PDA

View Full Version : For Mr. Daniel Cabuco

Vampira
22nd Aug 2002, 19:23
Dear Mr. Cabuco,

"I waz wondering if the possibility of making the glyphz from SR1 are if at all possible, {the onez I had made for the fan~art section at Nosgoth.net}. I mostly wonder this because I have nearly or over 50 individuial replyz from people saying that they should be mass produced. I have gone az far az contacting a local metal~worker within my city, he haz aggreed to help me with them, but I would like to know if at all it'z legal by the company for me to do such a project. I would really apprectiate a reply on thiz matter. Thanx for your time."

Vampira

Contact address: monalisa_1313@hotmail.com

blincoln
22nd Aug 2002, 21:04
I can't give you the official answer, since I don't work for CrystalD, but in the past they've said that making fan art was okay unless you made money off of it. So I would assume you could have them made, but you couldn't sell them.

KainPainter
27th Aug 2002, 18:08
Vampira,

Hmm.. I think BLincoln is right on that one. I'll look into it more thoroughly though. Seems like if you're making it for a few fans it wouldn't be a big deal. Heh, I may hit you up for them too!
I'll get back to you soon...:D

Daniel

PS whatabout a Raz or Kain clan symbol? Hmmm...

Uggabugg
27th Aug 2002, 19:03
are you the main artist on the soul reaver team? havent been here in a vile.
i just wanna ask a qestion if you dont mind.
how come raziel lost all hees clothes when he fell into the abyss?
just wondering.

blincoln
27th Aug 2002, 20:34
Because he looks cooler if you can see his post-abyss body =).

Umah Bloodomen
27th Aug 2002, 23:15
Originally posted by blincoln
Because he looks cooler if you can see his post-abyss body =).
And plus it gets us women all hot and bothered. :p (I still like Kain more though :p ;) ).

Lady Kreliana
28th Aug 2002, 02:07
Sadly, Umah, you're right in some cases. (Not mine though.)

blincoln
28th Aug 2002, 07:47
I don't think I'll ever understand females of any species =F.

Lady Kreliana
28th Aug 2002, 15:12
You and just about every other guy, blinc. ;D

blincoln
28th Aug 2002, 15:52
Yes, I suppose that is so. You ladies have it easy, guys are pretty predictable.

Uggabugg
28th Aug 2002, 18:33
yeah what is that. my ex used to hint at me for ages but when i dint understan she got pissed and made me even moore concused. i always wondered why she couldnt tell me what it was al about rigth away...man ill never understand them :confused:

warpsavant
28th Aug 2002, 18:37
You guys are gonna scare Daniel away!

blincoln
28th Aug 2002, 19:18
Haha.

Well, Vampira is trying to post a reply but is apparently running into trouble.

Lady Kreliana
29th Aug 2002, 02:31
One problem women have is that we assume too much. We assume men know what we want and we assume that they pick up on our hints. Alas, they rarely do. :D

blincoln
29th Aug 2002, 04:06
My understanding was that females (human, cat, etc.) implemented a system based on the role of a Dungeons and Dragons DM.
"Sweetheart, it looks like you've failed your saving throw against picking up on subtle clues. Now you must guess why I am upset, and for every round that you fail, I will add 1d10 to my anger rating..."
My cat does the same thing, only with her it involves her rolling 1d100 to figure out what kind of trouble she is going to insist on getting into, and then again to determine for how many minutes.
Now guys, on the other hand, are basically like Pavlov's dog - just produce the appropriate stimulus, and the same response is virtually guaranteed each time.

=)

Anubis_Orr
29th Aug 2002, 07:03
First we state that girls require time and money
Girls = Time * Money
And we all know that "time is money"
Time = Money
Therefore
Girls = Money * Money = (Money)^2
And because "money is the root of all evil"
Money = (Evil)
Therefore
Girls = (Evil)^2
And we are forced to conclude that
Girls = Evil

Umah Bloodomen is an excellent example of this.. All girls are EVIL bloodsucking fiends ;)

j/k :)

blincoln
29th Aug 2002, 07:41
Now now, Umah isn't evil, she's just naughty.

