PDA

View Full Version : The Blood and the Reaver

Power reaver
17th Aug 2002, 10:01
Well , what do you guys think , what is that blue juice that Raz sprays around when he gets hit . According to me its not his spirit matter , why cause no matter how much he gets hit in Spectral Realm , he never sprays any juice . So the blue Juice must be from his material body , but his material body is just a shell , used to keep him in the material realm . He doesent need blood to circulate stuff around his body . So maybe then it could be the souls which he eats , in a more "digested" form . But then , he also absorbs souls in the spectral realm , why doesent he spray the juice there ?

So what do you think it is ? I really cant figure it out .

Down to the 2nd part of this post .

The Reaver .

Now why does the Reaver change color from blue to green when Raz shifts realms . A long time ago I remember somebody posting on the old forum (Iam talking way long ago , before SR2 I think [yup even before I became a member I used to surf the old forums] )
that the reavers color changed with the magic level of its host . I think it went something like this
No magic - No color (how can that be possible)
1st Level - Blue
2nd Level - Green
3rd Level - Purple
4th Level - Yellow
5th Level - Red

Now this is way old , so I dont think its very helpful , but I thought I post it . According to the table Raz drops 1 Level of Magic when he is in Material and gains 1 Level when he is in Spectral . Thus Raz is stronger in Spectral , which is quite evident as he gains health in this realm instead of lossing it . And of course Raz is a Spectral creature , its only fare if he is stronger in Spectral .

My Question is that is the color change of the Reaver due to the power change or is it just a color change due to the Spectral realms dark atmosphere ?

Thoughts ?

The Amazing Rando
17th Aug 2002, 20:03
Just to clear up one thing, the different colors you have listed there are for BO1. When Kain swings the reaver it has a different hue depending on how much magic you have left.

Power reaver
18th Aug 2002, 05:44
Thanks , I didnt know that , I thought this was a theory .

I really need to play BO1 but I am scared to get it for the PC (suppose it doesent it work , and it costs too much to not work over here , at least for me) and I cant find a PSX version which is more cheaper which would mostly work .

Naja
18th Aug 2002, 20:39
I thought those colors where of the wraith blade in SR1. Like blue is the regular one in material, green is spectral, purple is the Kain reaver, yellow is the Ariel reaver, red is the fire reaver..... or maybe it was the red and black one that was the Kain reaver, and that orange one is the fire reaver.... something like that, but to get the Kain and Ariel reavers you'd need a cheat code.

Lady Kreliana
19th Aug 2002, 00:21
I think that the juice from his body isn't really blood or anything else that can really be explained. It's its own thing. (Yes, I know I sound retarded, but that's the only way I can explain my opinion. :P)

Anubis_Orr
19th Aug 2002, 02:21
Raziel's physical form is made by his perception of his ruined body in the spectral realm after he awakens from his centuries of burning in the abyss, but a physical body does have requirements (you'll notice he's never changed from spectral to physical and not have a head :)) blood is life and that's why vampires drink it.

One analogy would be the Changelings on ST:DS9, when in physical for they are indeterminable from whatever form they assume, but if a piece gets separated it reverts to it's natural form.
And the reason it doesn't appear in spectral is because Raziel is an ethereal creature and only exists as a soul

The Amazing Rando
19th Aug 2002, 04:46
Originally posted by Naja
I thought those colors where of the wraith blade in SR1. Like blue is the regular one in material, green is spectral, purple is the Kain reaver, yellow is the Ariel reaver, red is the fire reaver..... or maybe it was the red and black one that was the Kain reaver, and that orange one is the fire reaver.... something like that, but to get the Kain and Ariel reavers you'd need a cheat code.

No, if you are talking about going by magic levels it's BO1. SR had different reavers but there were just different imbues (like SR2). There was the spectral, material, and fire. The other ones were elemental reavers or after taking in souls, but they didn't have to deal with magic levels, and the other ones besides fire were cut from the game. BO1 only had the one reaver but it consumed your magic as you used it, so it left a different colored trail when you would swing it, depending on your magic level.

