PDA

View Full Version : I Love, Love, Love UT But???

Hawklette
17th Aug 2002, 19:33
Oh man that UT has hooked me and I am not that good at it. Keep trying though but I am having a tough time getting used to guard weapons. Wish there were a few AI thieves to practice the guard stuff with. Anyway my first love is being a thief even if we have to take turns. Fair is fair but when I'm a thief I long for the old ways with gas arrows, gas/regular mines and finding stashes of arrows etc. I don't do to well with hand to hand. Just wishful thinking LOL!!:D :) :D

Huntress
17th Aug 2002, 19:49
However, there are certain compensations...ILO gas arrows, we do have Crack arrows...kind of similar but you almost nearly have to get them right in the face to do any real effect in delaying their reaction to allow your get-away :) There are mines...but mostly, you have to be able to disarm/pick them and then you can pickup and use againt them. Your right about not having any opportunity to practice as a Guard unless your in game...maybe that'll be fixed somehow (at least for solo-game practice?). Would be a good suggie anyway I think :) I also think there's been quite a discussion revolving around my idea of items for Thieves to replinish certain things should really be looked into by the author(s)...not just Guards having their Supply Chest (whenever it DOES show up, LOL)..although I got some insight by watching LM recently. There seems to be certain storage rooms that do have additional weaponry available for either a Guard or a Thief..Hmmmm! Didn't know this before...I knew there were a few food caches around...but not weaponry/ammo kind of thing...soooo guess we have to go a huntin' how to get there :)

So anyway, I've got to leave and get to the Post Ofc and will see you later sometime today/tonight for some more "practice" LOL Ta and Good Hunting!

Sneak
17th Aug 2002, 19:55
Hey Hawk "Lette",
Actually Guard can be fun. I didn't like it at first either because I wanted to be a Ghost Thief. And it is near impossible though stealth is good. HA! But one night I was on another server than Leathermans and it was the same trouble. No one would play Guard and we would sit and sit til someone clicked to play one. So I kept clicking Guard for myself to get things rolling. I played Guard for maybe 2 1/2 hours and it started getting fun. Takes a bit to figure out the stuff, but they have strengths.

Just try it for a while, get knocked out and gassed a bunch of times, then you will get teed off and start getting even with the thieves. Hunt 'em down and kill 'em! :D I still like thief better but Guard has some big fun moments. And as you know, the game works a lot better if we trade off so I do that to be fair.

I have been playing it a while now and I have to tell you that I am getting better but still learning. Maybe after I have played it for 4 plus years like I have Thief I will be able to Ghost you guys. Ha! :D

See ya in there! ;)

Hawklette
17th Aug 2002, 23:06
Yes, I know I will see you both there!!! I do know about the weapons cache but it is usually flashbombs and health stuff. There is only one map that actually has a water arrow. That is that I know of and none to replenish broadheads except when playing solo. You run out and you have to die. It would be nice to see a small cache of arrows around now and then. All in all I won't stop playing and maybe I will try guarding more. Thanks and see ya soon!!:D

theBlackman
17th Aug 2002, 23:57
Originally posted by Hawklette
Yes, I know I will see you both there!!! I do know about the weapons cache but it is usually flashbombs and health stuff. There is only one map that actually has a water arrow. That is that I know of and none to replenish broadheads except when playing solo. You run out and you have to die. It would be nice to see a small cache of arrows around now and then. All in all I won't stop playing and maybe I will try guarding more. Thanks and see ya soon!!:D

Like THIEF, you can pickup arrows that have been shot and not in a guard or spider. If they stick in a door or the ground or whatall, you can pick them up and reuse them, Footstep arrows, broadheads, and potions and picklocks dropped or left with bodies.

BrokenArts
18th Aug 2002, 01:25
I like it to, I just need to learn the maps, so I won't run around like a chicken with my head cut off. :rolleyes:
And play with the neato toys..........and ..........and..........:p