PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

Solaris
26th Aug 2002, 21:18
Ok..I dont want to start any arguments over which is better..

I am a total cat person..once i get my scanner working ill show a pic of my beautiful (and extremely mean) cat..

Aquarius
26th Aug 2002, 21:26
I am more of a cat person, but I do like dogs too, especially huskys! I want one! :D But I have my cat, that is so cute! :)

Solaris
26th Aug 2002, 21:32
what type of cat do you have??

L Croft
26th Aug 2002, 22:32
I'm a cat person. I have 2. They are very cute.:D

the last frustration
26th Aug 2002, 22:34
Hmm... TLF isn't sure. See, she has this thing, and it looks like a dog, and it stinks like a dog, and it usually sounds like a dog, but it acts like a cat. Seriously, he does does a whole load of cat-like things, like purring. So, she basically has the body of a dog and the mind of a cat. And this cat thinks it's human, too.

Ugh, whatever. Fish it is.

Kurtis Trent
26th Aug 2002, 23:05
Im definitly a dog person. I have 3, my grandparents have 3, my aunt & uncle have one, my other aunt & uncle have one, my cousins have 3, my great aunt and uncle have 1, so mainly, my whole family are doggie people. :D

Godfather
26th Aug 2002, 23:12
I'm a reptile person. I've had a water turtle called Francine for over 13 years, but if I had the money and the space, I'd get myself a crocodile or a sneak or something.

Besides, I can't have no dogs or cats coz they give me hay fever!

TombRaiderChik
26th Aug 2002, 23:38
i voted both. i love cats and dogs!! but i am a reptile person too. i want some kind of snake some day :p

Mgardiner
27th Aug 2002, 00:16
Cat person, but iam stuck with my moms dog...damn that dog lol

AmO
27th Aug 2002, 01:42
i love both cats and dogs, also birds, fish, horses, and goats, goats are hilarious, they realy do funny things.

Aquarius
27th Aug 2002, 01:55
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian
what type of cat do you have??

I really have no idea what my cat is. lol Umm, redish-gold. lol :p

Lil Lara
27th Aug 2002, 01:57
I love all animals, except for creepy rodents! Eww!:eek:

Between cats and dogs...I love both, but I think I am leaning more to the cat side.

I have (family has) 3 cats and 1 dog.

TombRaiderChik
27th Aug 2002, 02:56
Originally posted by AmO
... and goats, goats are hilarious

yeah they are!!!!

i also like llamas :D:D

JunoJIm
27th Aug 2002, 04:01
Definately DOG - here's mine - :D
http://junosavvy.homestead.com/files/Savvy.jpg

AOD510123
27th Aug 2002, 04:12
I'm a dog person. I love them so much and I have 1 of my own which is a pug.:)http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/fk/puppy.gif

Solaris
27th Aug 2002, 16:37
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik

yeah they are!!!!

i also like llamas :D:D

wonder how it is to have a llama?

has any one ever had chickens before??;)

TombRaiderChik
27th Aug 2002, 17:17
these people down the street from me have 2!! i wanted to steal them one day....but yeah anyways :p

my mum had 12 baby chikens when she was in third or fourth grade. but my nana(amy she rest in piece:( )she told my mum to get ride of them so my mum gave them to her first grade teacher. my aunt also had a duck. i wasnt alive when she had the duck but i wish she still had it!!!!!! i love how in friends joey and chandlor had a duck and a chiken:D

i also want a squirrel or a spider monkey w/e they r called and a couple of penguins and a couple of ferrets!!!...anyone here have any ferrets? (i thought scrow had one or was gonna get one)

Solaris
27th Aug 2002, 17:56
these people down the street from me have 2!! i wanted to steal them one day....but yeah anyways :p

my mum had 12 baby chikens when she was in third or fourth grade. but my nana(amy she rest in piece:( )she told my mum to get ride of them so my mum gave them to her first grade teacher. my aunt also had a duck. i wasnt alive when she had the duck but i wish she still had it!!!!!! i love how in friends joey and chandlor had a duck and a chiken:D

i also want a squirrel or a spider monkey w/e they r called and a couple of penguins and a couple of ferrets!!!...anyone here have any ferrets? (i thought scrow had one or was gonna get one)

i want to have a Komodo Dragon:D

In D.R. I had 5 chickens..we are gonna cook them once they get nice and plump *dramatic music*HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:o so where were we?

