PDA

View Full Version : BO2 Soundtrack Remixes available

Chris@Crystal
15th Aug 2002, 00:18
Did you love the music from Blood Omen 2?
Well now you can download some special remixed tracks from the game for free!!
Here is the link to the first 3 downloadable tracks:

http://www.cynyc.co.uk/bo2.htm

A special thanks goes out to Mike Peaslee for putting these together for your listening pleasure. More tracks will be added over the coming month, so check back often.

~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
15th Aug 2002, 00:31
They're really good too! If Eidos ever decides to release them on CD, I'll definitely buy a copy.

Rook
15th Aug 2002, 06:00
Too cool! They sound great! And I love the Kain pic on there, too. :cool: :D

Thanks for the info, Chris!! :D

Sarah
15th Aug 2002, 17:52
I second that Blincon! This is something I would definitely buy...sniff, instead, looks like I'll just have to deprive Eidos of money, and download them--my heart breaks at that thought...

Secrets Of Nosgoth
21st Aug 2002, 20:18
Not only would I buy the BO2 soundtrack if it were ever made, but also BO1, SR1 & SR2, and the upcoming SR3 just because I'm sure it'll be that good.

Please oh please bring a LoK Soundtrack to the stores. Or at least put more on the internet for people to download and enjoy.

Very good stuff.

N0V4
21st Aug 2002, 22:09
Nice......really good.

I am actually getting enslaved by it ;).

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Aug 2002, 06:36
Originally posted by Secrets Of Nosgoth
Not only would I buy the BO2 soundtrack if it were ever made, but also BO1, SR1 & SR2, and the upcoming SR3 just because I'm sure it'll be that good.

Please oh please bring a LoK Soundtrack to the stores. Or at least put more on the internet for people to download and enjoy.

Very good stuff.

I have my copy of the SR soundtrack... but only because...

"I've served my gods." - The Priestess.

(It's very good btw...I listen to it regularly).

blincoln
22nd Aug 2002, 17:12
Yeah, the SR1/2 soundtrack is good. Everyone should pick up a copy.

Secrets Of Nosgoth
22nd Aug 2002, 20:03
So, let me get this straight, there IS a SR1/SR2 soundtrack available for purchase? Please, oh please, let me know where I can buy one, or two, or three.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Aug 2002, 20:05
So, let me get this straight, there IS a SR1/SR2 soundtrack available for purchase? Please, oh please, let me know where I can buy one, or two, or three.

Hmm... I don't think you can buy one. And I know I (as well as Blinc I assume) didn't download them either. The copies we have are official.

And again - it is very good!

blincoln
22nd Aug 2002, 22:41
You can buy it on eBay (which is where I got mine). It was included as a preorder bonus with the PS2 version of SR2.

LordKain3:16
23rd Aug 2002, 03:13
Could you post those BO 2 AND SR 2 OVS's in .mp3 format if it is not to mutch trouble on your site.

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 05:20
I'm sorry, but I don't have the space or the bandwidth. That's why I link to the tools you can use to do the same thing =).
I also don't know how CrystalD would feel about me posting all of their music wholesale, even if my site *were* professionally hosted.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 06:13
Originally posted by blincoln
I'm sorry, but I don't have the space or the bandwidth. That's why I link to the tools you can use to do the same thing =).
I also don't know how CrystalD would feel about me posting all of their music wholesale, even if my site *were* professionally hosted.

They'd love it I am sure. They'd love it soooooo much they might even introduce it to Johnny Cochran. :p ;)

Secrets Of Nosgoth
23rd Aug 2002, 07:27
Oh right, I heard about the pre-ordering SR2 you got a free SR2 soundtrack....blasted, I can't believe I didn't do that. I'm not even sure why I didn't pre-order SR2. The price I pay for being lazy I guess. OH well, I guess I'll have to find it on ebay.

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 15:54
Oh man, that's great Umah! I've always wanted to meet Johnny Cochrane. No, wait...

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 16:30
Oh right, I heard about the pre-ordering SR2 you got a free SR2 soundtrack....blasted, I can't believe I didn't do that. I'm not even sure why I didn't pre-order SR2. The price I pay for being lazy I guess. OH well, I guess I'll have to find it on ebay.

I didn't preorder anything. Like I told you when you PMed me, a little "Butterfly" gave me mine. ;)

Blinc -

"If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit. This does not make sense."

- Johnny Cochrane (South Park)

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 18:57
This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookie, from the planet Kashyyyk...

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 19:26
Why would Chewbacca, an 8 foot tall wookie, live on a planet with a bunch of 3 foot Ewoks? This does not make sense.

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 20:02
Hahahahaha. I should bust out my old South Park tapes. I haven't watched an episode in something like two years.

Chris@Crystal
24th Aug 2002, 00:40
Hello all,
Just to let you know 3 new BO2 remix tracks have been uploaded to www.cynyc.co.uk/bo2.htm
Download and enjoy!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Umah Bloodomen
24th Aug 2002, 00:43
Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
Hello all,
Just to let you know 3 new BO2 remix tracks have been uploaded to www.cynyc.co.uk/bo2.htm
Download and enjoy!
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

Yay for us! **runs off to download***

Secrets Of Nosgoth
25th Aug 2002, 00:38
good deal Chris, too bad my sound card isn't working. I already have it downloaded, just can't listen to it yet.

Rook
25th Aug 2002, 00:46
And they just keep getting better! :cool:

blincoln
4th Sep 2002, 18:58
Anyone who has the PC version and is interested in extracting the original versions of the tracks can do so using a tool I posted recently on my site. Check in the updates section of the main page for a link.

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Sep 2002, 00:16
I have both the PS2 & PC versions of Soul Reaver 2. If I were to put the PS2 disc in a cd player, would the mp3's play like a regular audio cd? That would be really cool...

I love the music - all of the ambient tracks from my games are some of my favorite songs to listen to, but I have not the means nor the knowledge of how to get them on an audio CD without botching up my PC - note that I have a burner, know how to use it, and would make only one copy, but if the song were in an .sfx format, how would I play it? I've tried using Winamp but it won't play...

blincoln
5th Sep 2002, 01:27
In-game music is rarely in regular CD audio anymore, and definitely isn't on PS2 or XBox games, since they use DVDs. Generally it's encoded in a format specific to the platform, like XA on the Playstation. Some tools like PSound can convert them to WAVs so you can burn them to CD, but that generally only works on Playstation 1 games. I haven't found anything that reliably converts PS2 in-game music to WAV.
In addition, some music (like for the PS2 version of Blood Omen 2, apparently) isn't even in waveform format. It's put together like old tracker modules, where it has the individual sounds and then the instructions to play those sounds as a song.
It's a really in-depth topic, but the short answer is "it can be pretty hard."