PDA

View Full Version : What's the policy on backordered ON SALE games?

garc4475
14th Dec 2012, 06:34
Hi, recently purchased Deus Ex from the 50% off sale. I got an E-mail this morning. My order has been put on backorder.

My question is

Will I be charged the $19.99/ half off price?
Or the $39.99/regular price?

I'm not really clear on that and would appreciate a response.

Thank you.

rayman42003
14th Dec 2012, 23:33
I would like to know about this as well. My invoice has the sale price of $9.99 for each of the products I ordered, but the catalog information provided at the top of the email has it at $19.99 for each.

Taedoc
15th Dec 2012, 23:40
I would like an answer to this as well and is there a time limit to how long it usually takes to get new games in?

member_10229662
17th Dec 2012, 13:05
I would like an answer, too. On my invoice and the Digital River order page, the games I purchased show up as 9.99 each. On the backorder notification, they show up as $19.99 on top, but $9.99 on the bottom. That's extremely confusing.

Will someone please answer this? I need to know if I should cancel my order or not.

Taedoc
18th Dec 2012, 12:31
i just called digital river and they couldnt tell when and if they were going to get anymore (UGGG why can't SE just handle these things themselves!!!) anyways I Just cancelled my order even though i really wanted the games... good luck guys

thefreelancer2501
20th Dec 2012, 01:16
Like everyone else, I'd really like an answer to this very question but it doesn't look like anyone's too quick to tell us. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

memoryoverflow
20th Dec 2012, 09:34
Please provide an answer to this question ASAP or i will be canceling my order. Thank you.

memoryoverflow
20th Dec 2012, 12:08
Ok i have just read through the terms of sale and have copied the points that pertain to this question.. Needless to say i will be canceling my order...

2.3 An order submitted by you constitutes an offer by you to us to purchase Products or Services on these Terms and is subject to our subsequent acceptance.

2.4 Prior to such acceptance, an automatic e-mail acknowledgement of your order may be generated. Please note that any such automatic acknowledgement does not constitute a formal acceptance of your order.

2.5 Our acceptance of your order takes effect and the contract concluded at the point where such offer is expressly accepted by us dispatching your order/commencing Services and accepting your credit card or other payment ("Acceptance").

4. PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT (NOTE: WE CANNOT CONFIRM PRICES PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER)

4.1 Prices payable for Products or Services are those in effect at the time of dispatch or delivery, unless otherwise expressly agreed. Prices may be indicated on the Site or an order acknowledgement but the authoritative price in the event of any discrepancy, is the price that is notified to you on our Acceptance.

4.2 We have the right at any time prior to our Acceptance to withdraw any discount and/or to revise prices to take into account increases in costs including (without limitation) costs of any materials, carriage, labor or the increase or imposition of any tax, duty or other levy and any variation in exchange rates. We also reserve the right to notify you of any mistakes in Product descriptions or errors in pricing prior to product dispatch. In such event if you choose to continue with fulfillment of the order, you acknowledge that the Product or Service will be provided in accordance with such revised description or corrected price.

GodofGambler1978
21st Dec 2012, 15:02
Yeah, not going to take chances. Not worth it.

aznboiray
21st Dec 2012, 15:18
Ok i have just read through the terms of sale and have copied the points that pertain to this question.. Needless to say i will be canceling my order...

2.3 An order submitted by you constitutes an offer by you to us to purchase Products or Services on these Terms and is subject to our subsequent acceptance.

2.4 Prior to such acceptance, an automatic e-mail acknowledgement of your order may be generated. Please note that any such automatic acknowledgement does not constitute a formal acceptance of your order.

2.5 Our acceptance of your order takes effect and the contract concluded at the point where such offer is expressly accepted by us dispatching your order/commencing Services and accepting your credit card or other payment ("Acceptance").

4. PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT (NOTE: WE CANNOT CONFIRM PRICES PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER)

4.1 Prices payable for Products or Services are those in effect at the time of dispatch or delivery, unless otherwise expressly agreed. Prices may be indicated on the Site or an order acknowledgement but the authoritative price in the event of any discrepancy, is the price that is notified to you on our Acceptance.