Grey Mouser
27th Aug 2002, 19:10
I grew up on a farm, and we had about 15 dogs and about 30 barn cats. I continue to enjoy the company of both species. I do however believe it is cruel and unusual punishment to confine large dogs in small spaces, like most big-city apartments....so no dogs in the city for me.

the last frustration
27th Aug 2002, 19:29

TLF's mother had some geese once... she was the first thing they saw when they were born so they refused to leave her side, but then she got pregnant and they didn't recognise her anymore. TLF remembers them (they were all either eaten by foxes or ran off at least a decade ago), she and her dad used to go out and feed them, but they hated her dad and tried to bite his hand off, and he'd go fetch a stick and lower the bucket of food into the cage using that because he was too scared to get too close...

TDC
27th Aug 2002, 20:19
Dogs invented unconditional love.

LeeO
27th Aug 2002, 20:23
I'm more of a dog person, but I like cats too. I especially love puppies and kittens... lol... then they get big! ARGH! lol j/k

TombRaiderChik
27th Aug 2002, 22:37
hehe i feel the same way at times leeo! cuz they r kinda cuter when they r kittens :)

Jade
27th Aug 2002, 22:40
WOW JunoJim, your dog is sooooo cute!!!! it looks like mine, only mine's got slightly longer hair. (he sweeps the floor with it so to say, it gets really dirty though, not to mention the knots it has!!!:eek:)i've got a cat too, it looks like the one on the 'felix' cans, don't know if you people ever heard of it... only fatter, way fatter! ;)

Chronicles5
27th Aug 2002, 23:39
dogs :cool:

cjhilljack
28th Aug 2002, 02:08
I am definately a cat/horse person - but I voted cat...I love all animals though and I think whether a person is a dog or cat person isn't so much about which is better but rather about which one we relate to more. I love our dogs (we have two) but my cat is like my child...and although I love dogs too, I would pick horses before dogs and would have a tough time choosing between horses & cats - after all, your horse can't exactly sit on your lap but your cat can't take you for an all day ride either.

JunoJIm
28th Aug 2002, 04:01
Jade - Thanks !!!

Is yours a Sheltie ??? Mine's a LARGE Sheltie - check out her site:

http://junosavvy.homestead.com/Savvy.html

rocconorth
28th Aug 2002, 05:22
Did somebody say moggie!!!!!!!!!!!????????:eek:

Jade
28th Aug 2002, 12:22
Originally posted by JunoJIm
Jade - Thanks !!!

Is yours a Sheltie ??? Mine's a LARGE Sheltie - check out her site:

http://junosavvy.homestead.com/Savvy.html wow, nice site!!! those pics are so cute (esp the last one -collette chasing;))
mine isn't a sheltie, it's a lassie-dog,(you know, from that serie long ago...) i don't know his official name in english, (sumthing like scottish sheepdog maybe???)
i've got some pics but don't know how to show them...:(

Prelude
28th Aug 2002, 19:44
http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere055.gifCats rule forever!!! http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere031.gif meow!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere030.gif ah look at the little kitty! Bless.

Lady LC
29th Aug 2002, 02:48
Originally posted by Aquarius
I am more of a cat person, but I do like dogs too, especially huskys! I want one! :D But I have my cat, that is so cute! :) hey, I like huskys too! I used to have one... Her name was Laika :D
I really loved her.... But my mom sent her away to live with my uncle in another town... :(

anyway, I like cats and dogs! Doesn't really matter to me... ;)

JunoJIm
29th Aug 2002, 04:02
Jade - if you can email me a pic of your dog, I can send you back an address to put in your post, that'll show the pic.

JunoJim@msn.com

Racinlady
29th Aug 2002, 06:58
Well growing up we had many animals, horses, dogs, cats, goat, and MANY chickens. All of our chickens were named, we had King Furouk, Dartanion, and Charlie Brown a little banty hen (thought a rooster when young) she used to ride around on my goats back they were the best of friends. Charlie was a funny little hen when she got very scared she would faint and we would have to bring her back around :) Now I have dogs, many birds, Blue and gold macaw, african grey, doves (with newly hatched babies) and fish. I would love to have a cat but with the birds I am not home enough to babysit the birds :(

Jade
29th Aug 2002, 07:01
@junojim - i sent the email, hope it arrives!

