PDA

View Full Version : Raz/Kain Combo in SR3????

Robertus_Aurelius
23rd Aug 2002, 17:55
How would everyone feel about the possiblity of being able to use both Kain and Razael as playable characters in SR3??? Maybe because Raz is so weak he will only be able to do things in the spirit world while Kain would take care of the objectives in the physical; at least until Raz gains his strength back.

Naja
23rd Aug 2002, 18:16
I think it would be cool to do that, though highly unlikely (in my opinion). I am interested in seeing Kain to the full extent of his powers, whereas they've only shown us his little electricity dealy - which I felt was a pain in the @$$ (you're an inch away from hitting him, but noooo, he goes off and electricutes you and laughs about it!). But, anyways, I think that's an interesting idea; it was a nice change of pace for me when I played games like that (VHD).

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 18:36
I don't want to see it until after the series has been ended. (Following SR3 and BO3).

I think it will take away from the storyline and what the series was founded on.

I am up in the air about a "Chronicles" type game at this point as well. It may be cool to then have 2 playable characters along with maybe a Vorador-based section and/or Janos-based section. But this is just to keep it going...I most certainly don't want a repeat of the TR series as it seems to be grasping at straws lately. :rolleyes:

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 18:53
ObRE:CVSLoKGCom - I'd rather just play seperate games that have the two characters. I really don't care for games that make you switch characters partway through - that was part of the reason I ended up not liking Shogo very much back in the day, I wanted to JUST play the mech parts, not the ones where you're outside of it.

The Amazing Rando
23rd Aug 2002, 19:56
I really don't want to see this happen. I also don't like games that have done this. I checked out Abe's Exxodus or whatever on the Xbox and thought it sucked for just that reason. Granted I'm not a big fan of the Oddworld series, but still. It seems to me that this topic has been brought up quite a bit lately, why is that?

on a side note: I've never heard of Shojo but blinc just remeinded me of Blaster Master. lol That was a great game imo.

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 20:00
Haha, yeah, good comparison. Shogo was an anime-style mech game made by Monolith about four or five years ago. The mech stuff was pretty cool, but it was only every other level. In-between it were ones where you were on foot, and totally weak. I actually felt the same way about Blaster Master - I loved the vehicle parts, but hated the on-foot ones, so I never got past the first 1/3 of the game or so. That was partly due to the lame limited continues though.

Jeffers
23rd Aug 2002, 22:03
I defintaly would not like to see this happen. :mad:

I like the interaction between the characters, as it is a major part of the story but I definatly wouldn't like to play both of them in the same game.

Jeffers

The Amazing Rando
23rd Aug 2002, 22:53
Originally posted by blincoln
I actually felt the same way about Blaster Master - I loved the vehicle parts, but hated the on-foot ones, so I never got past the first 1/3 of the game or so. That was partly due to the lame limited continues though.

I've finally beaten the game with some help. They really did need to give you more continues. *mumbles damn that f'n crab. I'll show them, I'll show them all.*

If you can keep your gun powered up at least half way, you're set to go. The last boss is insane tho. My friend took over that for part of the battle. I found the secret about staying in the corner, but he can rapid fire those grenades faster than anything I've ever seen. (Seriously, he can press a button as fast or faster than a turbo controller-at least the ones I've seen.)

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 23:43
Originally posted by The Amazing Rando
I really don't want to see this happen. I also don't like games that have done this. I checked out Abe's Exxodus or whatever on the Xbox and thought it sucked for just that reason. Granted I'm not a big fan of the Oddworld series, but still. It seems to me that this topic has been brought up quite a bit lately, why is that?

on a side note: I've never heard of Shojo but blinc just remeinded me of Blaster Master. lol That was a great game imo.

The game you were thinking of is Oddworld: Munch's Oddsee. I haven't played it yet, but I enjoyed the rest of the Abe saga.

Lady Kreliana
23rd Aug 2002, 23:56
It might sound good on paper, but when implemented into the game, I think it'd be awful. Switching characters works for some games, but I doubt it'd work for the Soul Reaver/Blood Omen series.

Vamperic
24th Aug 2002, 16:05
Nah forget having a switching game.

After Blood Omen 3 And Soul Raver 3 they should make two more games.

One based around Janos and the winged Race (maybe during or before thier battle with the Hylden).

And the second should be all about Vorador, you know you start out human and then Janos turns you and you start your life as a vampire.

Now that would be kewl.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
26th Aug 2002, 05:35
Oddly enough, I was thinking about this very idea not too long ago.

I was thinking, Raziel, after he gets intertwined with the physical Reaver, perhaps forced into it by the enemy. Kain must wield the Soul Reaver one last time and face the enemy in what would become Nosgoth's fate. Sorry for the melodramatic words, but LoK is cluttered with them.

Edit: If not in the same game as SR3, maybe then Raziel dying in it is the end of the SR series, and Kain picking the Reaver up is the beginning of BO3 or 4 even.

Baby_drew
12th Sep 2002, 15:23
Acutally......I kinda like the idea :-D

Preacher
12th Sep 2002, 15:32
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

The game you were thinking of is Oddworld: Munch's Oddsee. I haven't played it yet, but I enjoyed the rest of the Abe saga.

This was the first game I bought along with the X-Box, I wasn't disappointed, but it didn't feel like I got my money's worth either. The character switching thing was good, but you had to do it too frequently where it wasn't always obvious.

To stay on topic, I like the idea of playing between Raz and Kain. But only if the whole game is the length of two games. I don't want to play half a game with 2 characters!

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 15:35
Originally posted by Preacher

This was the first game I bought along with the X-Box, I wasn't disappointed, but it didn't feel like I got my money's worth either. The character switching thing was good, but you had to do it too frequently where it wasn't always obvious.

To stay on topic, I like the idea of playing between Raz and Kain. But only if the whole game is the length of two games. I don't want to play half a game with 2 characters!

Thanks for the insight on Munch's Oddsee. By the time I pick it up, it will drop in price (I don't have an XBox yet) so I won't feel too cheated if I am disappointed.

Preacher
12th Sep 2002, 16:31
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen

Thanks for the insight on Munch's Oddsee. By the time I pick it up, it will drop in price (I don't have an XBox yet) so I won't feel too cheated if I am disappointed.

No prob. But whatever you do, don't get "Shrek"!

*throws up*

Awwwwww, man...

*throws up again*

That's one crap game...

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 16:34
I'll pencil that into my little reminder book. :p

Preacher
12th Sep 2002, 17:01
Pencil in what? That I threw up or that Shrek sucks?

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 17:13
That Shrek sucks.