PDA

View Full Version : FM Question : Equilibrium

clayman
22nd Aug 2002, 23:19
I've totally forgotten what to do with the glyphs/talismans. I have read and studiously copied all the stuff from the eight books. I went to the air talisman area first, and took each one individually and frobbed it on the pedestal in the "this becomes that" format and nothing. What am I forgetting ? I have the formula from all the books but I just don't understand it.

RicknMel
23rd Aug 2002, 00:25
Hi Clayman
Long time, no chat :)

You need to take the correct talisman from each area.....and put it in the correct "recepticle" near the large "4 slide door" where the escape elevator is. ;)

Good Luck!

Vanguard
23rd Aug 2002, 01:03
Actually, from what I recall, you need to place the talisman on a pedestal that will BECOME the correct talisman. I think they change when used, and the texts somehow denote what each talisman will become.

clayman
23rd Aug 2002, 01:41
Need more info. Do I take the air talisman(which one ?) into the central glyph chamber on the second floor ? Or do I exchange it at the pedestal in the air chamber area first then do something in the main glyph chamber ? Then repeat for the other three ?

From Vanguard's post, do I just need to take the last talisman in the puzzle chain that "becomes" the real talisman and frob it into the nearby pedestal, then take it to the main chamber where the elevators are ?

This FM is fun in drunk mode......:D

Peter_Smith
23rd Aug 2002, 02:02
Nightwalker explained it to Danventry in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3739&highlight=Equilibrium). I don't have time to look it up, but I think that the type of talisman to be picked up in each location has something to do with the next in sequence aspect of the puzzle.

SlyFoxx
23rd Aug 2002, 03:31
I forget the correct ones you use. To solve the puzzle you look at the symbols by the gate and you use the next talisman according to the books.

sparke becomes fire....

like that.

SilentSleep
23rd Aug 2002, 11:17
Originally posted by clayman
From Vanguard's post, do I just need to take the last talisman in the puzzle chain that "becomes" the real talisman and frob it into the nearby pedestal, then take it to the main chamber where the elevators are ?

The pedestal beside the altar doesn't do anything except destroy the corresponding glyph in your inventory. It's there in case you make a mistake frobbing your glyph and don't want to trudge to the central chamber to get rid of it. I'm not sure if that's mentioned in the mission, but you're hearing it now. ;) You can take the glyph straight to the main chamber if it's the right one.

clayman
23rd Aug 2002, 13:07
Thanks everyone, especially the author chiming in. I'm sure I'll figure it out now. :)

As a side note, this time through, either because of selective memory or because I've replaced my PC/video card since the last tiem I played this mission....the renegade Keepers are almost impossible to see unless you are very close. I heard them more than saw them this time. Very creepy, my 8 and 3 year old were terrified, sitting on either side of me, babbling continuously about around which corner they thought they saw one of them go......was that a door that closed downstairs?......I thought I saw one by the bookcase...etc. I enjoyed their reaction to what was going on as much as the actual mission. My 3 year old said the music was too scary and he wanted to turn the volume off.....NO! :D I remember having a little trouble spotting them before, but nothing like this. This is definitely one of the best. This and Errand Boy are the two best Thief 2 FM's, so far chronologically. No other FM up to this point had as much a "sense of place" perfectly conceived. Thumbs up, SilentSleep ! :)

And I now have swallowed my pride and like forgetting how to do things and asking for help, it improves FM replay value significantly. ;)