PDA

View Full Version : How to install TG patch?

Nightwalker
26th Aug 2002, 03:11
I have TG so I've never had to install the patch myself. I've been asked several times how to go about installing it and I can't answer. The FAQ here doesn't tell you what to do with it once you've got it downloaded. Do you just unzip it into your TDP?

Tin Star
26th Aug 2002, 04:57
Are you sure the patch you want is for thief gold?I don't recall there being a patch for it.I know there is one for the dark project and the metal age but I don't think there was one for thief gold.

Tin Star

Peter_Smith
26th Aug 2002, 06:05
As I think you know, there is no game patch for thief Gold. Gold is the end of the line for Thief 1. There are some custom add-ons, as I recall, that are available at The Circle, I think. I have never used those.

I am guessing that you want to patch Thief TDP to play Gold FMs. I mentioned a couple of ways to do this in my thread on Thief FM's, how to download and play, which can be found in our FAQ page (A thread by GM references this in each forum section). One of them involves inserting a file convict.osm into the Thief 1 program folder. I forget the other way. I think The Circle has all that, too.

Nightwalker
26th Aug 2002, 12:00
Yes, the patch I was referring to is the one that you use on TDP to play TG FMs. It just doesn't have specific instructions anywhere on what you do with the patch after you download it to install it, though, and I don't have a copy of TDP to try it with. (I gave mine away to my nephew.)

Tin Star
26th Aug 2002, 14:28
Its been about 3yrs. since I done it but I think I just downloaded the patch to the dark project folder and it installed its self.I may be wrong but like I said its been 3yrs.

Tin Star

SlyFoxx
26th Aug 2002, 15:04
I use TDP Platinum....My convict.osm Is here.

C:/Thief/convict.osm Right in the main thief folder. Don't remember if it comes zipped but it's not zipped right now.

Hope this helps.

THEthief
26th Aug 2002, 15:25
Originally posted by SlyFoxx
I use TDP Platinum....

On an entirely off-topic note, what is the difference between TDP and TDP Platinum? And what's the difference between TDP Platinum, and TG. :confused:

LeatherMan
26th Aug 2002, 16:55
Thief Platinum is a re-release of Thief-The Dark Project (unpatched too).

Thief Gold is an updated version of Thief-The Dark Project with (among other things) 3 additional missions which breaks the search for the talismans into 3 missions instead of 1.

theBlackman
26th Aug 2002, 17:25
Originally posted by LeatherMan
Thief Platinum is a re-release of Thief-The Dark Project (unpatched too).

My Platinum is the PATCHED TDP version.

LeatherMan
26th Aug 2002, 18:12
Originally posted by theBlackman
My Platinum is the PATCHED TDP version. Ahh, so I was wrong. :o I thought I had read somewhere that it was unpatched.
Version 1.33 patch

Add support for EAX audio for Thief - the Dark Project.

Important note: This patch is not for the "Platinum Edition" of Thief or Thief Gold. If you have either of these products, you have the latest version available.

Thief Platinum is a re-release of Thief-The Dark Project, patched. ;)

Zaccheus
27th Aug 2002, 13:01
Well, www.stikboy.org is off line at the moment, so I couldn't download the patch to have a look.

I suspect that the gold patch is just a zip file that you unzip into your thief folder.

Nightwalker
27th Aug 2002, 14:52
Thanks, guys. I got a very detailed answer from a friend at TTLG, so it's been added to our FAQ there (on the FM forum) for anyone who needs it. There is also a link there to the patch. You can get it at Cheap Mission Downloads, now, here: http://thief.math.uh.edu/patches/ It's the tgpatch_basic at the bottom of the page. :)