Solaris
29th Aug 2002, 19:47
Originally posted by Prelude
http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere055.gifCats rule forever!!! http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere031.gif meow!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/tiere/tiere030.gif ah look at the little kitty! Bless.

strange..you seemed like a dog person..

Does anyone like German Shepards? thats about the only dog i like besides Chocolate Labradors:D

JunoJIm
30th Aug 2002, 03:20
Originally posted by Jade
@junojim - i sent the email, hope it arrives!

Got it - forgot I haven't loaded Homestead on my new puter yet, but they should be ready soon...

Looks like the Dogs still have the vote !!! Long live the Dogs !!!

LARAMANIAC
30th Aug 2002, 15:47
We just love animals in our house - we have two cats - Inkie and FiFi, a dog - Bobby a Cairn Terrier, two guinea pigs - Bubble and Squeak, and a rabbit - Peter!!! Love them all - working on partner at the moment as my girls and I want a mouse too - but he's having none of it!!!! LOL

I have always wanted a chocolate Labrador too!!!!

Solaris
30th Aug 2002, 19:13
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC

I have always wanted a chocolate Labrador too!!!!

I love chocolate labs and all but i just cant tolerate to have a dog in the house..i find them to needy.
Thats why i like cats cause they are independent and dont need to be walked or need constant human attention.

I also love cats cause they love playing..hehe;)
I dont like playing fetch..dog drool on the ball..gross

JunoJIm
31st Aug 2002, 03:29
I got a chocolate bunny for Easter, but it melted in my hand...

OK Jade - where are your pics ??? !!! :D

Jade
31st Aug 2002, 10:07
ok, i'll try...
http://junojim.homestead.com/files/kasbal2.jpg

http://junojim.homestead.com/files/Mvc_004s2.jpg
isn't he cute?

hope it works, put 2, the ones i like most;)

(btw @junojim - i used my dad's email to send the pics, cause my hotmail account just won't send them, but my dad got a little angry at me for not asking... so if for whatever reason you need to email me, use my email, it's in my profile ;))

LARAMANIAC
31st Aug 2002, 21:24
AAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwww Jade he is just the cutest!!!!

cjhilljack
31st Aug 2002, 23:34
Jade - your dog is a collie (nice looking dog, btw). FYI - I sheltie is just a miniature version of a collie.

I had a collie once and she was the best dog I ever had.

Thanks for sharing your picts!

Solaris
31st Aug 2002, 23:46
i want to see the doggie..o there it is!

That is a cute dog Jade!
Make that a good raing since im not especially fond of dogs (hehe your dog i can tolerate!)

JunoJIm
1st Sep 2002, 04:45
He is really great !!! I especially like the second one - looks like he's really playful & getting ready to bark !!!

My Sheltie barks like crazy - I used to wonder how they got Lassie to bark, now I wonder how they got her (actually him) to STOP !!! LOL :D

Jade
1st Sep 2002, 13:09
my dog barks alot too, esp when you kick the ball and he can't catch it! really cute;)
but the sweetest thing is when he wants to bark and he still has the ball in his mouth, it sounds really funny:D
i have to brush him every now and then (which i don't do very often:o ) that's so much work!:(

JunoJIm
2nd Sep 2002, 04:20
Yup - I know what you mean, I could knit a sweater with all the fur lying around !!! I hear some people do... gads, I'd rather be playing TR !!! :D

BTW - comon all you dog lovers, cast your votes, the cats are leading !!! :eek:

JunoJIm
3rd Sep 2002, 05:17
VOTE DOG !!! :D

MountainDewNut
3rd Sep 2002, 16:53
I like both! dogs to pet and cats to play with.

Lady in Black
3rd Sep 2002, 23:01
Me, I'm both. But, I used to own 8 dogs including once in a while, PUPPIES! All are Siberian Huskies. But, since I had to move here, I had to sell all my dogs.:( But, my family is planning once we get out of this apartment, we'll get a dog. I can't have a cat because my dad is allergic to them.

cjhilljack
5th Sep 2002, 03:45
mine isn't a sheltie, it's a lassie-dog,(you know, from that serie long ago...) i don't know his official name in english, (sumthing like scottish sheepdog maybe???)

