my broad head arrows on that dude, forget it! I hit Escape. I played again, things seemed fine this time, though I am still getting the echo sound. Only once in a while, but it still makes me wonder *why* it is doing this.
I will play different level, and see if I get that echo sound again.
I hope not.

LeatherMan
27th Aug 2002, 23:21
Good lord, one guard would *NOT* die.
That is a strange bug that has only been documented happening once. It happened to Gingerbread Man and you can read about it here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53177).

I kept getting this weird loop effect in the music, when choosing your inventory, it echoed almost. I have had that one also, and just recently switched back to using DirectSound to see if that would fix it. (DirectSound was disabled to prevent crashes, so re-enabling it may not be a good idea. So far it hasn't caused any crashes for me.) To re-enable DS reverse the instructions here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52260).

BrokenArts
27th Aug 2002, 23:50
Leatherman, well interesting to note. I went into preferences for Audio. I don't have anything checked.

Play menu menu music
Hardware 3D sound
use surround sound...........none of those are checked off.

Hhhmmm....when I was about to check off one of them, use surround sound, got a message, do I have a compatible card, yada, I should with this new system.
Now what??? Weird......

I will finish reading the GBM's epic adventure later, hell I wonder if that is the same dude that won't die, no matter what mission you play. :eek: