PDA

View Full Version : Problem in Main Menu

tchi2002
25th Aug 2002, 20:56
Hey guys, i'm a newbie here and i've just installed Startopia. the problem is, when i start the game the startopia logo appears, and so does the cursor, but the main menu (the square that appears in the middle, surrounded by the space) is blank. i've also tried to click inside this blank square, and sometimes it goes to a smaller square (but also blank), and when i click inside it, the game quits. how can i make the menu show up? Thanks a lot

tiggifish87
25th Aug 2002, 22:24
Perhaps you could inlude your machine spec to aid those with a technical mind who might be able to help (i'm not one of them!)

Oh and make sure u have the latest patch for the game and the latest drivers for your graphics card and mobo etc....

Thats all I have I'm afraid, but stay calm and people more helpful than me will be here soon.(dont give up)!!!

tchi2002
26th Aug 2002, 01:36
well, my machine spec is crap, but here it goes:
Pentium MMX 233Mhz
32Mb RAM
4Mb Video
SVGA Monitor
2GB HD
See? crappy, huh? (hehehehehe)
I keep getting the Ram Warning (that i shouldn't run the game with less than 64Mb), but my point is: if the loading screen and the logo appeared, and the menu functions are working, only the menu icons are not showing up. so it mustn't be spec problem, don't you think so? well, again, if somebody has the solution or anything that would help, please type your mind. Thanks

Arctic_Wolf
26th Aug 2002, 05:46
Actualy it is a spec problem. You need an 8MB Video card to run this game's graphics. The main menu is actualy a huge scuzzer using the in-game graphics.

You should have looked at the requirments when you bought the game. Anyway, i suggest you upgrade your P.C fast! I recomend the new Dell 2.5Ghz P.C for only £899. You don't have to be a Rocket scientist to see that its a realy great deal.

Mucky Foot
26th Aug 2002, 09:22
tchi2002: Yep, your machine isn't good enough to play the game - sorry. Not sure what's up with the menu, but even if it did work and you did get into the game, then 32Mb of RAM is far too little. 64Mb is just about possible, but not at all nice, and very slow. I recommend at least 128Mb, and at least a 500MHz CPU, and at least 8Mb of video card. Anything less and you're not going to have any sort of fun time at all, sorry.

TomF - Muckyfoot coder.

MunkeeChum
26th Aug 2002, 10:22
Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
I recomend the new Dell 2.5Ghz P.C for only £899. You don't have to be a Rocket scientist to see that its a realy great deal.

It is good, but one problem, it only comes with a 16Mb video card...

You can upgrade it from the site however, but if you are going to buy a new PC i really do suggest looking around for the best deal. Its not always the brands that give the best offers.

kool_kats_rule
29th Aug 2002, 13:59
I had that exact problem with my old computer. I didn't have much of a graphics card though. I ended up getting a whole new computer

Hand-E-Food
20th Sep 2002, 03:46
You often need to replace more of the computer if you do a major upgrade to graphics or sound. I bought a GForce 2/400 MX for my K6-2/350MHz and it tapped so much processor time that 3D games slowed down with what was a state of the art graphics card.