Hey Jade, are you sure your dog isn't a Sheltie? I know I said she was a Collie, but I actually based that on your comment above - but she doesn't look like a full sized Collie - so that got me to thinking. Sheltie's actually have 3 common names - one being Sheltie, another being Miniature Collie (which are usually around 20-30lbs) and the final being Shetland Sheep Dog - which is how they came up with Sheltie, it's just a shortened version of this longer name....

Just wondering????:confused:

JunoJIm
5th Sep 2002, 04:25
Well, I've got an enigma for ya, mine's a Sheltie, for sure, but she weighs 46 lbs - 19" at the shoulder !!!

Vote DOG :D !!!

Jade
5th Sep 2002, 15:37
Originally posted by cjhilljack

Hey Jade, are you sure your dog isn't a Sheltie? I know I said she was a Collie, but I actually based that on your comment above - but she doesn't look like a full sized Collie - so that got me to thinking. Sheltie's actually have 3 common names - one being Sheltie, another being Miniature Collie (which are usually around 20-30lbs) and the final being Shetland Sheep Dog - which is how they came up with Sheltie, it's just a shortened version of this longer name....

Just wondering????:confused: well, i'm sure he's not a sheltie. he looks smaller on the pictures though, and he's not that old either.
in dutch he's called a collie as well. i just wasn't sure if it was the same in english...
btw, how many kilo's is 20-30lbs?

cjhilljack
6th Sep 2002, 04:18
well, i'm sure he's not a sheltie. he looks smaller on the pictures though, and he's not that old either.
in dutch he's called a collie as well. i just wasn't sure if it was the same in english...
btw, how many kilo's is 20-30lbs?

I'm sorry, I really stink at metric conversion, but I think it would be 9-14 kilos - someone who knows how to do this, please feel free to correct me. I have seen shelties get bigger though, but a Collie is a bigger dog - more like 60-70 lbs or 27-32 kilos if I have this math figured out correctly (my conversion chart says there is 1 kilo per every 2.205 lbs).

:) My collie barked quite a bit, but only when she was happy - playing & stuff, not just at everything all the time - shelties usually bark a lot more for some reason...

JunoJIm
6th Sep 2002, 05:19
Do Collies shed their undercoat ???

My Sheltie finally finished for this year, you could weave a whole sweater from all the super fine fur I brushed out of her over a two week period !!!

Jade
6th Sep 2002, 23:02
my dog is still shedding, these big plucks of fluffy white hair. it used to be worse, he could leave an entire trail of hair where-ever he'd walk!
about the barking, here on malta are lots of stray dogs, so when he hears one he starts barking. (he's a real coward though, when he sees the dog face to face, he never barks. he'd be a lousy guarddog(not that we need one))
he also has this bal-obsession, he always carries it around and always wants you to kick it, doesn't matter who, anyone's welcome to kick it. my dad used to joke about this, he'd say that if a burglar'd come to rob the place, the dog wouldn't chase him or bite him, but he'd bore the burglar away with his ball...

JunoJIm
7th Sep 2002, 05:38
LOL - yes, the fluffy white (really fine) white hair - you can pull out tufts almost like a cotton dispenser...

Maybe we should save it, and have someone make sweaters for Mexican Hairless dogs !!!

Where are the DOG VOTES !!! I can't believe the majority of Tomb Raider are Cat People !!! :eek:

Solaris
7th Sep 2002, 18:27
LOL - yes, the fluffy white (really fine) white hair - you can pull out tufts almost like a cotton dispenser...

Maybe we should save it, and have someone make sweaters for Mexican Hairless dogs !!!

Where are the DOG VOTES !!! I can't believe the majority of Tomb Raider are Cat People !!! :eek:

well doesnt lara have a pet Tiger?:rolleyes: :D

My cat is shedding plenty too...dont see the point now since winter is coming and she re-grows all the fur anyways...extra cleaning for me though *sigh*

Jade
7th Sep 2002, 22:19

well doesnt lara have a pet Tiger?:rolleyes: :D

My cat is shedding plenty too...dont see the point now since winter is coming and she re-grows all the fur anyways...extra cleaning for me though *sigh* a pet tiger?? oh, baby tigers are soooooo cute!!! i want one too!!! (i've actually asked my dad a couple of times:rolleyes: and he said that if i found one snooping around i could keep him:D... heh, like that's gonna happen...)

