PDA

View Full Version : Thorup's bored but this is for Doc

Mack the Knife
19th Aug 2002, 20:20
hey doc or longfellow or longshot, whatever you're called now :D the robin hood (http://www.robinhood-game.com/) site just launched. now i know he's interested in this game because he (like xcom and me) are desperados fans and this game is similar. so, since thorup says it's boring here we can discuss how these games compare with our stud game commados. i just said that to stay on topic and not get closed down but i really posted this to let doc know and to promote the game cuz i think it looks cool. this thread should also heat up cuz i know yak won't play a game where the main character wears tights!!!

Xcom
19th Aug 2002, 20:30
Hey, thx for posting. Looking good so far.

Longshot
19th Aug 2002, 21:30
I've already posted the news on my site this past Friday when the site came online. I try and keep as up to date on both Desperados and Robin Hood and post any new news on my site ASAP, but thanks anyways.

The site does look good and I can't wait for a demo to come out so we can all give it a go and see how good it is.

I've already registered for the fan-site kit just to see what's in it.

I don't think comparing games that are similar is far to the creator of the two games or the games itself they are there strickly for enjoyment, and when people try to say one is better than it other it takes away from some peoples enjoyment of the two games.

Both Commandos and Desperados are both high on the top of my all time favorite games of all time and hopefully Robin Hood will gain its place up there when it comes out too. :)

EDIT: I find it kinda funny when some people refer to me as Doc...its a part of my sites name, a character in Desperados and is short for Doctor, but oh well...

Mike_B
20th Aug 2002, 08:25
You guys might be interested in this recent interview (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=8336) :)

Mike_B
28th Aug 2002, 16:12
I've read here (http://games.telenet.be/index.php?newsid=2671) that Robin Hood will probably be released next month(!) along with the demo.

Mack the Knife
28th Aug 2002, 17:09
thanks m! we can now see how boring this forum is getting. even the moderators are moving off topic! see you moderators! you won't let us yell and scream and kick and scratch at one another and as a result you have no business :D

BTW, i can't read that chicken scratch so the only word i understood at that site was demo. they give any dates for the game release and/or demo?

Mike_B
28th Aug 2002, 18:02
Originally posted by Mack the Knife
BTW, i can't read that chicken scratch so the only word i understood at that site was demo. they give any dates for the game release and/or demo?

It's called Dutch :D No relase date yet, only that we can expect Robing Hood to be in stores next month and that the demo will also come out then.

Mack the Knife
28th Aug 2002, 18:46
hmmm, more of your borders touch france and germany than the netherlands, how come you speak dutch, aka chicken scratch? :D

we
ah ha, you waiting on it too?

Longshot
28th Aug 2002, 20:02
My understanding is that the full game is due out in November of 2002. That could be the North American release date but the people on the Spellbound forum are saying the same thing and most of them are German...so I would doubt it will come out in September.

As for the demo I emailed my contact at Spellbound about 2 weeks ago and he confirmed that the demo was complete and that it will be release sometime in September. I've read that it may be out as soon as 9th of Stepember. Guess well have to wait and see.

Mack the Knife
28th Aug 2002, 20:40
thanks doc...and since you're more up on this than most of us, can you please post here when you hear of a demo download? @m and i will each chip in $5 toward your favorite charity if you do :D

1shot1kill
28th Aug 2002, 21:21
hmmm, more of your borders touch france and germany than the netherlands, how come you speak dutch

Because Belgium used to be the south of Holland and the North of France.

Longshot
28th Aug 2002, 22:33
thanks doc...and since you're more up on this than most of us, can you please post here when you hear of a demo download?

Sure will do.

Mike_B
29th Aug 2002, 08:10
hmmm, more of your borders touch france and germany than the netherlands, how come you speak dutch, aka chicken scratch? :D

ah ha, you waiting on it too?

Belgium is divided in three language parts :rolleyes: I live in Flemish-speaking Belgium, then you also have the Walloon provinces in Belgium (a sort of French) and like 100 000 people who speak German.

Yes I'm waiting for the demo to what it's gonna be like.

Mack the Knife
29th Aug 2002, 19:51
Ik ben Engel. Ik spreek geen Nederland, Ik woon in US

:D

1shot1kill
29th Aug 2002, 23:17
Add some S's and you'll do fine. :p

Mack the Knife
30th Aug 2002, 22:19
so who cares if i post this since this forum is so damn boring?

here's (http://actionvault.ign.com/features/interviews/robinhood.shtml) a link to some info on robin hood and it's not written in chicken scratch :D

iakovos
31st Aug 2002, 11:14
Shouldn't this be moved to the Commandos Community Chat forum? It's not C2 related.

Iakovos:)

Xcom
31st Aug 2002, 15:24
Originally posted by iakovos
Shouldn't this be moved to the Commandos Community Chat forum? It's not C2 related.

It probably should. The only problem is .. Mack doesn't visit Community Chat. :p

1shot1kill
31st Aug 2002, 16:39

Like most other topics in this part of the forum.

