PDA

View Full Version : Tetra Master vs Triple Triad

Jackstin
2nd Jun 2012, 18:41
No, not an awesome crossover idea, which did you prefer?

I used to like Triple Triad because it was nice and simple, and the cards were nicely arranged into players, GFs, bosses and monsters.

But I think I prefer Tetra Master now. There's a bit more depth, you get to level your cards up, and the design and variety of the cards is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

What about you guys?

Water
2nd Jun 2012, 18:46
Yeah, I really prefer Tetra Master now. I used to think it was confusing because they didn't explain the rules as much, but once I got into it I thought it was actually more fun to play.

tiaeltaru
2nd Jun 2012, 19:05
I still prefer Triple Triad, but I did spend many a times on Tetra Master via PlayOnline.

vivi2nice
2nd Jun 2012, 19:19
I have to say I prefer tetra triad solely for the cards being more interesting and the fact that gf and characracter cards were rare and highly sought after...

Automaton
2nd Jun 2012, 19:20
I was actually going to make a topic on each of these in their proper places but it looks like someone has saved me a bit of effort by combining both here!

My go-to between the two card games is Tetra Master, even for all its vague and invisible statskeeping. While Triple Triad is a little more simple in terms of the numbers and placement rules, I'm turned off by the idea of "trading rules" and taking the time to turn them in your favor.

I think there was an actual produced product of Tetra Master cards once long ago in Japan, but it's really rare now if it actually existed. When I was younger I cut up pieces of paper and tried making my own "cards".

Gaialei_Strife
2nd Jun 2012, 19:30
Totally Tetra Master... I dunno... Triple Triad just didn't seem as interesting, and I think it's the art, as many of you were saying before...

ShinGundam
2nd Jun 2012, 22:25
Didn't like Tetra Master, It was fruitless and way to random for me so i spent my time playing Chocobo Hot and cold.

iambasho777
2nd Jun 2012, 23:29
Although Triple Triad was way more useful, I couldn't stand its music. Now the freaking song is stuck in my head... stop the clapping!!! :'( lol

Automaton
3rd Jun 2012, 00:06
Although Triple Triad was way more useful, I couldn't stand its music. Now the freaking song is stuck in my head... stop the clapping!!! :'( lol

Fun Fact! The song's called Shuffle or Boogie, in case you didn't know. Tetra Master's song is called Quad Mist.

iambasho777
3rd Jun 2012, 00:40
Just tell me it doesn't show up in Theatrhythm and I'll be good! ...unless you're lying when you say it

Sorciechan
4th Jun 2012, 10:18
Triple Triad, definitely. I love math. XD

The only time I failed in that was when the rules were Random. ><;

I never got Tetra Master. I couldn't grasp the rules. I kept expecting one card would hit a certain, then the opposing card would get mine. ><;

Summoner
7th Jun 2012, 16:50
Tetra Master for sure is more fun!

Automaton
11th Jun 2012, 16:55
Just tell me it doesn't show up in Theatrhythm and I'll be good! ...unless you're lying when you say it

It was a DLC track for Dissidia 012, but not in Theatrythm... so far.

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 22:50
I don't see an issue with having a soundtrack from the card game for Final Fantasy Theatrhythm a problem.

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 10:20
I don't see an issue with having a soundtrack from the card game for Final Fantasy Theatrhythm a problem.

Indeed, Shuffle or Boogie was awesome, I'd love for it to be DLC in Theatrhythm.

member_10073902
24th Jun 2012, 20:24
Triple Triad all the way. Never enjoyed Tetra Master all that much since the game didn't properly explain how the rules worked, so it was always just an exercise in frustration. I loved playing Triple Triad though and hunting down all of the rare cards was tons of fun. Shuffle or Boogie is kind of a weird track, but when I hear it now it just brings back good memories of playing Triple Triad, so I don't mind it. The Tetra Master theme was pretty mellow and forgettable, IMO.

Dekkarra
28th Jun 2012, 02:18
I realize I'm quite late to this discussion, but I would like to say I much prefer Tetra Master to Triple Triad.

The shear number of games I played on the PlayOnline version of TM is kinda crazy now that I look back on it, lol.

Dec. 31, 2010 was a sad day when they shut it down...

YukiTsubaki
23rd Jul 2012, 23:59

Funny story: years ago, husband was at work, and all of a sudden he starts whistling this song. Co-worker asks what the song is, and he stops, saying he knows he's heard it before, but didn't know where he heard it. Later that night and time for bed, he enters the bedroom, where I'm playing FF VIII. He starts getting mad because the song he was whistling....was the Triple Triad game song, Shuffle or Boogie. Since he was hearing this in his sleep, the song got stuck in his head too and that was when I discovered that maybe..I was playing too much Triple Triad. XD

mogustiltzkin
14th May 2014, 02:00
Triple Triad for me.. :D .. you really need to play this game to strengthen your characters...I played this one in the first disc for almost 10 hours and it really helped me a lot..imagine you can have Flare, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundara and Tornado at the start of the game...:D

moooka
14th May 2014, 07:29
Triple triad was better. I miss this kind of mini games. They added a lot to the game.