Solaris
8th Sep 2002, 04:02
a pet tiger?? oh, baby tigers are soooooo cute!!! i want one too!!! (i've actually asked my dad a couple of times:rolleyes: and he said that if i found one snooping around i could keep him:D... heh, like that's gonna happen...)

LOL, i doubt though a Tiger is a good pet..when they grow up and they are hungry in the morning.....:eek:

anyways..i was thinking, does anyone feel weird when they are doing something and there pet is staring at them..for hours...it gets me freaked.:eek: :rolleyes: :p

Jade
8th Sep 2002, 07:40

anyways..i was thinking, does anyone feel weird when they are doing something and there pet is staring at them..for hours...it gets me freaked.:eek: :rolleyes: :p then you must be doing something weird, cause my pets don't really stare at me, not for a long time at least, all my cat does is sleep and all my dog does is play, so...

Solaris
8th Sep 2002, 17:05
then you must be doing something weird, cause my pets don't really stare at me, not for a long time at least, all my cat does is sleep and all my dog does is play, so...

no i dont do anything weird..ususally im playing Tomb Raider and my cat stares at me..just sits and stares:eek:

JunoJIm
9th Sep 2002, 05:23
My Sheltie nudges my elbows, when I'm trying to make Lara do a difficult jump !!! (She's jealous)

infinite_sadness
9th Sep 2002, 11:34
Definately DOG - here's mine - :D
http://junosavvy.homestead.com/files/Savvy.jpg

oh man that's one cute dog!!! :)

Jade
9th Sep 2002, 14:10
My Sheltie nudges my elbows, when I'm trying to make Lara do a difficult jump !!! (She's jealous) oh yeah, i recognise that! when you're sitting at the table or sumthing, and then the dog lets you know he wants a hug -sigh- i don't like that wet nose on my arm, eeeek!
you know, my dog has an annoying height, when he stands in front of the tv you can't see the bottom half of it, he is just a little too big. very annoying...
but i still love him!!!!!

JunoJIm
10th Sep 2002, 03:26
Yup - they're part of the family, too smart for YOUR own good, but think about what they give you !!! :)

Jade
10th Sep 2002, 18:12
Yup - they're part of the family, too smart for YOUR own good, but think about what they give you !!! :) you can knit a nice warm sweater from their fur:D

JunoJIm
11th Sep 2002, 02:19
Maybe we should start a pet fur sweater company !!!

I bet we could find someone who knows how to make yarn out of that fine fur - it's like cotton. Then we could have the yarn woven into sweaters, with a guarantee that it's genuinely all from the owner's pet, and sell them for a fortune !!!

Jade
12th Sep 2002, 15:50
Maybe we should start a pet fur sweater company !!!

I bet we could find someone who knows how to make yarn out of that fine fur - it's like cotton. Then we could have the yarn woven into sweaters, with a guarantee that it's genuinely all from the owner's pet, and sell them for a fortune !!! :D sounds great!!:p you don't think it's gonna itch?

JunoJIm
13th Sep 2002, 05:36
Well, first, we'll have to take out the fleas !!! :D

Jade
13th Sep 2002, 15:40
Well, first, we'll have to take out the fleas !!! :D :D :D :D lol!
yeah, and the ticks, flies, bugs, and ants!(if it's my dog... he has a tendency to stand next to ant-hills while he's peeing...... my dog is a little sad....)

Solaris
13th Sep 2002, 19:51
:D :D :D lol!
yeah, and the ticks, flies, bugs, and ants!(if it's my dog... he has a tendency to stand next to ant-hills while he's peeing...... my dog is a little sad....)

*shakes head* po', po' doggie

umm i dont really like the idea of wearing my cat.
but if i had to wear her at a dinner party i would..so when can we start? (lol:D )

Dawn
14th Sep 2002, 00:07
Definitly a cat person:D
I have a cool, black-as-coal cat-boy(boy-cat? he-cat? cat-man?), and I guess he owns me more than I own him :)

The cat im my sig is not him....

Jade
14th Sep 2002, 11:10

umm i dont really like the idea of wearing my cat.
but if i had to wear her at a dinner party i would..so when can we start? (lol:D ) we can start an entire line of clothing!:eek: lol! doghair-sweaters, cathair-vests. -sounds itchy
btw, nice sig dawn!;)

Solaris
15th Sep 2002, 21:00
we can start an entire line of clothing!:eek: lol! doghair-sweaters, cathair-vests. -sounds itchy
btw, nice sig dawn!;)

itchy,itchy,itchy

WOOHOO! Go cats go cats go go go cats!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/party/party018.gif

OuTR
21st Sep 2002, 04:31
Well since I cant vote..
Im definitely a dog person.

