PDA

View Full Version : School! Yuck!!

Aquarius
26th Aug 2002, 17:13
Well, my summer vacation ended today, it was back to school again, woopiee!! :rolleyes: So, probably while most of you are still sleeping, or at least in your pajamas, lol, I'm probably be in my Algebra II class, or hearing at the Economy, Shakespeare, and all that good stuff. lol

lol I saw so many scared Freshmen today, I had to keep from laughing at them!!! :D Ahh, it feels so good to be a Junior, and an Upperclassmen finally! Wooo!!! :D

Did anyone else go back today?? lol

TombRaiderChik
26th Aug 2002, 17:30
aww that sux! i go back the 5th. i have a little more than over a week, and that much time to read this boring 500 page book plus a report on it. ack. well i hope u had a blast going back to school :rolleyes: :D
o and im gonna b a soph and did u take geometry last year? if u did was it easy? cuz math really isnt my thing. im more of a history girl lol

Aquarius
26th Aug 2002, 17:42
Geometry.....wow, what a fun class. :rolleyes: It might be easy depending on if you have the right teacher. You have to know a bunch of postulates, theorums, and tons of rules. Then, you need to know how to apply them to explaining how to solve a problem. It's a pain at first, but you get the hang of it after awhile.

I'm trying to remember some of the postulates. There's the Ruler Postulate, SAS, SSS, and ASA Theorums. The last three deal with providing either triangle congruency or similarity, by whether all three sides are congruent, or 2 angles and the included side, or 2 sides and the included angle. lol Have fun with that!! :D

Just be glad you won't have some of my classes. lol American Government, Economics, Shakespeare (but that should be fun! :)), AP Spanish, Early and Modern American Lit, and Algebra II. Fun fun fun............

cowboy from hell
26th Aug 2002, 17:58
Well.......I was going to tell you to keep your chin up and that school is not that bad. Then I read that you will be studying Shakespeare and I changed my mind. I guess all of the mental scars re-surfaced and reminded me of why I hated school so bad.;)

Aquarius
26th Aug 2002, 18:11
Well, I willingly asked for Shakespeare, so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, so many of my friends are in there, so it's gonna be a blast!! :D

I also have Lifetime Activities, which basically is a more fun gym class. :p

I'm not so much worried about the classes, it's more or less all of the extracurricular stuff, and then trying to keep an A in all of my classes. If I can maintain an A in all of my classes, I'll have a 4.05 GPA!! :eek: I hope I can do it!

Raider Sunrise
26th Aug 2002, 18:18
Us ppl here are the luckiest, we aren't going back to school until the 16th... :D but still, i'm dreading it. i'm also gonna be a soph.

Lil Lara
26th Aug 2002, 19:04
I go back tomorrow! ACK!! I don't wanna go, they can't make me!! Lol.

Ehhh--I'm just going to be a stupid sophmore, not much of a difference...:rolleyes:

The only good thing is that I have 4 classes with my best friend! This is amazing! We've never had that many classes together since elementry school when we didn't change classes! Lol. :D

Prelude
26th Aug 2002, 19:41
Ah School, what I wouldn’t give to go back to school…..*Prelude drifts away to thoughts of passing notes and throwing things in class, not paying any attention to my teachers, missing class and meeting behind the bike sheds!!!!* Still having left school over 12 years ago…er erm, did I say 12 I meant 2, I guess I would get some pretty strange looks turning up for school tomorrow, so I guess I’ll just be going to work then instead, now that sucks!

Disclaimer: Please do pass notes and throw things in class, do not not pay any attention to your teachers and do not miss class and meet behind the bike sheds, all of these things are bad for your education and are strictly not advisable. Thank you.

H*ll you’ve only got to look at me to know this!!!! :p

cowboy from hell
26th Aug 2002, 20:00
;) I wouldn't go back at gunpoint! LOL. Just kidding, I think school is one of those necessary evils. It was a burden, but a burden with ultimate reward.

infinite_sadness
26th Aug 2002, 20:21
naaaaa... I gratuaded from school this summer!! :) weeee
All I gotta do right now is to take care of my daughter!! :)

anyway... have fun ;)

shirl123
26th Aug 2002, 20:55
I'm going back at sep. 1st :(
actually "back" isn't the right word, since I'm starting high school this year (we start high school on 10th grade in here).

I really don't wanna go "back"....I want to wake up at 12 pm and do shopping every day with my friends :D
...but on the other hand, we got lots of holidays on september so I'll study for like 13 days in sep.

Solaris
26th Aug 2002, 21:04
entering school the 5th..

I dont want to go..i have an Admissions exam to take..and then i ahve to do this and that..

