PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions - ladders and elavators

THEthief
15th Aug 2002, 17:11
Hello. :D I have two more quick questions. :D
Firstly, it is imperative that my ladder does not make sound when it's being climbed - how can I make this happen?
Second question: My elavator is working cool and all - but it stops a little ways below where I want it to...:confused: Should I just raise the terrain point? For some reason that didn't work ... but I don't think DROMED was working right then (alot of things weren't working right then). :p Anyways, if that's the answer, how far above (or under) where I want my elavator to stop should I put the terrain point? I seem to remember reading that I should put it 1.5 'feet' under, but I'm not sure if that's right.
Thanks in advance!! :)
THEthief

amievil?
15th Aug 2002, 21:36
regarding the elevator, yes the terrain point needs to be a little higher or farther or whatever.

the sound of the ladder, well i have no idea. you probably would have to go into its properties, and change the sound somehow. probably simple to figure out. thats how i figure out most things, is i go in and fiddle with it til something works :D

Telliamed_
16th Aug 2002, 10:41
(Note: I don't have dromed open right now so I can't tell you the exact names of things.)

Turn on the path limits for the terrain point. I think it's in the link data. When a moving terrain is path-limited then it strictly adheres to the lines between points, stopping exactly at the marker. Without path limiting it will sway around the points, relative to its momentum.

All sounds are schemas. The ladder sounds in particular are footsteps and found in the FEET.SCH file. (Event ClimbStep) You can change the sound of a ladder by editing its material tag. You could make it sound "soft" by changing the material to "Carpet" or "Earth". Or delete the material tag completely and it won't make any sound at all.

(Odd, I can't seem to find where the severity of a footstep schema is set. That is, what makes the AI more sensitive to certain footsteps. Hrmm...)