Rook: I know you deleted your post, but my answer to your question would be "they're more fun to spend time with."

Rook
29th Aug 2002, 07:57
Kinda seemed goofy when I posted it, so I yanked it back off of there. But thanks anyway, Blinc! :D ;)

Lady Kreliana
29th Aug 2002, 14:54
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
Girls = Time * Money
Time = Money
Therefore
Money = (Evil)
Therefore
Girls = (Evil)^2
Girls = Evil

Umah Bloodomen is an excellent example of this.. All girls are EVIL bloodsucking fiends ;)

Hmmm........judging by this, I'm guessing how often you date. :P (jk!)

Umah Bloodomen
29th Aug 2002, 19:20
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
Girls = Time * Money
Time = Money
Therefore
Money = (Evil)
Therefore
Girls = (Evil)^2
Girls = Evil

I am a good example of a golddigger? :confused: You know I practically more than double the salary of each of my boyfriends over the last 6 years. Contrary to popular belief, some of us can do very well without the wallet of a man.

Originally posted by Blincoln
Now now, Umah isn't evil, she's just naughty.

Damn skippy.... ;) :D :p

Originally posted by Kreliana
Hmmm........judging by this, I'm guessing how often you date. :P (jk!)

LOL!!! Well, Anubis got himself scratched off my list... :p ;) (jk)

Anubis_Orr
29th Aug 2002, 19:36
I never said you were a gold-digger, I said you were a bloodsucking fiend :) (you're not after money, just blood and blood is life, and I'm kiddin') :)

And that little formula was not something I made up (nor is it my opnion of women), just remembered seeing it once and I thought it would be funny to post :)

AND I've had a girlfriend for the last 3 years :) so :p

Umah Bloodomen
29th Aug 2002, 19:41
I know what you meant, I was giving you a hard time. :p

I found your little formula quite funny.

It's alright about your girlfriend, I think Blinc would get jealous of you and I anyway. :p ;)

And I've had a boyfriend for 2 1/2 years so :p back.

KainPainter
29th Aug 2002, 20:51
I am so off this thread...;)

Umah Bloodomen
29th Aug 2002, 20:54
Originally posted by KainPainter
I am so off this thread...;)

We still love ya though.... ;)

I do agree with a statement you made earlier about the Kain symbol. (It's my favorite and will be my next tattoo). :p

KainPainter
29th Aug 2002, 21:37
In that case, I'll wait until you get the tattoo... then change the symbol! haha..ha ha.. Okay so it's an old joke for Blincoln. Glad you like the symbol, I was thinking about making it a sticker for my car window. :cool:

blincoln
29th Aug 2002, 23:02
Hahah. Like I said, I've still got the other arm =). There's something about that symbol that is just *so* cool, though. I think it's because it looks like so many things - a bat, fire, bones, a crown, and so forth.

Anubis_Orr
30th Aug 2002, 00:08
Sarafan symbol

Umah Bloodomen
30th Aug 2002, 00:19
I don't really get the "crown" out of it, but alright. :p

blincoln
30th Aug 2002, 00:25
It's an evil, spikey crown =).

Umah Bloodomen
30th Aug 2002, 00:33
What?!? Is that like finding Jesus or something?!? :p

KainPainter
30th Aug 2002, 01:35
I designed old Kain to be a reflection of many apects. One was that he is sees himself as a 'Dark God' and that revealed itself as a crown. That's what the deal is with his bony forhead and ears. (Hey you be arrogant for a milennea and see what it does to your skin!)
And its reflected in his Symbol, as blincoln says: bat, crown, thorn, etc... I had to consider all that into it when we were designing the symbols. Oooh deeeeeep.. Now I'm gonna change it into Green clovers.. or maybe a purple horshoe.. pink heart..?

