PDA

View Full Version : Rerun's

necropotence
13th Aug 2002, 18:09
I keep reading alot of complaint's about (this subject has been discussed before), (this subject is being discussed in another LOK forum), and (this info's on another site). In responce

1. There are 3 dicussion forum's for LOK on this site it's not just a coincidence if topic's overlap often.

2. The forum,s been around for a while topic's are buried beneath the rubal! I want to converse on this site not look over the last 6 month's of used up topic's.

3. New forum member's are'nt going to do that either.

I understand the frustration though, no one want's to have an indepth discussion on a topic just to have someone walk up and say have you thought about this. But at the same time that's a good chance to tell them or link them to the other topic and if they have anything to add they can just post on it. One thing I think would help is just one forum for LOK or instead everyone could just start talking in the LOK community chat.

:) peace:)

darien_specter
13th Aug 2002, 18:19
That's an excellent idea about linking to older threads; that way, not only do we avoid repeating old discussions when someone asks again, but then the "old" discussions are kept fresh and current... good thinking! :D

willow
13th Aug 2002, 22:46
You know what I really hate?

When a new guy comes on and asks a question that's been asked a thousand times before... and them some jerk comes along and screams at him because it's been discussed before... most of these are simple little questions or you could very easily direct the new guy to an older thread... it's very simple.... I dislike elitists... and they make me want to quit this forum.

Lady Kreliana
14th Aug 2002, 02:57
I definitely agree, willow. Half the time, most newbies don't read previous posts before posting. (Although it's better netiquette to actually read previous posts before posting, I think we're all guilty of not doing that, so for us to bash others because of it might be a bit hypocritical.) I think we should just give these people the benefit of the doubt. Why waste time and energy typing out a long rant about 'how stupid so and so is because they posted a rehashed topic' when you (you meaning the ranter) can easily redirect them to another link? Helps them out, and makes you look like a nice guy. :)

Rook
14th Aug 2002, 05:52
Originally posted by willow
You know what I really hate?

When a new guy comes on and asks a question that's been asked a thousand times before... and them some jerk comes along and screams at him because it's been discussed before... most of these are simple little questions or you could very easily direct the new guy to an older thread... it's very simple.... I dislike elitists... and they make me want to quit this forum.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

There is absolutely no need to rag on someone for bringing up a subject that has been discussed before. If people have problems with repeat posts, why are they still here? Just about everything that could be discussed about LoK on these forums has been discussed. There's nothing new, and there won't be until news of the next game comes out, so very little that does come up in future posts will be new. The only thing left is to disect the same issues over again, and perhaps come up with a few radical new theories. :D

Personally, I don't mind repeat posts at all. Even if they cover subjects that have been completely wrung out, someone new might make me see things I was fairly certain of in an entirely new way. And if it's a game help issue, I can honestly say I never grow tired of helping people solve game problems, even if they are the same ones.

:D

darien_specter
14th Aug 2002, 06:54
Ditto... because everyone who's stuck has a unique problem that needs a unique hint... and I know I only want the one hint, to get me going. And if a discussion reached a stalemate, why then a fresh thinker to it can perhaps help answer a question... I know I repeated a lot when I posted my first post-BO2 thread... but I was hoping to get something new in there, and I certainly appreciate those who replied, even if only to provide links and summaries...

Azuriel
14th Aug 2002, 07:05
whew! thank god i`m not an elitist anymore!

necropotence
14th Aug 2002, 12:03
Thank's for the support when I decided to post this thread. I thought those who RAIL people for rehashing were gonna jump all over me.

No one can Honestly tell me they fully read every thread in all three forum's.