PDA

View Full Version : Totally enjoyed "Curse of the Ancients"

Speedy[143]
20th Aug 2002, 02:57
I had a major concern before entering the cave to the tombs.... I had found all but one of the translations and was worried I'd need it to complete the mission... can someone clear it up for me please?

There were 5 translations according to the book... I found all but the one Riley was suppose to have in the church library... I spent a good deal of time trying to find Riley.. never could.. let alone the scroll.. luckily I was able to complete the mission without but I'm curious to know who Riley was and what the final translation said.. I did find the library but there never was anyone in there the 10 million times I checked it out heh

Great mission.... took me 1 hr. 47 mins. got 2729/3044 in loot... it's a dark mission but the ambiance was perfect for the storyline... I loved the puzzles and will play it again!!!!:D

Thanks Kozmala;)

On to The Order of the Vine... this one looks like it's going to be GOOD!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

Nightwalker
20th Aug 2002, 12:25
Curse is one of my favourite missions, too. It's great fun to play. As for Riley, he's the ghost in the library. To get the scroll you have to threaten him with your sword. Then he runs over, opens the safe and disappears. It's quite funny actually. :)

You'll absolutely LOVE Order of the Vine. It's a terrific mansion mission that's very well set up. I've played it so many times, I can just close my eyes and walk through most of it! :D

Speedy[143]
20th Aug 2002, 18:27
I don't remember there ever being a ghost in the church library... there was one on the opposite side on the second floor.... could that be my Riely???(playing on hard)... kill him and he does something reminiscent from the movie "Poltergeist" cracked me up heheheheh... oh BTW just remembered something else curious... there's a pressure plate in that area as well... just inside the door in the room with the locked box.. I thought it might trigger something important for me to find so I put his head and torso on it so I could look around but all I noticed were SPOOKY ambiant sounds... could that pressure plate be the trigger the author put in there for the ghost to "do-his-poltergeist-thing?":confused:

Yeah a really fun mission to play... I had a blast loading and reloading in one tomb just before I shot a holywater arrow at the talismand (can't remember which tomb it was now) the main guard that appears to protect it does something different everytime depending on how you react:D FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

heh Order of the Vine is proving to be a VERY challenging mission so far.. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

Kosmala
27th Aug 2002, 18:58
Makes it all worthwhile.

Yeah, the pressure plate is for the poltergeist thing, door slamming and voice.

Peter_Smith
28th Aug 2002, 02:38
Glad to see you stop by, Kosmala.:) I liked it a lot, too. I have played it twice - once more than usual, as I still have lots of FM's left to play. Completed with all loot and zero damage. Lots of different areas, lots of fun in each area. Great mission.:)