Lady Kreliana
30th Aug 2002, 01:39
If I may ask, what was the inspiration for the creation of Kain and his lieutenant's symbols? I've never really seen anything like them. :)

Umah Bloodomen
30th Aug 2002, 01:40
Originally posted by KainPainter
I designed old Kain to be a reflection of many apects. One was that he is sees himself as a 'Dark God' and that revealed itself as a crown. That's what the deal is with his bony forhead and ears. (Hey you be arrogant for a milennea and see what it does to your skin!)
And its reflected in his Symbol, as blincoln says: bat, crown, thorn, etc... I had to consider all that into it when we were designing the symbols. Oooh deeeeeep.. Now I'm gonna change it into Green clovers.. or maybe a purple horshoe.. pink heart..?

Okay but you may have legal issues from General Mills for infringing upon their Lucky Charms patent. :p

It makes a lot of sense with the way you designed it. I find that it stands out a lot more than the other clan symbols.

**now if I could just get my hands on Umah's symbol (her tattoo)*** :p

KainPainter
30th Aug 2002, 01:57
Lady Kreliana,

Well each one is a somewhat abstract representation of their owner. You can see it more obviously in some, less in others. (consider Rahab's vs Dumah's)

I think Blincoln is going to publish a special secret on Raziel's symbol. After it was designed, I used it to form the base of PreFallen Raz's wings. Abstract enough for you? heh.. But Also, Raziel's symbol was designed to be reversible (upside-downable?) so when he becomes Fallen Raz, the symbol looks kinda like tears coming down..

One of the Kain drawings I did that was released to the internet has Kain with Raziel's symbol on it. *D'oh!* That was when we only had Raz's symbol designed and I thought everyone was using just that one... Ah well.. it's correct now. heh heh *THANK GOD BLUE BOX got it right on the toy!!*

Umah, If I draw it right, GM will never know it's a 'Lucky Charm'! Muahahahahaa 'Soulreaverize it!'

Anubis_Orr
30th Aug 2002, 02:01
Hey KainPainter was it your idea to have Kain wearing Vorador's ring as an earring or were you told to add it?

Lady Kreliana
30th Aug 2002, 02:07
Now that you mention it, I can see how they represent their owners. Very cool.

Thanks for the speedy reply. :)

KainPainter
30th Aug 2002, 02:14
Anubis,

yeah, that was my idea. I wanted to tie Kain back into BO1 somehow and I drew his model sheet with Vorador's ring. Amy liked the idea and we moved forward with it. It beat Kain in the Chaos Armor Boxer Shorts idea. (mmm Chaos boxers)

Daniel

PS I'm always amazed at LOK/SR fans for noticing the little touches we put in it. You guys rule:D

Lady Kreliana
30th Aug 2002, 02:24
I think it's awesome that you guys take the time to add these extra little touches.

warpsavant
30th Aug 2002, 02:27
Whats the secret?

Anubis_Orr
30th Aug 2002, 02:59
KainPainter did you work on BO2 too?

blincoln
30th Aug 2002, 04:51
Oooh, secrets =).

I've been meaning to put that (and a few other things) up on my site for awhile now, but I've been getting headaches from work so I can't concentrate on HTML when I get home. This is a three-day weekend though, so I should have them up by the end of it.
It's a really cool secret too. I never would have guessed otherwise.

- Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can. Sometimes in an Umah, never in a Warpsavant -

KainPainter
30th Aug 2002, 04:52
Anubis,

no, I didn't have an opportunity to work on BO2... I did do some work on the new Buffy game out for Xbox though.. does that count?

WarpSavant
that was the secret... about the wings.:rolleyes: Okay so it's not a huuuge secret.. When Blincoln puts it on his website you can check out what I mean. (Or if we ever do an 'Art of SR' book)

Anubis_Orr
30th Aug 2002, 05:31
Ah, was just wondering because of the huge difference in appearance and style that Kain has....

warpsavant
30th Aug 2002, 17:32
Ok OK Ill be patient, this time....

