PDA

View Full Version : Need door to be locked on hard and expert only.

Thorin Oakenshield
18th Aug 2002, 22:09
I have a door that only needs to be locked on hard and expert.

Here's what I've done:

Door Properties:
Difficulty>Lock(unlock) and set it as 0
Engine Features>Key Dst 10, 5
Engine Features>Locked = True

The door is locked on all levels. If I remove the locked=true then it's unlocked on all levels.

Any idea's?
Thanks

Apache
18th Aug 2002, 23:56
What I'd do is create 2 doors..1 unlocked..set to be destroyed on Hard and Expert
1 locked set to be destroyed on Normal..
I never could get that darn Lock(Unlock) setting to work the way I wanted it to.

amievil?
20th Aug 2002, 21:34
i agree with apache, on hells motel 1 i created double sewer lids and which ever one was to be unlocked for a difficulty i just destroyed the locked one and left the unlocked one :D

Telliamed_
21st Aug 2002, 06:06
Engine Features\Locked = FALSE
Difficulty\Lock (Unlock) = 1,2

The door should be unlocked on difficulty 0, and locked on 1 and 2. At least, that's how it behaves for me.

Thief2 miss7.osm has scripts for locking/unlocking doors.

Type 'script_load miss7'

DoorTranslator - Use this script (on a RelayTrap with Don't Inherit = TRUE) to translate the TurnOn and TurnOff messages to Lock and Unlock respectively.

TrapDoorLock - Add this script to the door (Don't Inherit = FALSE) to have the door respond to the messages from DoorTranslator.

Link from the DoorTranslator trap to the door using ControlDevice

You can then use the Difficulty\TurnOn (TurnOff) on the DoorTranslator trap. Or link to the trap using ControlDevice to do it manually.

I'm trying to remember if any of the OMs had doors that were locked on one difficulty and unlocked on another. Miss7 used those scripts so the cameras can locked doors when alerted.

xarax
21st Aug 2002, 15:24
When setting the property "difficulty->status(un-status)", the item inside the parentheses "un-status" indicates the initial status of the object. That is, you must create the object with that exact initial status. When the game is started, the engine will process all of the "difficulty->status(un-status)" properties. If the game difficulty matches a selected difficulty, then the "un-status" is changed to "status". Otherwise, the object remains as is.

So, for "difficulty->lock(unlock)", the object must be created in the "unlock" state. When the game starts and the difficulty matches the specified difficulty, then the state is changed from "unlock" to "lock". Otherwise, the object remains as is.

For "difficulty->close(open)", the object (e.g., a door), must be created in the "open" status. That is, when you look at the "door" properties, it indicates that the door is open. When the difficulty matches, the door is automatically closed when the game starts. Otherwise, the object remains as is.

For "difficulty->Turn On (off)", the object must be created in the "off" state. When the difficulty matches, the object is turned on. Otherwise, the object remains as is. This is usually used for AnimLights, sound, or particle effects.

When the game starts and the difficulty does not match the specified property difficulty, then nothing happens to the object.

The difficulty settings are 0==normal, 1==hard, 2==expert. You can have it apply to more than one difficulty by selecting all of the applicable difficulties.

hope this helps.