PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle

willow
15th Aug 2002, 18:59
You'll have to excuse me if this has been brought up before... but I thought you all would enjoy this.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,914433,00.html)

Interesting, the character designs looks more like Amano-san's work. Too bad I couldn't find any more info on it (well... I really haven't looked yet).

Amazeroth
15th Aug 2002, 19:19
Well, I suppose this might be good news for Moggraider and all the other Gamecube adherents. :)
Although the graphics look rather um disappointing... in fact they're so fuzzy that I can't make out anything besides japanese text lol
But then graphics were always a minor factor of my fondness of Final Fantasy...

windcloud
15th Aug 2002, 19:27
cool. a whole new FF for gamecube... look forward to it

SirCanealot
17th Aug 2002, 01:16
I'm starting to really dislike the Game Cube. But I hope Square manages to put out a decent game on it any way.

Although the graphics look rather um disappointing...

I was watching a review of a GC Fps the other day. I was suprised it was on GC as I thought Half Life looked better than it graphically. Oh well.

Moggraider
17th Aug 2002, 02:43
Sounds cool. Although all the screenshots are down, for me. I'm guessing it's my fault, because they were down yesterday too, and the pictures on the Hotmail login page won't show either. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Chilled Unit
17th Aug 2002, 09:04
This is not a GameCube game; it's on the GBA, along with confirmed ports of FF Tactics, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

It is said that Crystal Chronicle will link with an *as yet unspecified* GameCube game; but all of this is GBA stuff only.

SirCanealot
17th Aug 2002, 12:43
GBA > j00

j00 > GC

Hmm. I wonder if this new game is gonna be the one based on Final Fantasy: Unlimited. I heard that will duel on the GC and GBA.

Moggraider
17th Aug 2002, 17:39
First look: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle

Square releases images from its upcoming GameCube game.

more screens (5)
View the slideshow
Screenshot Index

A recently released Japanese GameCube commercial features footage from a couple of upcoming GameCube games, one of which appears to be Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle. Square announced last week that Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle will be one of the games that will utilize the GC-GBA connectivity feature. The Game Boy Advance will reportedly display character information on its screen while players progress through the game. Unfortunately, no other details have been released.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle is scheduled for release in 2003.

By Staff, GameSpot VG [POSTED: 08/14/02]

Seems like it'll be on GC, alright. Or something will, anyway. Dammit, I wish I could see those screenshots.

Chilled Unit
18th Aug 2002, 09:33
Well; my sources are wrong :D

I'll get my coat :D

Damn.. I wanted Chrono Trigger on GBA :(

Canyon Wolf
18th Aug 2002, 14:19
Don't we have enough versions of CT already?

SirCanealot
18th Aug 2002, 14:40
We dont have one we can play on the train yet. So therefor they need to bring it out for the GBA! Simple as.