Isnt there an inverted Razielim symbol in the SR2 "enemies" section?

Vampmaster
30th Aug 2002, 21:14
In the sarafan stronghold, there's statues fixed to some of the walls. (Some of the sarafan had small fake wings attacked to their armour and the symbol is on their flags.) They have wings, but the bottom half of them is like a sword. (Maybe the stronghold used to belong to the antients.) Kains symbol looks sort of the same as the sarafans one, except with bats wings and a skull. It's kind of out of proportion like a big head character. Could this be sort of a mockery of the sarafan/history by Kain. Also winged characters that are part sword is a lot like Raz too.

(Warp, Razafan might have had one on his armour like the others did.)

warpsavant
31st Aug 2002, 04:15
Actuallly I think the symbol is on what was thought to be a vampire hunter.

Okay, I just looked and there is certainly some dood with what is an upside down Raziel clan symbol on his chest. It's after the in game shot of the big red demon in the mountains. He has a spike in his hand. And the guy is painted but you cant see the symbol in the painted picture only the drawing.

Edit: Maybe it's right side up? What is right side up!?! Like it is on the cover of the SR1 manual. It really does look like tears now that Im staring at it.

Vampmaster
31st Aug 2002, 12:57
When it's the right way up it kind of looks like a question mark. (I know there's nothing significant about that. I just said so Warp knew which way is the right way up.)

Uggabugg
31st Aug 2002, 21:24
i always thougth the symbol looked like a heart...

KainPainter
1st Sep 2002, 06:20
:confused: Vampmaster..."Kains symbol looks sort of the same as the sarafans one, except with bats wings and a skull. It's kind of out of proportion like a big head character. "
eeeeeeeehhhhhhh?! Are you speaking of the base of the Soul Reaver/Blood Reaver blade? 'Cause I really don't get that out of Kain's Clan symbol. But there are many interpretations for them, and all are in the eye of the beholder. (ink blot test anyone?) Far be it for me to nail down the wings of someone's interpretation.
Gorechild sees a heart, I might see decepticons... ;)
Warpsavant, could you post a picture of what you saw?

blincoln
1st Sep 2002, 08:47
Decepticons! Of course! I should have realized... I used to have the Decepticon logo on a poster in my living room, and my Kain banner in my bed room. I just never put them next to each other =).

Addition: oh yeah, I think Vampmaster means the symbol that's on the Sarafan pikes in SR2.

Vampmaster
1st Sep 2002, 13:03
I guess it depends on the angle you look at it. It looked a bit like how I said on the flags in SR1, but not on someones sig where it's just an outline and enlarged, it's easier to tell how it looks.

warpsavant
1st Sep 2002, 20:17
I have PS2 I can't take screen shots. :(

But in the "Bonus Material" on the SR2 disc is concept art of the "Enemies", and I assume these particular pics must be concept drawings of Razafan since the one clearly has the Raziel Symbol on his chest.

This pic is totally cool by the way, looks really spooky, even scare a vampire! Eveyone should check it out. I'm not too sure people can take screens of the bonus stuff, but if some1 can please post the pic. Thanks.

I bet Amy has the picture on her machine thing. ;) Ask her Dan!

Autobots and Decepticons Decepticons??

blincoln
1st Sep 2002, 20:19
I'm going to see if I can grab the concept art from the PS2 version using the video capture feature on my new card. If it works I'll post it here.

warpsavant
1st Sep 2002, 20:23
Even if you cant take em, let us know what you think is on his chest. Its like Lord Butterfly, can never be too sure until you see them side by side. But I'd put my money on Razafan.

Umah Bloodomen
1st Sep 2002, 21:08
"More than meets the eye"

:p

blincoln
1st Sep 2002, 23:13
Warp: I definitely think it's Raziel's symbol.

