PDA

View Full Version : SR1 and SR2 Problems!

Reaper007
15th Aug 2002, 00:02
my SR1 prob:

when i try to run it in XP the send error report to microsoft pops up. i tried the windows compatability wizard but it didnt work, any1 have any other ideas to make it work?

my SR2 prob:

before the second cutscene with Mobiues, in that long hall way, after passing through the locked gate in spectral, in the stronghold. when i head toward the 2 guards near the gate, beleive it or not, my computer restarts. the error on the statup screen says my video card driver is to blame, they r the latest drivers. any help???

P4 2.0GHz
512RAM
GeForce 4 MX 440 64RAM
Direct X(latest version)

EDIT: "At the end of September, Eidos will be releasing a Compilation Package of 3 discs that will include Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver"
ANYONE KNOW IF THIS SR1 WILL HAVE XP SUPPORT AND BE ABLE TO USE THE MOUSE/KEYBOARD COMBO IN THE GAME???

Reaper007

blincoln
15th Aug 2002, 00:42
SR1 works fine under XP for me. Have you run Windows Update and downloaded all of the patches? Also, have you patched the game?

If your PC is restarting in SR2, are you running a motherboard with a VIA chipset? They can cause problems like that if you don't install the proper drivers for them.

I doubt that the three-game pack will be released for PC. It's almost certainly PSX-only. If it is for the PC, don't bet on KB/Mouse support in SR1. This is a budget release, so I don't think they're going to rewrite the game and send it through QA again.

Jurjen
15th Aug 2002, 00:46
The below is a direct copy from blincoln's 'Common Technical Issues' thread which is at the top of this forum. I'm pretty sure it will solve your SR2 problem.

-----------
This is because of the strange (and slightly buggy) way the Geforce4MX supports/emulates vertex shaders.
If you have a Geforce4MX (as you do) you'll have to go into the game registry entry (using regedit) at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Soul Reaver 2\1.00.000 and set DisableVShader to 1.

In addition you can try enabling fullscreen FX in the Setup. (Patched game required).
-----------

As for SR1, I know it usually works correctly on WinXP, but it might need some tweaking. I wouldn't count on any changes from the original in case a rerelease happens.

- Jurjen

Reaper007
16th Aug 2002, 01:13
thx Jurjen, that tech stuff semms to have fixed sr2 for now.

but sr1 still wont work. one thing is for certain, if others can get there copies to work, i should be able to get mine to work to.

Reaper007