4.2 We have the right at any time prior to our Acceptance to withdraw any discount and/or to revise prices to take into account increases in costs including (without limitation) costs of any materials, carriage, labor or the increase or imposition of any tax, duty or other levy and any variation in exchange rates. We also reserve the right to notify you of any mistakes in Product descriptions or errors in pricing prior to product dispatch. In such event if you choose to continue with fulfillment of the order, you acknowledge that the Product or Service will be provided in accordance with such revised description or corrected price.

thanks going taking the time to find the answer. saved me a lot of trouble

member_10655209
21st Dec 2012, 17:27
Hmm, if these terms are real, then they are illigal. Because by Federal law, they cannot charge more than the agreed upon amount at the point of sale, wich is NOIT their acceptence, of the order, but the SUBMISSION of the order.

thefreelancer2501
22nd Dec 2012, 20:50
Thanks for the help, James. I won't take my chances either.

Xyphox
28th Dec 2012, 21:47
I ordered a bunch of out of stock games and the invoice I got showed the sale prices. I would love for them to charge the full price when they ship. I'll just send my credit card company the invoice as proof that they overcharged, and they'll cancel the charges. Then I get the games for free.

GodofGambler1978
28th Dec 2012, 21:57
Customer service is so clueless. As expected, copy and paste reply. Mainly due to payment center and customer service aren't in the same company.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:28 PM

To:

Subject: Square Enix online store - - Backorder ()

Dear,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately the product that you ordered is currently out of stock. Although we do not have an estimated arrival date, we are working to obtain more stock as soon as possible.

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped and you will be notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge your card until the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

We apologize for the inconvenience, Unfortunately we can not access the

link that you have provided.

Sincerely,

Ernesto A.

Square Enix online store

Customer Service

webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com (mailto:webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com)

Email ID: 24698548

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

A shopper has emailed customer service with a request. The following

reasons were selected for the contact, and the specified email address

was given for contact.

Selected Reasons: OrderQuestion - Error

Shopper Email:

Shopper Comments: A lot of us want to know about backordered items. So

if we placed an order and the item is backordered, will we get charged

full price or the sales price?

Will I be charged the $19.99/ half off price?

Or the $39.99/regular price?

Jashan
11th Jan 2013, 13:24
Hmm, if these terms are real, then they are illigal. Because by Federal law, they cannot charge more than the agreed upon amount at the point of sale, wich is NOIT their acceptence, of the order, but the SUBMISSION of the order.

Yes but they can refuse to fill the order and not charge you at all.

Ordered FF13 1 -2 on the 18th they still havnt shiped.. this is getting to be a bit much.

ThoughtlessConcept
11th Jan 2013, 13:33
This may sound like a wierd question, but how do you cancle orders, this site seems to have been arranged by someone from a back alley.

Jashan
12th Jan 2013, 14:37
This may sound like a wierd question, but how do you cancle orders, this site seems to have been arranged by someone from a back alley.

If you have your order number from the email you can track it and then get rid of it once your looking at the order itself.

member_10825346
16th Jan 2013, 10:46
This likely won't help anybody here anymore, seeing that most orders will have been shipped or cancelled, but just for your information: I ordered a game during the 50% off sale that was on back-order, and it indeed kept the sale cost. It was sent AFTER the promotion ended, but it still charged the promotion price. Hopefully this helps with future worries.

Jashan
16th Jan 2013, 17:59
Yeah, but its been a month and I still havnt even had the product ship. Im starting to worry that sqare just isnt going to bother. I guess if they never fill my order and i cancle they still win when i pay more elesware.

whitetrashshayno
31st Jan 2013, 22:44
YOU WILL BE CHARGED 39.99. YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A SNOTTY ****ING EMAIL SAYING IT'S DIGITAL RIVERS FAULT CALL THEM. WHEN YOU CALL THEM THEY WILL SAY IT'S SQUARE ENIX'S FAULT AND EVEN THOUGH IT'S PRE ORDERD YOU CANNOT RECEIVE A REFUND BECAUSE THE PACKAGE IS PROCESSED.*HMMM SOUNDS ****ING IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT?*

**** SQUARE ENIX.

Xyphox
1st Feb 2013, 10:32
My order still hasn't been shipped. Anyone else still waiting?

member_10198150
15th May 2013, 18:43
I know this is an old topic, but this info is relevant, and important, so I'm going to post anyway. My order just shipped yesterday, from the winter sale, for the discounted amount during the sale. It took 6 months, but at least I'm going to get my games finally. Hopefully this info helps anyone who's order has not shipped.