Umah: I wish Rhino would hurry up and release the rest of the series on DVD. I want to see the death and return of Optimus Prime! =)

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 00:15
Optimus Prime rocks!

I was also kind of partial to Starscream and Bumblebee. :p

blincoln
2nd Sep 2002, 03:53
I just can't get enough of that "The Touch" song they used in the movie and the later episodes.

=F

Anubis_Orr
2nd Sep 2002, 04:10
I like the "Nothing's Going to Stand in Our Way"

But what really surprised is that when I was watching the movie a while ago (after not seeing it for a couple years) is that they swear! Had to rewind to make sure that I heard correctly LOL

blincoln
2nd Sep 2002, 06:37
Yeah, there's **two** curses in the theatrical and DVD versions, and one on the videotape.
I like how the movie has a decent amount of other high quality voice actors (Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron, for example) in addition to Michael Bell and Peter Cullen.

warpsavant
2nd Sep 2002, 17:55
I remember seeing the Transformers in the movie theatre and when Optimus cursed we were like OoooOOooOooooOoOO

I wonder how Megatron and Kain would gt along?

So I guess that guy with the symbol on his chest must be Razafan! I wonder if thats one of Kain Painter's drawings?

garbagefanuk
2nd Sep 2002, 18:19
KICK ASS!!! I have a transformers T-shirt on right now :D its the deceptacons badge all purpley :p i have a question cos its been like 10 years since i watched transformers. Whats the name of the good guys besides transformers. the bad guys are deceptacons. what are the good guys called again?

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Sep 2002, 19:45
Autobots.

garbagefanuk
2nd Sep 2002, 20:31
mint! cheers

Azrael
2nd Sep 2002, 22:22
Originally posted by warpsavant
I have PS2 I can't take screen shots. :(

But in the "Bonus Material" on the SR2 disc is concept art of the "Enemies", and I assume these particular pics must be concept drawings of Razafan since the one clearly has the Raziel Symbol on his chest.

This pic is totally cool by the way, looks really spooky, even scare a vampire! Eveyone should check it out. I'm not too sure people can take screens of the bonus stuff, but if some1 can please post the pic. Thanks.

I bet Amy has the picture on her machine thing. ;) Ask her Dan!

Autobots and Decepticons Decepticons??

Ok here's the pic of the Razafan (http://clientes.netvisao.pt/azra/pics/sarafan_razsymb.jpg) w/the symbols, but the quality isn't very good because my Digital camera is a bit screwed up.. :rolleyes:

And Transformers RULEZ!!!

blincoln
2nd Sep 2002, 22:25
I think it's impossible to take a decent picture of a TV with a digital camera. That's why all of the SR2 concept art on my site looks like crap =). I'm trying to get this video capture thing working but it's not cooperating. I'll try some more stuff and see what happens.

blincoln
3rd Sep 2002, 00:26
Well, it turns out my problems were due to the crappy capture software that came with my video card. I *have the power* now =).

KainPainter
3rd Sep 2002, 03:28
Hey I was kidding about the decepticons thing! Well, I DID watch a lot of TF when I was a kid.. maybe it influenced me. (You should see all the transformer toys we have around the office! I keep trying to steal John D's Devastator.. he keeps catching me though)
I tried not to be too much of a fanboy myself when I met Michael. (We got a pic together in the extras) I wish I had photocopied the drawing I gave him of Raz, you guys'd die of laughter.
BTW I didn't do the sarafan drawing.. And its concept art, so its not really supposed to have Raziel's Vampire Clan symbol on it.
Daniel
(Sideswipe was my fav autobot.. Devastator my decep)

warpsavant
3rd Sep 2002, 03:37
I still have Devastator and the box. :p He's all these little construction trucks. I'll SoulReaverize him and give him the SoulReaver that came with Kain.