PDA

View Full Version : I just had a FANTASTIC idea ... Lara ROCKS!!!!

Godfather
22nd Aug 2002, 18:24
I was just listening to Europe's superb "The Final Countdown" and I just got myself a great idea. It's possible that I have already asked you this question, but ... wouldn't it be cool to have some great rocksongs implemented in the next Tomb Raider-game.

For example: when Lara Croft is chasing a bad guy with her Jeep or with another fast car, she could be listening to Dire Straits' "Money for nothing" or Billy Idol's "Speed"?

But it's gotta be WITHOUT any singing ... just the guitar crashing & smashing while she's doing the greatest movements!! :cool:

Or when she's fighting or running or in any other kind of action scene ... wouldn't it be cool to have an actual great rocksong in it ... to upgrade the atmosphere and make Tomb Raider even greater than it already is?

What do you think of this?

LARAMANIAC
22nd Aug 2002, 20:15
As a massive rock fan myself, I too have often thought some classic rock songs would be very suitable for Tombraider!!!! Such as Ozzy's Crazy Train for sequences involving high-speed vehicles. Eddie Van Halen's guitar talent could surely be put to some Tombraider use too!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

THE True Lara
22nd Aug 2002, 20:29
sorry, I'm still s******ing over the percentage of people who have voted for the last option... :)

GoranAgar
22nd Aug 2002, 20:35
Originally posted by THE True Lara
sorry, I'm still s******ing over the percentage of people who have voted for the last option... :)
Yes, that is a lot, eh? Do you think he will get the message?

GoranAgar
22nd Aug 2002, 20:48
BTW "Europe's superb 'The Final Countdown'"? http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/drunk.gif

Prelude
22nd Aug 2002, 21:42
ROTFLMAO!!!!http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif GoranAgar this is classic, HFCIT!! http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/ruinkai/laughergif.gif still laughing.

Godfather
22nd Aug 2002, 22:53
Originally posted by GoranAgar
BTW "Europe's superb 'The Final Countdown'"? http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/drunk.gif

Yeah, you don't like it? Pity, it's still good after all those years.

Godfather
22nd Aug 2002, 22:55

Yes, that is a lot, eh? Do you think he will get the message?

I didn't even know there were so many members on this forum. :)
Great joke, GoranAger!! :D No matter what; even if the joke is on me!

Hey: at least almost everybody at this forum (about 99%) likes me very much and thinks I'm a great guy. Not a total loss after all, wouldn't you say Goran? ;)

jso2897
23rd Aug 2002, 00:06
Well, you made it a trick question.

DaveJ
23rd Aug 2002, 08:58
I, too, couldn't make it past that first sentence ...the one containing the words "Europe" "Countdown" "Superb" and "Final".

Is this some bizarre alternate universe I have stumbled into?

GoranAgar
23rd Aug 2002, 10:08
Originally posted by Godfather
Hey: at least almost everybody at this forum (about 99%) likes me very much and thinks I'm a great guy. Not a total loss after all, wouldn't you say Goran? ;)
;)

Godfather
23rd Aug 2002, 12:20
Originally posted by DaveJ
I, too, couldn't make it past that first sentence ...the one containing the words "Europe" "Countdown" "Superb" and "Final".

Is this some bizarre alternate universe I have stumbled into?

I should have seen this one coming from you, DaveJ! :D

Err ... well ... gosh, you guys! I know that this song may sound a little dusty right now, but it was one of the biggest rock-hits of the '80s! Don't tell me you hated it back then on the date of its release ... you probably all danced on it with you girlfriend(s)! :)

DaveJ
23rd Aug 2002, 12:23
No... I was cool back then, too.

Godfather
23rd Aug 2002, 12:31
Originally posted by DaveJ
No... I was cool back then, too.

:D Hmmm, are you sure? Are you sure you weren't one of those funny-dressed hype-dancers crazy about 'The New Kids on The Block' doing all kinds of crazy things whilst dancing in front of your girlfriend? You can really tell me, DaveJ! I won't tell anyone ... and I won't laugh. :D ;)

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/travesmilies/smilie_tanz.gif

jk (= just kiddin')

JohnnyZ
23rd Aug 2002, 12:57
what is the point of having polls if we can never be sure if they are accurate? i think it's wrong the mods can alter the numbers!! what is the point!! we will never know if they are accurate for sure now! i mean dont ge me wrong!! i thinks it's hilrious! on this occasion but i think it's wrong that these polls are not secured and can be changed at the drop of a hat without anyone knowing, it's just wrong

GoranAgar
23rd Aug 2002, 16:35
Usually no polls are changed. This is the second time I changed the result of a poll. I always made it very clear that I did. And I did it to make certain things a little clearer to some people. So you can trust any of the other really important polls around here.

If anyone is interested in this poll, I added 2468 to the last option. So the result stays the same, wouldn't you agree, JohnnyZ?

Prelude
23rd Aug 2002, 16:53
Usually no polls are changed. This is the second time I changed the result of a poll.

Oh really so what about the poll that banned post counts then mmm. Interesting.

(No I haven't let that one go yet, and I probably never will!!!! :D )

DaveJ
23rd Aug 2002, 17:29
Post counts bad.
Polls evil.
Cherry Bakewells good.

DanO-mulder
24th Aug 2002, 18:04
I'm sorry...and maybe this is cruel.....But just the word "Godfather" has ruined my all time favorite movie forever.:mad:
I'll never be able to look at the title the same way again.....;)

Solaris
24th Aug 2002, 20:43
I think the new theme song for Lara is "Breaking the Law":D

Nice Poll Godfather;)

thanhkim
25th Aug 2002, 00:55
Godfather your a classic and a very likeable folk. You have interesting polls! I say keep classic TR music!

whitemetal
25th Aug 2002, 10:37
Originally posted by mulder
I'm sorry...and maybe this is cruel.....But just the word "Godfather" has ruined my all time favorite movie forever.:mad:
I'll never be able to look at the title the same way again.....;)

He's not the "Godfather", he's just a very naughty boy!:D

Godfather
25th Aug 2002, 18:37
Originally posted by White Metal

He's not the "Godfather", he's just a very naughty boy!:D

I am both and ... damn! I kinda hoped you were going to add to that:"he's just a very naughty boy. Go to my room!" (providing you are a lady, of course!) :D :D ;)

Godfather
25th Aug 2002, 18:39
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian
I think the new theme song for Lara is "Breaking the Law":D

Nice Poll Godfather;)

Thank you! :)

Originally posted by Thanhkim
Godfather your a classic and a very likeable folk. You have interesting polls! I say keep classic TR music!

... and thank you! :D

Solaris
25th Aug 2002, 20:34
Maybe we should start the first annual Poll awards?:p ;) :D

Prelude
26th Aug 2002, 01:34
:eek: Did somebody say Cherry Bakewells!!!! :eek: