PDA

View Full Version : Chris@Crystal: BO1/SR1 compilation in the works?

blincoln
13th Aug 2002, 19:45
Hi Chris. I saw this mentioned over at the NR forum and thought it would be cool to get the official word. It seems that Electronics Boutique is listing a BO1/SR1 for PSX compilation:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=227948

There's not much information available yet.
Is this something we can expect to see around the time of the BO2 for GC release?

Umah Bloodomen
13th Aug 2002, 20:07
That would be cool. Not bad for $30 either. I could see this really taking off seeing that a lot of people have been having a hard time locating a copy of BO1.

Azuriel
13th Aug 2002, 20:21
why not PC? alot of people play on PC`s...

warpsavant
13th Aug 2002, 20:28
why not PSX, PS2 or dreamcast? LOL

I hope the codes still work!

blincoln
13th Aug 2002, 21:04
Az: The PC version of BO1 doesn't run properly on newer versions of Windows*. I'm sure they don't want to recode it for a budget release.

* Yes, I know about the hacked version, but that doesn't count because it's illegal and doesn't work on NTFS.

Jeffers
13th Aug 2002, 21:47
Chris, if you look at this thread, could you also find out if we are going to get something similar here in the UK?

Much appreciated.

Jeffers.

Chris@Crystal
14th Aug 2002, 00:53
Hello there,
I have not heard of this before, but I have sent e-mails out to the right people and shoud hear back soon. I wonder if this is just something EB is packing together, but I will find out soon enough.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
14th Aug 2002, 01:07
Thank you Chris =). Even if it is just EB packing the two games together, presumably that means they've located a stash of BO1 discs, which is definitely a good thing.

Lady Kreliana
14th Aug 2002, 14:41
That'd be a really good deal for those who haven't played BO1 and SR1.

L_Master562
14th Aug 2002, 18:03
I can finnaly replace my broken Bo1 CD! I found it locally but at the time I was out of money and it pops up only now and then. I'll have all the LoK games for every system again. Excluding X Box that is. Soon to include Gamecube though. I wonder if it's two disks. Probably will be.

Chris@Crystal
14th Aug 2002, 18:19
Announcement for LOK Compilation Package:
At the end of September, Eidos will be releasing a Compilation Package of 3 discs that will include Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and Fighting Force. At this time it is only announced for the US, but I will post more information as I receive it.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

necropotence
14th Aug 2002, 20:57
:D Yesssssss that's awesome.

blincoln
14th Aug 2002, 22:40
Rad! Especially for $29.99. Thanks Chris!

L_Master562
14th Aug 2002, 23:13
I'm going to get such a great game again!!! Hey! That is the only LoK game(Bo1) my Ps1 gameshark for Ps2 has. Can't update, so the codes will get some use.

Edit:That is, after I beat the game a few (hundred) times. I have fun without the because the game is easy for the first half. Gets tricky round Avernus. Those demons take to many hits, though it is a good challange.

Lady Kreliana
14th Aug 2002, 23:55
Sweet. :)

L_Master562
15th Aug 2002, 03:49
going to release Bo2 on Gamecube, and now this!!! I love this company and the creators of the series.

keepittrue
15th Aug 2002, 07:49
Question: Do we have to buy the package at ebay, will it be coming to local stores such as Babbages.

Lozza Mate
15th Aug 2002, 08:47
are the 3 games just going to be packaged together?

will the loading issues of BO1 be tweaked a little? *wink wink, nuge nuge*

Rook
15th Aug 2002, 09:10
http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/ruinkai/vampv.gif Too freakin' cool!! http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/ruinkai/vampv.gif

blincoln
15th Aug 2002, 17:42
It's not eBay, it's EB - Electronics Boutique - as in, the chain with stores in every US city.
And as I've said elsewhere, I very much doubt that there will be any changes to BO1, except for possibly replacing the Activision logo with an Eidos one at the beginning.

Lozza Mate
16th Aug 2002, 07:52
I didn't think they'd change anything, just wishfull thinking I guess

ah well, the PS2 can shorten the load times in BO1 quite a bit anyway!

L_Master562
22nd Aug 2002, 17:04
True, recently my home town got one, but that was just last year. I never even really knew they existed until then. I noticed them elsewhere, but I never thought they were a major chain and never remembered the stores besides walking in one once before. Now I think that this is one of the best stores ever.

blincoln
22nd Aug 2002, 17:13
I believe there's one in every major US city. There's been one in downtown Seattle for as long as I can remember (I saw The Killing Game Show demoed on an Amiga 500 there back in the day). Now there's two! =)

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Aug 2002, 17:28
We have 3 EB's here. One in Novi (about 30 minutes from where I live) one in Pontiac (about 15-20 minutes from where I live) and one in Troy (about 30 minutes from where I live in the opposite direction of Novi).

