PDA

View Full Version : The Minigames of Final Fantasy VII

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 18:47
FINAL FANTASY VII has many different minigames scattered across the storyline for your enjoyment. A great hub of these are found in the various sections of the Gold Saucer but there are certian others you can only find elsewhere.

Examples include, but aren't limited to:

<ul>
Chocobo racing
The minigames of Wonder Square and Speed Square
The motorcycle chase
Submarine battle
Snowboarding
Battle for Fort Condor
[/list]
What were your favorite manigames in FFVII? What ones tried your patience at times? What other comments do you have about them?

tiaeltaru
2nd Jun 2012, 19:04
FINAL FANTASY VII has many different minigames scattered across the storyline for your enjoyment. A great hub of these are found in the various sections of the Gold Saucer but there are certian others you can only find elsewhere.

<ul>
Chocobo racing
The motorcycle chase
Submarine battle
Snowboarding
Battle for Fort Condor
[/list]
What were your favorite manigames in FFVII? What ones tried your patience at times? What other comments do you have about them?

I loved the chocobo breeding/racing and Fort Condor.

Chocobo one because it's so in-depth, Fort Condor because it is very RTS, better yet RPS (rock-paper-scissors)

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 19:30
For Fort Condor, I only recently found out that you actually have multiple chances to do the missions and gain prizes. But since it often requires backtracking from further ahead places, which isn't conveninet with only the Buggy, I end up waiting and only doing the last mission.

At the least, I haven't been forced to fight the Commander the "easy way".

DilsDileva
3rd Jun 2012, 08:55
The Fort Condor was probably my favorite, I generally sucked at the other ones, lolz

Automaton
3rd Jun 2012, 12:49
On the other hand, my entire family got into the chocobo racing scene: entering the races, using the stock to breed the golden chocobo, getting frustrated by Joe and Teioh in the S Class... and the times he decides to come and enter earlier classes. I think I remember seeing him in a B Class race once.

Supernova
5th Jun 2012, 11:59
I have problems with the boxe minigame , if he is like an rock-scissor-paper , why I can't beat that kind of hero in red ??

Automaton
5th Jun 2012, 12:20
The very last opponent in the Boxing minigame at Wonder Square is impossible to beat, no matter what command you give.

Supernova
5th Jun 2012, 13:12
you sure ?

doesn't make much sense

Automaton
5th Jun 2012, 13:40
I haven't been able to get that far, personally, but I've read online FAQs that state it in particular: you can only tie or lose when fighting the last (fourth) opponent in Boxing.

member_10639255
5th Jun 2012, 18:44
Chocobo catching/breeding/racing is by far my favorite minigame in this FF.

Supernova
6th Jun 2012, 12:50
snow board rocks too

Summoner
7th Jun 2012, 16:46
I enjoyed the Motorcycle and the Snowboarding events.

Grimoire
10th Jun 2012, 03:39
All in one, the &Omega; minigame * la Crisis Core: Chocoboarding

semna30.webs.com/Chocoboarding.jpg (http://semna30.webs.com/Chocoboarding.jpg)

lvl99goldchocobo
10th Jun 2012, 05:01

<ul>
Chocobo racing
The motorcycle chase
Submarine battle
Snowboarding
Battle for Fort Condor
[/list]

I thought the rollar coaster mini game was one of the most interesting in the entire game. It really helped bring the Gold Saucer to life for me.

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 12:54
I forgot about that one, yeah I liked that too!

member_10639501
21st Aug 2012, 14:49
Can anyone shoot down the zeppelin in this version?
Is there a way to slow down your aim?
It seems that the game is moving much faster than in the ps version.

AskaLangly
28th Aug 2012, 18:28
...they're still not fixed.
'Potion' as Hi-Potion, the dark box as X-Potion, etc.
Now we know it is the same translation as the previous releases.

Quadocky
29th Aug 2012, 10:14
Well they did fix some more obvious mistranslation, such as the obvious "This guy are sick!" line. (this wasn't fixed in 1998 PC version though)

Its a little known fact that the PC version in 1998 did have an improved translation over the Playstation one. I do not know where exactly though.

alanman178
23rd Sep 2012, 12:20
I don't have a gaming pc, so I don't own this version. I remember that thing being tough to shoot down. I don't know if I could do that if it's faster. That would suck. lol I'm sorry about not having an answer for ya. I just saw this topic, and it triggered a memory.

brodiek-201025
26th Dec 2012, 18:59
So playing my FF7 (2012 release) on my laptop today just casually in my chrissy hols, Trying to make a somewhat perfect save file until i hit the dreaded Parasol :c
For those unfamillier the Parasol is Aeris' unique weapon that has the most damage and can only be found in one location: Getting 5000 points on the speed square in the golden saucer.
I remember back when I was very young getting this on PS1 after sevreral hours of trying but on the PC version after getting 1980, 3150 then 3280 as my first few attempts I have already noticed that this is going to be physicly impossible, the cursor is simply way too choppy on the pc version to have any accuracy whatsoever, I have a PS3 controller plugged in and just tapping the joy stick moves it so damn awkwardly it's not funny. If I try with the keyboard arrows its just 10x worse, SquareEnix needs to fix this in my opinion as it feels so choppy and broken it's a real kick in the groin.

So to make it even remotely possible one of 3 options I would love to see, because as it stands theres no way in hell I'm getting this or Cid's wepon later on is:

1: Slow it down like you guys did with the European Version (i believe it was slowed by 20%)
2: Smooth the controls out which seems very difficult at this point.
3: Make the point requirement 3/4000 instead of 5000 - 5000 is just not possible on this version.

I know nobody of real importance will ever see this but still just wanna put it out there, it sucks because it's so broken.

samurian
6th Jun 2013, 02:25
Why is the shooting coaster so much faster? The course is at least a minute faster than I remember from the original ps version and the cursor moves way too fast. What was the reasoning behind these changes?