PDA

View Full Version : Unbearable vs. Unbelievable

DaveJ
13th Aug 2002, 15:11
I've heard of the "Unbearable lightness of being"...but not the "Unbelievable lightness of being".

A sequel, perhaps?

;)

TDC
13th Aug 2002, 16:16
What are you getting at, you nut? I actually went to IMDb.com and did a search!

DaveJ
13th Aug 2002, 16:44
Go to the TR forum index page here at Eidos...look at the description for this particular forum.

This has been gnawing at me since this place opened....

TDC
13th Aug 2002, 16:53
"I see," said the blind man.

Of all people, you would be the one to let that get under your skin!

DaveJ
13th Aug 2002, 16:58
Well...y'know.

If you're gonna do these things, you may as well do them right.

Great film, too.

GoranAgar
13th Aug 2002, 18:50
The Cat has beaten you by months with that observation. It even was like this at the old forum. :p

But she was too polite to mention it :D

THE True Lara
13th Aug 2002, 21:24
That one's been puzzeling me for months, I decided to ignore it and just pretend it was intended as an existential commentary instead.... :D

-and Dave, I see someone's been buying his Golden/Cinamon Grahams! ;)
One queston, did you eat them before they had LOTR cd's on the front?.........

I know I didn't.....

DaveJ
14th Aug 2002, 07:41
No...but by jove I'm addicted to them now!

Goran...I know the query has been raised previously....but did it ever get answered?
It cetainly never got corrected....
;)

Lord Croft
14th Aug 2002, 08:00
"Unbelievable lightness of being"? Sounds like a title of an exisiencial novel.

I don't know what "Unbearable lightness of being" is. Dave could you enlighten me?

P.S. Does anyone here bet at horse/racetracks??? :confused:

DaveJ
14th Aug 2002, 09:00
It was an acclaimed novel by Milan Kundera, turned into a film by Phillip Kaufman in 1988.

THE True Lara
14th Aug 2002, 09:14
'Tis a film with Mr Day-Lewis, and I quote:

Set in 1960's Czechoslovakia, just prior to the Soviet invasion. A womanising brain surgeon, a naive young woman and a beautiful model become involved in an intense yet tragic love triangle.
Daniel Day-Lewis stars as Tomas, the happily irresponsible Czech lover of Milan Kundera's novel, which is set in Prague just before and during the Soviet invasion in 1968. Lena Olin and Juliette Binoche are the two vastly different women who occupy his attention and to some extent represent different sides of his values and personality. In any case, the character's decision to flee Russian tanks with one of them--and then return--has profound consequences on his life. Directed by Philip Kaufman, this rich, erotic, fascinating character study with allegorical overtones is a touchstone for many filmgoers. Several key sequences--such as Olin wearing a bowler hat and writhing most attractively--linger in the memory, while Kaufman's assured sense of the story inspires superb performances all around.
--Tom Keogh

And no I don't go to the races, I'd just imbarress myself by shouting "come on Dover; move your bloomin ar*e!":D

And I'm a cinamon junky myself, though I've got to stop eating them becasue I polished off a box last week,a nd put on 6lbs! http://help.microsoft.com/!data/en_us/data/messengerv46_msn.its51/$content$/embaressed_smile.gif

DaveJ
14th Aug 2002, 09:53
I'll give you an extra point if you can identify what I used for the border to that sig....

John Carter
14th Aug 2002, 11:50
The Unbearably unbelievable lightness of being DaveJ while watching "My left foot" before Daniel Day Lewis' best day at the track, betting on "Last of the Mohicans".

DaveJ
14th Aug 2002, 13:45
That works for me, John!

I wonder if its a copyright issue?

AngieCroft
14th Aug 2002, 20:28
Whats the unbelievable lightness of being?
Don't you know the answer in an tombraiderforum???
It's so easy: It's the whole tombraiderworld! Every new information and every new Pic. bright up a day. I am exaggerate? :rolleyes: :D I don't think so. ;)

jso2897
15th Aug 2002, 01:52
No, you are not exaggerate.

DaveJ
15th Aug 2002, 07:32
I still think the term 'unbelievable lightness of being' should be snapped up by an ad company for a new line of margarine, or fabric conditioner.....

THE True Lara
15th Aug 2002, 09:31
Either that or weight watchers..... :D

-esp. for those of us eating cinamon grahams.......