Mack the Knife
1st Sep 2002, 02:14
It's not C2 related
sigh...and this forum is hopping huh? that's why this unreleated topic has been on top for oh, what? about a week? take a kryo pill with those grape leaves brother and don't let the fact that you post here about once a month bother ya :D...geez, you'd think these alleged educated people would worry about more significant things...

Mike_B
1st Sep 2002, 12:03
14 new screenshots (http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?screens=10328).

Mack the Knife
1st Sep 2002, 14:20
an ureleated thanks to you m for being in an unrelated mood when you posted those unrelated screens....take it unrelated easy my friend.

Mike_B
1st Sep 2002, 15:23
take it unrelated easy my friend.

Will do.

You know what I find bad about the game so far is the exclamation marks as shown here (http://actionvault.ign.com/features/interviews/images/robinhood/screen01.jpg), it just doesn't fit in imo.

Mack the Knife
1st Sep 2002, 17:40
saw that and what i'm hoping is those will be short lived. meaning they'll apppear to indicate something then go away. so, i imagine the exclamations are a result of the bad guys seeing a battle going on so you're alerted that more bad guys notice you. they'll appear for a short period then go away. notice no other screens have them so i don't think they stay there. but then again, i'm only guessing as we all do when talking about an unrelated game... :D

Longshot
1st Sep 2002, 21:52
Yeah I think we can do without the exclamation marks, so hopefully there is a feature to turn them off, but I think it is to show that these guys have seen or heard something and are going to investigate.

From what I've read there's a officer or something like that, that sends his men into battle one some of the other die off, so that your don't get overloaded with enemies all at once and well die.

The latest on the demo is that some people are saying that it won't be released until October sometime. :( guess we'll have to wait and see.

iakovos
2nd Sep 2002, 22:17

sigh...and this forum is hopping huh? that's why this unreleated topic has been on top for oh, what? about a week? take a kryo pill with those grape leaves brother and don't let the fact that you post here about once a month bother ya :D...geez, you'd think these alleged educated people would worry about more significant things...

Being on top for a week or more than a week does not mean that this should be HERE. Wake up and smell the roses, noisy head... and I do not post here about once a month, Mack, you of all people should know about that!! :D :p

In this forum the most significant thing is to move this topic where IT BELONGS!
So do us a favour and click the link on the Community Chat!
Come on, you'll lose a callory or two by doing so...

Mack the Knife
2nd Sep 2002, 22:36
butthead
what the ***** was the point of that? i didn't call you names and i was simply pointing out that THE MAIN FORUM is a little low on activity and i didn't see the harm in discussing other items with the regulars. if you don't like it go do your smelly laundry and leave us alone...

iakovos
2nd Sep 2002, 22:47
Well, it seemed like a direct attack to me, Mack!

Been away for some time does not give you the right to criticize me, saying that I post rarely. Let me remind you that I have been here longer than others and you SHOULD know that. It's not so easy to quit these forums, after being here for more than 3 years.

What's the point NOW of having an Off topic forum in the Commandos series forums while we keep talking about other stuff in the real Commandos forums? It's not my job, but I hate to see the mods re-locate other topics but still have the tolerance to have this one still here. I do not say that I don't like it, it's not my job anyway (twice...grrr) but what's the right thing here? To keep talking about Robin Hood in the Commandos forums??

And your laundry smells... not mine... I use Omo :D

Iakovos;)

Mack the Knife
2nd Sep 2002, 23:09
you can't be serious? me saying you don't post much you take as an attack? do you have your english to greek dictionary upside down or something? geez, grow up...several of us were having a nice friendly chat until you stuck your nose in. you made this topic unfit to be here bucko, not me...go be immature somewhere else.

1shot1kill
2nd Sep 2002, 23:32
Ehm, can't we all be friends and go ahead. Although i think there are at least 2 topics taht have gone so off-topic that they should be moved it's no reason to start calling names. Also we got our own off-topic forum now and don't have to share it with tombraider and thief community people so why won't we be happy commando players and use it? :D

Xcom
3rd Sep 2002, 00:05
What's the point NOW of having an Off topic forum in the Commandos series forums while we keep talking about other stuff in the real Commandos forums? It's not my job, but I hate to see the mods re-locate other topics but still have the tolerance to have this one still here. I do not say that I don't like it, it's not my job anyway (twice...grrr) but what's the right thing here? To keep talking about Robin Hood in the Commandos forums??

Since when did you become so nitpicking anyway? ( as far as I remember it was 1shot's job :D ) Personally, I saw no harm in this topic being here cuz it's about a game and this IS a gaming forum after all and I don't know why we have 3 forums instead of one (I was always for 1 forum for all policy). But since you made an issue out of this and made me feel like I am not doing my job - fine. I'll move it. Hope you'll sleep better at night now.