I mean compare a great dog like a Siberian Husky to a measly
cat.. please. :D

Jewell
21st Sep 2002, 22:37
we have:
5 dogs
3 cats
2 birds
1 rat

i repeat: i live in a zoo
as you can see i have a few options as to which category i fall into, however despite the amount of dogs, i am a cat person

the sad thing is, we would have more dogs, but 5 is the legal limit where we live.......

Solaris
21st Sep 2002, 22:44
Originally posted by Jewell
we have:
5 dogs
3 acts
2 birds
1 rat

i repeat: i live in a zoo
as you can see i have a few options as to which category i fall into, however despite the amount of dogs, i am a cat person

the sad thing is, we would have more dogs, but 5 is the legal limit where we live.......

YEAH! one more cat person!!!http://216.40.241.68/contrib/fk/cat.gif

Angelcat_and_lara_croft
21st Oct 2002, 19:44
II am a complete act person I have 2 of my own :cool:

Johnny
27th Oct 2002, 03:02
Dogs rule and cats drool! :D

Angelcat_and_lara_croft
29th Oct 2002, 17:28
As you can see the majority are cat people

Godfather
1st Nov 2002, 19:50
Well, I told you before that I'm more for reptiles than any other kind of animal, but if I had to choose I'd go for cats.

2 reasons: Cats are cuter and ... Michelle Pfeiffer. Just watch Batman returns and you know of what I speak. If all cats (or any; for that matter) looked that good, I'd marry one right away. :D

Jade
2nd Nov 2002, 13:19
Originally posted by Johnny
Dogs rule and cats drool! :D DOGS DROOL, not cats!

JunoJIm
28th Nov 2002, 03:57
My Sheltie doesn't drool - prolly not your Collie (that rhymes), either... they're too smart !!!

JunoJIm
1st Dec 2002, 06:17
PS - see PC vs Mac poll - do Macs go with Cats, and PCs with Dogs ???

Solaris
16th Dec 2002, 14:48
I never liked Mac computers. Im on one right now in my pc class. They are very annoying and this one constanlty freezes. Grrr I hate it.

So if i go with Pc's does that mean im a dog person?:D The world would end if im a dog person!:p

JunoJIm
17th Dec 2002, 04:43
UH OH, the first vote, and it's a PC / Cat, and in your own thread, oh well...

Too many Cats !!! Too many Macs !!!

Solaris
18th Dec 2002, 14:46
Its a cat world after all! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

JunoJIm
19th Dec 2002, 04:46
Cmon DOG people !!! Help - I'm getting swamped with Cats !!!

Hey Dagger, looks like you're an AM person, & I'm a PM - wonder if that's another thing... Macs, Cats, & AM... although my dog wakes me up at dawn, but I go back to sleep after her walk...

Solaris
19th Dec 2002, 13:58
only reason im an AM person is cause im in Computer class...using Macs...hahahahahahaha:D

JunoJIm
20th Dec 2002, 05:22
Well then, I hear using a Mac is sooo easy, you can catch up on your sleep during class !!! :D

Tomb Raider Fan
6th May 2004, 16:33
Dogs!!!!;)

thanhkim
6th May 2004, 18:55
I like both cats and dogs but I'm really a sheep person, how fluffy are they just like my hair. I really like poodles there like doggie sheep. If I got a poodle I'd get a black one or a chocolate colored poodle like Lara's hair.

Invincible
7th May 2004, 02:15
They'r just so furry and u feel like choking them how cute they can be.....
Dogs stink,and there is saliva everywhere,so I rather live with a cat thanx :P :D :rolleyes: :cool:

collver
7th May 2004, 13:54
dog's rule cat's drule lol :D

Deckard
7th May 2004, 21:52
I have always been a cat person, and thought the same is true for all my family, especially my parents. Then, shortly after our 16 year old tomcat passed away, they adopted her:

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/v129/WelshTerrier/Woosh.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: A Terrier! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, I'm still a cat person, but I must admit I like her :D

fozzy
9th Jun 2004, 14:12
I like both and have both, but I am still a DOG person! I have a GREAT DANE and I am 6 foot, she is 5' 11". I would post a picture but I'm not sure how:(

uzigirl
11th Jun 2004, 21:18
I do prefer dogs to cats, but I do have a cat called Buster. He's only a few years old and black.
I would like to have a dog though. :rolleyes:

nbs1243
30th Jun 2004, 04:04
I love both cats and dogs. Then again, different cats, and different dogs have different personalities. Some are a lot friendlier than others are. Far far friendlier than others are. But I wouldn't own dog breeds who have a history of aggression. Some breeds have a higher chance of killing kids and all that.