How i missed school:rolleyes:

Who ever thought of the idea of school..and why did they choose too wake us up so early???

http://www.videogame.it/emoticons/images6/comeandgetsome.gif They shall pay..HAHAHAHAHA!!

cowboy from hell
26th Aug 2002, 21:48
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
naaaaa... I gratuaded from school this summer!! :) weeee
All I gotta do right now is to take care of my daughter!! :)

anyway... have fun ;)

A mother's job is one of the most admirable in the world:)

the last frustration
26th Aug 2002, 22:20
TLF's going back on the 11th... this year she'll be doing her GCSE's... *dies*

Prelude
26th Aug 2002, 22:21
Originally posted by cowboy from hell

A mother's job is one of the most admirable in the world:)

Man, that's beautiful http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sprachlos/sprachlos026.gif

TombRaiderChik
26th Aug 2002, 23:42
ehhh...all that shyt for geometry sounds kinda hard!! :( I HATE MATH.

Aquarius
27th Aug 2002, 02:02
@TLF: What exactly is GCSE? :confused:

@TombRaiderChik: It all seems kind of hard at first, but like I said, after maybe two weeks, it doesn't seem too hard. You eventually pick up on what you're doing, and it makes sense.

TombRaiderChik
27th Aug 2002, 02:58
well thanks for the advice aquarius :)

the last frustration
27th Aug 2002, 19:44
Originally posted by Aquarius
@TLF: What exactly is GCSE? :confused:

Exams that basically determine your entire future, and you have to devote the entire year to studying for them because the actual exam only counts for like 30% of your mark... :rolleyes:

LeeO
27th Aug 2002, 20:22
Originally posted by the last frustration
TLF's going back on the 11th... this year she'll be doing her GCSE's... *dies*

Me too... *groans*...

I hate school I hate school I hate school I hate school... and I'm in top classes! I hate school even more than the kids in lower classes... I hate school I hate school...

Jade
27th Aug 2002, 22:56
i'm gonna do IB this year:( and i'm pretty worried about it... esp maths! i'm gonna take a higher level than last year, ( I HAD TO CATCH UP MY MATH IN MY SUMMER HOLIDAY!:mad: :mad: :mad: talk about a nightmare...) have school next monday and are running extremely behind on my catching up-work, i still have to do 2 chapters in less than a week! (plus i have to go to the dentist, which i absolutely fear!!! (got a really bad case of 'dentist-phobia',)) so that's my biggest concern, so IF i survive that, i'm gonna dedicate my last couple of days of freedom to... maths...

...wish me luck:(

Aquarius
28th Aug 2002, 20:52
Originally posted by the last frustration
Exams that basically determine your entire future, and you have to devote the entire year to studying for them because the actual exam only counts for like 30% of your mark... :rolleyes:

We have something sort of like that in the US. The A.C.T's. Basically, how well you do on these determine whether or not you go to a decent college or university. I have to take that in the Spring. Woohoo..... I'll probably be taking the PSAT's this fall, so there's another 'fun' exam. Oh yeah, and then there's the MEAP tests toward the end of the school year. Wow, I guess Junior year really does suck the most. lol :p

nelly'sgirl
29th Aug 2002, 02:10
Well lucky for me i just started Junior High on Monday I had no idea where to go or anything....LOL... Well now i dont even have to look at my scedual LOL well Have fun in school everyone K

TombRaiderChik
29th Aug 2002, 02:27
haha wait till u start highschool! then u reeallly wont know where to go! :p

Aquarius
30th Aug 2002, 03:34
Somehow, my HS managed to win the football game tonight. lol That's not to say that they're bad, just that they haven't played so well in recent years. lol :p Hey it's good though! They beat one the of higher ranked teams in the Big 9. :D

the last frustration
30th Aug 2002, 14:53
Originally posted by Aquarius
We have something sort of like that in the US. The A.C.T's. Basically, how well you do on these determine whether or not you go to a decent college or university. I have to take that in the Spring. Woohoo..... I'll probably be taking the PSAT's this fall, so there's another 'fun' exam. Oh yeah, and then there's the MEAP tests toward the end of the school year. Wow, I guess Junior year really does suck the most. lol :p

Heheh, well, at least we don't have to take that many tests... but we do have to spend virtually every waking moment for two years studying for something like 20 papers, which you have to do twice (one is a copy of the exam from a previous year, for practice, the other is the real thing), and the results determine if you get into university/a good job... but of course, if you want to go to university or get a good job, you need to do your AS level exams.

Which is the same torture as GCSE all over again, except twice as hard. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

Aquarius
30th Aug 2002, 16:01
I think I have to take another exam next year too, kind of like what you have to do. The SAT's. I really have no idea what it is, but I think it's more vital towards colleges and universities, than the ACT's are.