Mack the Knife
3rd Sep 2002, 00:34
ick before x moved the thread
http://www.nuscam.com/images/CryBaby.jpg

ick after the thread was moved
http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/abyss/img_07a1.gif

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 04:23
Originally posted by Xcom
Personally, I saw no harm in this topic being here cuz it's about a game and this IS a gaming forum after all

Ehm, this is the comment for the commandos 2 forum:

General discussion for Pyro's critically acclaimed strategy game.

Xcom
3rd Sep 2002, 15:16
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Ehm, this is the comment for the commandos 2 forum:

Basically, some common sense is required when you move a thread. I mean when off-topic threads are flooding the specific forum making more important (on-topic) threads harder to notice, then yes, I'd move them all away. But right now, this is not the case. Forum's activity has slowed down (probably till c3 is released). Everybody who asks for help in c2 forum, gets it. No thread is skipped because of off-topic "junk". Anyway, if I am to move every thread that went off track, I'd be moving practically every single one from c2 to here.

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 16:18
Yes, but the main goal of the Commandos 2 forum is helping people who got a problem in the game, if they visit it and see a list of topics that got nothing to do with the game they will either ask a question that could have been at the front page if everything would have been kept on topic or they won't even bother to post and try to find another place where they think their question might be answered. Also don't forget that this community chat is also part of the commandos community, so in that there is no difference with the Commandos 2 forum, It's still the same people from the commandos community and not fo other games.

Mack the Knife
3rd Sep 2002, 16:27
it is beyond me when there are so many things in life far more significant than FRICKIN' GAME FORUM PROTOCOL that you and ick carry on about this like two old women who have nothing in life but cats...taking this trival matter to the lengths you guys do is ridiculous. mind you, technically you are absolutely correct but to care about such matters to the extent you do is laughable.

iakovos
3rd Sep 2002, 17:11
Perhaps it has nothing to do with you Mack... I am nitpicking these days due to broken heart syndrom...anyway..
I do agree with you Mack. It is a trivial matter. That's why this topic should have been moved ages ago. And why are you so frickin' mad about keeping the FRICKIN' GAME FORUM PROTOCOL? It is an important thing as everything in here.

I am not saying that I should cry about these things... 1shot does it a whole lot better than me, Mack :D And this forum gets boring because you make it boring, Mack with unrelated topics like this one :p

The main theme in this topic is about a game called Robin Hood, right? I am not saying that I hate every other game than commandos, but, hey, Robin Hood's period has nothing to do with the period of the Second World War. Not even in things concerning tactics, armoury, fricking believes & politics. It's a whole different historical era. Why should we be obliged to see that been discussed in the Commandos forum, where the era is a whole lot different?
It just does not make any real sense.

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 17:53
it is beyond me when there are so many things in life far more significant than FRICKIN' GAME FORUM PROTOCOL that you and ick carry on about this like two old women who have nothing in life but cats...taking this trival matter to the lengths you guys do is ridiculous. mind you, technically you are absolutely correct but to care about such matters to the extent you do is laughable.

Imagine that you visit the commandos 2 forum for the first time to ask a question, you look at a few topics at the front page and the only things that you see discussed are other games like Robin Hood and about ww2 planes which is totally unrelated to the gam Commandos 2, that is why there is a community chat forum and that is what it should be used for. You might like this topic in the Comandos 2 forum but it will look confusing for the new people and will push the topics that are important for the people with questions down the list to page 10 where they will never look.

Mack the Knife
3rd Sep 2002, 18:02
well, first off i'm glad you took being called an old women with a cat so well!! :D

And this forum gets boring because you make it boring, Mack with unrelated topics like this one
and second is this. besides people posting a question that has already been answered 100 times and 1shot going "Ehm" for the 1000th time, this fourm is dullsville, dead, practically defunct. no one is in here blowing bugles and talking about commandos OR WWII. it's just a place for a few newbie questions and for old times to chat. in fact, until i posted about robin hood, days would go by before anyone posted at all. so, like x said, it's not like the topic is getting in the way. the thread was of interest to several of the other regulars so at least i had a chat with them. you coming in here nitpicking about it was totally unnecessary and dumb...

1shot1kill
3rd Sep 2002, 22:08
there were plenty of on-topic posts there, just go and take a look at the dates just as i just did, the reason people sometiems ask something that has been answered dozens of times before is because those topics are being pushed down by topics that are not even about C2 and most people don't got a clue what the search function on a forum is, by keeping everything on-topic the important stuff stays where it belongs at the first page and people don't have to ask about something that often.

iakovos
3rd Sep 2002, 22:53
well, first off i'm glad you took being called an old women with a cat so well!! :D

Bite me! :p

and second is this...this fourm is dullsville, dead, practically defunct.

Every forum has its ups and downs. You give it a final push before it goes breathing again on its own.

Rapid
20th Sep 2002, 17:17
... this fourm is dullsville, dead, practically defunct...

Yeah but it's still fun to watch Mack and 1shot push each other's buttons! :D