PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp 2: Tank driver taken a wrong turning somewhere?

Wee Bald Man
18th Aug 2002, 19:54
In Training Camp 2, the tank doesn't seem to be appearing.

I've tied up everybody. All the Allied soldiers are alive. I've activated the radio. Got the little camera cutaway and VO saying that a tank is coming... but...

..it ain't.

I've been hanging around for ten minutes waiting for the tank to arrive. It's got to the stage where I'm so bored that I'm arranging all my tied up Germans into little floral patterns on the ground..

Any ideas.. or is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance. :)

WBM

Xcom
18th Aug 2002, 20:38
There is a so-called Invasion button (lower-right part of the screen). You must click on it.

Mack the Knife
18th Aug 2002, 20:51
this a known bug?
nope, but it's known that 9 out of 10 new players will ask about it! i didn't but i read the answer to someone else asking! :D

Wee Bald Man
19th Aug 2002, 08:42
Thanks - I'll look for this mysterious button when I get home.

Is there a FAQ anywhere which I can consult so that I don't have to ask too many newbie questions in future?

WBM

Mike_B
19th Aug 2002, 10:02
Originally posted by Wee Bald Man
Is there a FAQ anywhere which I can consult so that I don't have to ask too many newbie questions in future?

Have a look @ the sticky thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26)

Thorup
19th Aug 2002, 13:27
No ask questions, we want more posts to answer it is so boring here now anyway...

Mike_B
19th Aug 2002, 14:24
Originally posted by Thorup
No ask questions, we want more posts to answer it is so boring here now anyway...

You can't force him to ask questions :rolleyes: Besides even if those questions are asked they are answered as quickly as there posted so it would still be boring. We need another load of info on C3 or a new trailer.

Wee Bald Man
19th Aug 2002, 15:29
Originally posted by @m

Have a look @ the sticky thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26)

Thanks - that's perfect.

1shot1kill
19th Aug 2002, 19:46
*cough*manual*cough*

Twitch
21st Aug 2002, 15:22
Speaking of tanks...In Paris I've never been able to get Tread and Inferno to work the tank gun if it is supposed to work at all. Somesay it is. It is fun to sqoosh the enemy guys dilligently firing at you if you get silly, just for fun.

Mike_B
21st Aug 2002, 15:58
Originally posted by Twitch
Speaking of tanks...In Paris I've never been able to get Tread and Inferno to work the tank gun if it is supposed to work at all. Somesay it is. It is fun to sqoosh the enemy guys dilligently firing at you if you get silly, just for fun.

You need the sapper to use the gun.

1shot1kill
21st Aug 2002, 21:48
Inferno is the sapper...

DudeItsMe
22nd Aug 2002, 03:04
Jeez I never had any of these problems. Amatuers.

ragsy
22nd Aug 2002, 05:35
Originally posted by DudeItsMe
Jeez I never had any of these problems. Amatuers.

indeed :D

Mike_B
22nd Aug 2002, 08:06
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Inferno is the sapper...

I really need to read more carefully.

Have you selected the sapper & pressed ctrl ?

Twitch
22nd Aug 2002, 16:10
Yeah he can operate every gun in the game except that one for me. Back when I 1st installed C2 last year I could never get it to run without the CD in the drive though everyone said they could. After this install about a month ago it does now. Maybe if I install again Inferno wil be able to shoot the Panther gun. :)

DudeItsMe
22nd Aug 2002, 22:35
Lolz I think I use the CD. Maybe there is a patch to run it without a CD. Oh well, its not much of a change for me.

ziili
23rd Aug 2002, 19:21
if u want to use the tank in Paris, just order Tread and Inferno (driver & sapper) in the tank, then select Tread to drive it (holding down shift of course to go faster) and if u wanna shoot press Ctrl and shoot :)
and btw - anyone have a good "Is Paris Burning?" time record?
my friend did it in 10:24 and I haven't tried doing it so...
what are your records?

DudeItsMe
23rd Aug 2002, 20:59
I've never played for time. I would like to see a competition of people going for full scores in the fastest time. That would kick ass.