USB2.0 graphics cards? USB2.0 handles 60megabytes/second. Or 480megabits/sec.

I'm sure it's possibly fast enough. E.g. for the laptops.

Invincible
30th Jun 2004, 09:04
Originally posted by nbs1243
Some breeds have a higher chance of killing kids and all that.

USB2.0 graphics cards? USB2.0 handles 60megabytes/second. Or 480megabits/sec.
I'm sure it's possibly fast enough. E.g. for the laptops.

Eh?? http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/Smileyz/what.gif
U have robot pets?! :D http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/Smileyz/shadyerrr.gif

nbs1243
30th Jun 2004, 10:09
yup, they can't walk down the stairs though. They fall and make baby sounds on their back.

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Jul 2004, 15:27
Blast from the past!

Cats, btw, if anyone's doubtful. :p

nbs1243
1st Jul 2004, 20:48
I don't know what the big deal is. I like them both!!

Although, some cats have different personalities altogether. Further, some dog breeds and even dogs in general have different personalities. It's a bit like hwo they were also brougth up. Some birds who live in the country/wild, if they are treated well, are not scared of humans, and will not fly away. Not like those in the metro/suburbia. Where they've learnt that humans have seriuosly injured them.

Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
Blast from the past!

Cats, btw, if anyone's doubtful. :p

AngelKitty1441
2nd Jul 2004, 02:30
Hello :D
My name is:

AngelKITTY1441
:rolleyes:
Duh?!?!?!?
:p
LOL
um yeah...

cats
:D

Panoulis
8th Jul 2004, 20:37
cats
CATS
CATS
CATS

:D:D:D

nbs1243
9th Jul 2004, 01:46
But there are also dog breeds who are as small and behave like cats, such as the long haired Chihuahua, or similar.

I don't know, I love cats, but they also say that cats tend to be less loyal when compared with dogs. They'd leave for a new master or mistress. But it all depends on the cats. Some cats are also very very loyal. Whereas some aren't as loyal. Some are timid and quiet, some are very aggressive.

Deckard
9th Jul 2004, 09:01
Cats are individuals. They definitively tend to have their very own character. The only thing I found individual cats often have in common is that they seem to like "routines". But these routines generally are very different - characteristic, so to say :D .
Of course, dogs are individuals too, they definitively have their own character - but less so than cats. Generally, within a breed, the characteristics of a dog are quite well defined. IMO, this is one of the main reasons why certain people just can't cope with cats: a cat will always be his own master. Like it or hate it :D :D :D .

nbs1243
9th Jul 2004, 12:35
What do you mean by cats will always be "their own master"?

I think depending on their personalities (different cats have different personalities), some cats can also be very loyal.

Deckard
9th Jul 2004, 20:25
If a cat decides to be loyal it will be loyal :cool: . I'm just saying that unlike dogs loyalty just can't be expected or even assumed. Loyalty in cats is not a "hard wired" feature as it frequently is in dogs. And no, I'm not unfair to dogs, I'm not saying this or that is better. It's just ... different. Differences make things more interesting, isn't it ?:D :D :D

midroth
14th Jul 2004, 09:17
I'm a dog person :D Our family owns dogs since 1881 - with little breaks (2 ugly wars).

Tramp
17th Jul 2004, 10:07
I am both a dog and a cat person (ps what about birds)
I have 3 dogs (Tramp, Munchie & Petey, Tramp's son and daughter) and 2 cats (Smokie and Socks). They all love my birds (I have about 150 birds).
The cats sit on the table when I am hand raising baby birds.

Put it this way I just love animals. All types of animals even snakes. Hate spiders though.

Any other bird people out there.

