PDA

View Full Version : will we ever see chrono games or ff tactics on xbla?

member_10214601
13th Dec 2012, 00:57
seriously, you have them on everything else. when can I throw more money at you guys. I have chrono trigger for snes, psx, psn, ds, even a snes rom on my pc. I have chrono cross on my psx as well. I need them on my 360 as well because I spend 90% of my gaming time on that console due to IRL friends. Seriously, they are still fun and addictive to this day. FF Tactics as well, pref war of the lions /drool

Jackstin
13th Dec 2012, 16:35
It would be difficult. It can be emulated on PS3, but for XBLA it would need to be completely re-ported.

The time and money spent doing that could definitely be spent better elsewhere, and the market for people who will buy Chrono Cross but wont buy it on PS3 would be ridiculously small.

I personally think SE games should be as multiplatform as possible.

theshadowmaster
5th Mar 2013, 21:14
Who needs the XBox anyway? Microsoft doesn't belong on the gaming market.

If anything, they should be available on the Playstation Network and/or Nintendo eShop.

It still boggles my mind to this day how Microsoft, a software development company that's in it entirely for the money, managed to enter and thrive in the gaming market.

destruction7
5th Mar 2013, 22:06
Sorry, But they seem not to be interest on make remakes of any Final Fantasy tactics especially if were for Xbox 360 since Japan hates this console it almost impossible.

But most important :Japanese money worth many more than anyone else in rpgs market.

SALTYDOGMK1979
6th Mar 2013, 11:51
I would buy Crono Trigger if it came to XBLA in a heart beat. I wish Microsoft could get more classic games on there system. I am a big fan of classic rpgs from the days of snes and ps1. This generation has been seriously weak when it came to rpgs and they could use some classics on there.

moooka
7th Mar 2013, 03:44
Xbox? Not exactly the best platform for such type of games, but considering they ported Chrono Trigger to nearly every active platform, they could do the same for XBLA.

destruction7
7th Mar 2013, 04:35
Only things that xbox 360 japan have almost always is shooters, they do should do more rpgs always i don´t know why? everytime time xbox 360 have a rpg doesn´t matter quality someone buy!.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 14:59
I would buy both if they did decide to bring them over.

WorstBirthdayEver
18th Mar 2013, 15:33
It still boggles my mind to this day how Microsoft, a software development company that's in it entirely for the money, managed to enter and thrive in the gaming market.

Sony is just as guilty as Microsoft when they released the PS1 and Sony thrived off of one single Square title. But I get the feeling you probably dislike Microsoft for less obvious reasons. Even Sony's reputation wasn't flawless in the past decade.

destruction7
18th Mar 2013, 16:15
http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-money-mouth.gifhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-money-mouth.gifhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-money-mouth.gifhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-money-mouth.gif even fantasy worlds on Xbox 360 have rules!

shawn.carlson.5686
23rd Mar 2013, 09:23

If anything, they should be available on the Playstation Network and/or Nintendo eShop.

Instead of making the ecact same game (graphics & Audio) a Remake would be MUCH better. Follow the exact same storylines and script so the new generation of gamers can experience the Amazing stories of Chrono trigger & Chrono cross.

Keeping the same scrolling concept and RPG style with enhanced graphics. (NOT SEQUELS)

There was an attempt a few years back at making a Chrono trigger sequel (Chrono resurection) It looked llike it was going to be good it had some nice graphics and seemed like it was going to eventually be published but the big flaw in what I seen was the fact that at the very begining of the game Crono had a visible warp gate in his kitchen...

I still think that Square should have looked into it MUCH more than they had/have and they should never have shut them down the way they did. but resurrection would not have boomed the way a reconstruction of the originals would. In fact. I haven't wanted to buy a PS3 because as much as I'm a final fantasy fan (owning 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.2,13,13.2, 7 Dirge of Cerburus, Tactics, Crystal chronicles, Crystal chronicles echos of time, Crystal chronicles ring of fates, and Crystal Defenders) I still refuse to buy a PS3 (personal reasons including but not limited to reverse compatability issues) BUT... If Square release both new games (together in a box set or seperate). I would go as soon as it was released and Buy a PS3 Just to play them. (I'd still rather have them for 360).

Sweenix
23rd Mar 2013, 09:35
get a ps3

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 09:59

Instead of making the ecact same game (graphics & Audio) a Remake would be MUCH better. Follow the exact same storylines and script so the new generation of gamers can experience the Amazing stories of Chrono trigger & Chrono cross.

Keeping the same scrolling concept and RPG style with enhanced graphics. (NOT SEQUELS)

There was an attempt a few years back at making a Chrono trigger sequel (Chrono resurection) It looked llike it was going to be good it had some nice graphics and seemed like it was going to eventually be published but the big flaw in what I seen was the fact that at the very begining of the game Crono had a visible warp gate in his kitchen...

I still think that Square should have looked into it MUCH more than they had/have and they should never have shut them down the way they did. but resurrection would not have boomed the way a reconstruction of the originals would. In fact. I haven't wanted to buy a PS3 because as much as I'm a final fantasy fan (owning 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.2,13,13.2, 7 Dirge of Cerburus, Tactics, Crystal chronicles, Crystal chronicles echos of time, Crystal chronicles ring of fates, and Crystal Defenders) I still refuse to buy a PS3 (personal reasons including but not limited to reverse compatability issues) BUT... If Square release both new games (together in a box set or seperate). I would go as soon as it was released and Buy a PS3 Just to play them. (I'd still rather have them for 360).

No remakes.

After i see Wii u getting deus ex human

The only reason why Chrono cross on´t come for xbox is because Microsoft is not interested!.