There may be one in Dearborn (about 45 minutes from where I live and near downtown Detroit) but I haven't gotten around to checking that out yet. :p ;)

Ranmyaku
22nd Aug 2002, 22:36
It's still great news! Even tho I found a used copy of BO in mint condition, but my copy of SR isn't in the greatest shape. I had to buy a used rental....

EB is everywhere, I think. I mean one just opened up here in Prince George about a month ago. A place that has a great selection and only that! Tis a miricle! :D

The Amazing Rando
23rd Aug 2002, 05:24
They aren't all called EB tho. We've had one for quite some time, but I never knew it was part of the chain untill a few years ago. They are either EB, Sofware,Etc., and I think there's another one but I forget. :)

And there must be one everywhere b/c I'm far from being in a major us city. :) Smalltown USA baby yeah!

L_Master562
23rd Aug 2002, 14:24
Then I have both an EB and Gamestop(formeraly Software Etc.) near each other in the same mall. Gamestop was the rename of Software Etc. I hated that. I liked it when the store was dark, and tons of demo games all over. I mean, the staff played the demo machines themselves and it was fun watching them slack off and loose horribly. It had neon lights, and a general fun feel. Now its big, tan, and well lit. The people there actualy do what they are supposed to now. Man.......... Oh well. EB has that more fun attitude and feeling now. Not just a rock tan, but with colors and tvs hanging from the ceiling playing demos and even some neon lights.

blincoln
23rd Aug 2002, 15:55
You can never have too many neon lights.

keepittrue
23rd Aug 2002, 16:08
hey

The Amazing Rando
23rd Aug 2002, 20:01
Yeah Software Etcd is part of the chain and I guess that means gamestop was the other that I couldn't think of. I'd been to one but that was a year or two ago, and I only realized it then b/c the had a little eb marking near the name. :D:D:D:D Our Software etc has a lot of neon. Gotta love the neon.

And the coolest part, I sorta knew a couple of the employees b4, but now we started playing a lot of Halo with many of them and then will get us stuff w/ their discounts. That's good cuz they usually are a little more expensive than the other places here.

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 23:37
Gamestop belongs with Babbages and Funcoland. They each offer the same exact discount program, and when I applied to manage one, my application was good for all three places.

The Amazing Rando
24th Aug 2002, 01:59
Just kidding, thanks for the clarification. As I said, it's been awhile, and all I remember about it is picking up some NES games that I couldn't find anymore to replace ones I lost or never had. In any case, I know that software is a part of EB.

Umah Bloodomen
24th Aug 2002, 02:18
I didnt correct you to make you feel bad. Cheer up, it's all good. ;)

The Amazing Rando
24th Aug 2002, 02:32
I wasn't feeling too bad, hence the "Just Kidding";) It's no biggie, I just suffered from a slight case of foot-in-mouth disease. Funny, seeing as how there's no barnyard animals here. :D

Chris Mishima
30th Aug 2002, 23:24
There are way to many good games coming out in September. I thought August was overloaded...

Embla
9th Sep 2002, 11:59
Oh, how I wish this compilation would be for the PS2 or GameCube with the Dreamcast version of SR1, and also being released in Europe.

Justified_n_Ancient
9th Sep 2002, 15:07
:rolleyes:

I just wet myself.

Enough said....can't wait!

Time Streamer
10th Sep 2002, 17:57
Originally posted by Chris Mishima
There are way to many good games coming out in September. I thought August was overloaded...

The entire Christmas season is overloaded once again, as usual.

TG_Syd
10th Sep 2002, 18:40
Hmm...i didn't read the entire thread, just the first post but i wanted to say that i ordered it from EBGames and I recieved it yesturday(9th)

TheElderGodofNosgoth
7th Nov 2002, 00:05
I wonder if this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006IGOC/qid=1036626654/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-0703500-5385443?v=glance&s=toys is the same thing.

Sarah
7th Nov 2002, 00:13
No no-that must be a very rare and special "Compliation" only available through Amazon! OOOO!!!
Yes, that is the Blood Omen, SR1, and that 3rd game that's a fighting thing(I think).