PDA

View Full Version : White Death (Mission 3)

PJROCK
16th Aug 2002, 22:11
I can not get it to check off the "obtain explosive " task. Even though I obtain explosive with Inferno. How do I get this task done?

PJROCK

Mack the Knife
17th Aug 2002, 01:17
hmmm, in my game it says "Use the Balloon to obtain the explosives". it just says "obtain explosive" in yours?

DudeItsMe
17th Aug 2002, 03:59
Thats just a clue isn't it? I never got my explosives from there IIRC

Thorup
17th Aug 2002, 09:40
YOu don't acctually need to get the clues checked anyway

1shot1kill
17th Aug 2002, 09:41
I think it's a clue yes, if you never got the explosives there you did not complete the secondairy objectives because you will only find 1 bomb in the ship itself if i remember correctly.

DudeItsMe
18th Aug 2002, 13:44
I had no problem at all blowing everything sky high with the bombs I found in other areas of the level. I used mostly time bombs BTW.

Twitch
21st Aug 2002, 15:24
Dude is correct. All the boom-boom you need is found in the destroyer.

1shot1kill
21st Aug 2002, 21:50
Hmm, you need 3 bombs, as far as i remember there is 1 time bomb on the destroyer and i checked all the cabinets boxes etc, u guys playing on normal?

Twitch
22nd Aug 2002, 16:13
It's easy anyhow to just have Spooky prance out there and load up ordnance from the boxes. The balloon is a bust.

DudeItsMe
22nd Aug 2002, 22:39
I played it on Very Hard. Since Very Hard supposedly has a scarcity compared to the other difficulties everyone should be fine.

I don't know why you guys I have problems, in most missions I run out of things to blow up. In the first one I blew up every AA gun, the torpedo building, the fuel tanks, and a vehicle using just bombs (no grenades). Oh yeah, I forgot... I time bombed the dogs. Damn those ankle biters.

Mack the Knife
23rd Aug 2002, 01:02
dogs
don't recall dogs in white death, dobermans hate the cold and husky's were too mellow for the nazis. let me warn you though. do not shoot a walrus. if you do, two guys and a girl from Greenpeace helicopter in, strip you of your snow gear and stuff you in one of the tents with only a can of beans and a pack of smokes...

DudeItsMe
23rd Aug 2002, 01:05
LIES! Kill the Walrus... its pretty fun.

Twitch
23rd Aug 2002, 16:57
Dobies are a breed of mentally edgy dogs. In WW2 partisans or others being chased by the Dobermans would shoot one and the rest would end the chase by attacking the wounded or dead one due to the lusty blood smell.

ziili
23rd Aug 2002, 19:27
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Hmm, you need 3 bombs, as far as i remember there is 1 time bomb on the destroyer and i checked all the cabinets boxes etc, u guys playing on normal?

I'm playing on very hard now and I found enough bombs from the destroyer to blow up everything...I once just "tried" to obtain them using the balloon, was more interesting but took way longer :rolleyes:

ziili
23rd Aug 2002, 19:30
Originally posted by DudeItsMe
Oh yeah, I forgot... I time bombed the dogs. Damn those ankle biters.

it's cool to blow up generals with time bombs and put the dogs on fire :D

1shot1kill
24th Aug 2002, 13:54
I'm pretty sure there is only 1 timebomb on the destroyer, if there were 4 what would be the point of the other half of the map?

DudeItsMe
24th Aug 2002, 16:13
Sorry bud. I never touched the other bombs.

1shot1kill
25th Aug 2002, 00:32
Ok, can u tell us where on the ship you found the 4 bombs you need to complete the primairy and secondairy objectives?

DudeItsMe
25th Aug 2002, 03:11
I will redo the mission now. Tell ya later, I might take some ScreenShots.

EDIT: Make that a maybe. I don't feel like doing it again right now. Currently going through most of my games and beating them over again. Current project: Nuclear Strike