Cathy:D

AngelKitty1441
18th Jul 2004, 21:32
After thought.... :D
I also like Birds. (grins at member who might have been offended... all better? muah! ^^

It's just that my kitty might like a bird a little bit more than the bird might be comfortable with. teeheee ;)

Cats are definately wired different from dogs. (They also tend to be cleaner which is my biggest reason probably), for liking them more than dogs. You must aquire the love of a cat. That also is more appealing to me than a dog who will love anything that it is familiar with seemingly anyway...yep...I am definately a cat person...just thinking of dogs I get that disgusted feeling sorry....truth must be told. Yep it's cats. :p

My kitty is my baby. Spoiled and loved. In return he keeps me warm at night and purrs calmly. Which I really enjoy.

Looks at Cathy:
What an achievement to have a cat and bird as friends. Wow! Well done! Impressive.
How did you do that? I had a bird as a child and a cat. One day we retuned to find kitty about to eat the bird and the bird shaking under a bureau. The only time kitty was in the proverbial
"dog house" teehee.

Dino
18th Jul 2004, 23:48
Temporarily at least I guess I am a bird person.

I discovered a bird's nest on the beam under the roof overhang outside my front door. On July 5, I looked in the nest and saw three tiny little baby birds. I think that they are sparrows. For the first few days the female stayed in the nest almost all of the time, though she would fly away every time I went out the front door.

Now the babies are alone in the nest, but the parents come several times a day to feed them.

I have a camera in the house zoomed in on the nest through the window, and connected through my receiver to the television. With Picture-In-Picture I can watch a TV program and have the nest in a small image in one corner. When one of the parents comes, or there is some other interesting activity, I can switch to have a full screen image of the nest.

Last Wednesday evening, all three of the babies were out of the nest crouched on the beam. Thursday morning when I checked, I could only see two of the babies. The third one had fallen off the beam and was under the porch swing. I tried to pick it up to put it back in the nest, but it ran halfway across the front yard. It couldn't fly, and I was surprised at how fast it could run. It probably stopped from exhaustion. It was only about 10 days old.

A bluejay swooped down from a nearby tree with evil intentions, but I got to the baby before the bluejay did. I put it back in the nest. One of the babies had climbed back in the nest, and the other one was still on the beam near the rafter farthest from the nest.

When the parent came the next time, he fed the two babies in the nest, but didn't see the third baby, even though it was standing there fluttering its wings with its mouth open wide.

I knew that baby wasn't going to get fed if it stayed were it was so I put it back in the nest also.

There is a temperature sensor on the beam near where the nest is, and that sensor has registered 102.4 degrees in the heat of the day on several days here recently. It's reading 99.3 right now at 4:44 PM. I know that birds metabolism runs at a higher level than other animals, but I don't know how high an ambient temperature is too high.

The babies look to be almost as big as their parents, and the nest is crowded with the three of them in it. Normally they are quiet, but when all three get agitated at the same time, standing with their mouths wide open, I know its almost feeding time, and within a few minutes a parent will show up to feed them.

I am really looking forward to seeing the babies learn to fly.

Tramp
19th Jul 2004, 08:45
Hi Angelkitty 1441

It really wasn't that hard to train the cats. When they were kittens I brought them up onto the table whilst I was feeding young ones, if they looked like they were going to get aggressive I just told them no, very firmly. If they got naughty with the birds in the cages a spray bottle set to a very hard jet spray right in the face usually does the trick. They learn very quickly after a couply of sprays. Now when they get up near the cages with lorikeets, the lorikeets lick the cats on the nose. Or if their back is to the cage they quite often get their tails pulled. Although if they get too close to my Sulfur Crested Cockatoo he throws his crest up and opens his beak and tells them off, he really doesn't like them at all. Most of them are so used to the cats now that they just don't pay any attention to them at all. The cats also know that the birds are just part of the household and are very normal.

I trained my dogs the same way, and they are fine with the birds. They also get on really well with the cats. Its winter here and I always know when its a really cold night as I end up with 3 dogs and 2 cats all snuggled up together with me on the sofa. Basically all my animals get on pretty well with each other, it just takes a little bit of time and patience to train them.:D

AmberLion
19th Jul 2004, 15:25
Wow...so many cat people. :)

No wonder I like it here.

shantal2501
21st Jul 2004, 15:28
IM TOTALY A DOG PERSON I HAVE A WHITE CIHUAHUA WITH GINGER COLORED SPOTS HER NAME IS GINGER! SHE HAS HAIR AND SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!