Serul
19th Aug 2002, 14:01
Raziel uses his will to gain matter to form his "body" in the material realm. So those drops/flakes/whatever are pieces of matter. Think of it as being the same as ectoplasma, you know the stuff ghosts are made from. ;)

Power reaver
19th Aug 2002, 14:08
But Raz doesent drop any of his ecto stuff (And yes I luv GhostBusters ;) ) , in the Spectral Realm when he gets hit , only in the material . And if his spirit is made up of it then it should spill in the Spectral Realm .

Whats more strange is the Sluaghs have green ecto liguid spraying around when they get hit , and they definately are Spectral creatures .

Very Strange .........

Lady Kreliana
19th Aug 2002, 15:29
Like others have said, it probably is just his material body being destroyed. It makes sense to me now. I mean, if you were getting the snot beat out of you by demons, wouldn't chunks of your body fly everywhere? (Sorry for the gross description.)

Serul
19th Aug 2002, 19:57
Originally posted by Power reaver
But Raz doesent drop any of his ecto stuff (And yes I luv GhostBusters ;) ) , in the Spectral Realm when he gets hit , only in the material . And if his spirit is made up of it then it should spill in the Spectral Realm.
Actually he does drop his ecto stuff, the blue stuff is flying all over the place when he gets hit in the spirit realm, I just checked it. :)
It shows in my PSX PAL version of SR1 haven't checked SR2. But if it's in SR1 then it should also be in SR2.

Vampmaster
20th Aug 2002, 21:36
I think it's blue blood like the ghosts in BO1 have, but in the spectral realm it looks green. I also think that with Raziel, since what we see of him is a manifestation of his soul, then so is his blood. His blood and his soul could be the same thing and also behave the same way as if he loses a bit of his soul it will recover.

Power reaver
21st Aug 2002, 08:29
Actually he does drop his ecto stuff, the blue stuff is flying all over the place when he gets hit in the spirit realm, I just checked it.
It shows in my PSX PAL version of SR1 haven't checked SR2. But if it's in SR1 then it should also be in SR2.

Well actually , in SR2 he doesent drop any ecto stuff in the spectral Realm like in SR . Whats more that the sluagh sprays ecto all over the Spectral Realm in SR2 , while in SR , it doesent .

Surprise Surprise eh............:rolleyes:

N0V4
21st Aug 2002, 22:07
You guys are actually complaining about that Raz doesnt drop "echo" stuff.........now this is overreacting.

Power reaver
22nd Aug 2002, 05:29
We are not complaining , we are discussing as to what that blue stuff is . The Lack of forum updates is just driving me crazy enough to discuss this .

Serul
22nd Aug 2002, 11:56
Well turns out you were right Power Reaver. He doesn't drop the stuff in SR2 spirit realm. I wouldn't think too much of it though, they (CD) probably just forgot to ad it.

N0V4
22nd Aug 2002, 14:54
You took the words right out of my mouth.

keepittrue
23rd Aug 2002, 04:37
Well , what do you guys think , what is that blue juice that Raz sprays around when he gets hit . According to me its not his spirit matter , why cause no matter how much he gets hit in Spectral Realm , he never sprays any juice . So the blue Juice must be from his material body , but his material body is just a shell , used to keep him in the material realm . He doesent need blood to circulate stuff around his body .

This is what it is bottomline.

willow
23rd Aug 2002, 07:04
Regardless... I think you may be reading into things too much... not every single detail has a meaning... just because there is a graphic of something flying off of the reaver or what have you... doesn't mean there is a reason behind it... most likely it was put in because they liked the effect... calm down... take a nap and have a cup of tea.

but then again what do I know.

Power reaver
24th Aug 2002, 04:44
Your right willow , Yawn .....

I just did that .

Now what about the Reaver part of the 1st post ?

chuffy
30th Aug 2002, 19:29

No magic - No color (how can that be possible)

no magic, no color = white

EDIT: After rereading the post saying the colors are relevent to BO1. My post is wrong. But if the reaver in SR1 if the reaver had to have no color to it, it would be white. No color in BO1 would mean no trail at all when you swing it.

chuffy

Power reaver
31st Aug 2002, 03:13
Oh yeah that never clicked to me . Anyway excellent sig chuffy .