PDA

View Full Version : A Credit to Crystal Dynamics

willow
13th Aug 2002, 00:39
Gamespot recently posted a small article in their Gamespotting section about quality of voice acting.

Naturally the Legacy of Kain was brought up (more than once w/ actors).

Talking about Soul Calibur II

Then there's the dynamic Michael Bell, who's been in every cartoon you ever watched when you were growing up (including G.I. Joe, Voltron, and The Transformers). Mr. Bell also has a distinguished and very active career as a game voice actor, most recently providing the voice of Medivh and some of the undead characters from Warcraft III, though he's also appeared in Soldier of Fortune II and the Diablo II expansion. His most well known role in games is probably that of Raziel from the Soul Reaver series, but he's so good at playing hotheaded characters that he'd make a great Siegfried.

click me (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/081102/p2_01.html) for the full article.

KainSyndrome101
13th Aug 2002, 00:40
I read that about an hour ago. Very cool.

Sarah
13th Aug 2002, 00:45
Don't forget Tony Jay!
Bummed they didn't mention Templeman--oh well...
I really liked the article about Family Gaming though---if I ever get the chance, that is definitely the attitude I would take towards my children gaming.(Would probably have to get an extra console and TV though---what is sharing?)

warpsavant
13th Aug 2002, 00:47
I just read something were the Solid Snake guy actually tried out for the part of Kain! LOL

Imagine Kain was Snake?

Anyway, Mike Bell rules.

Naja
13th Aug 2002, 02:31
I couldn't imagine anyone else playing the part of Kain than Simon; I heard a clip of one of the little movies in BO2 - between Sebastion and Kain - being played by different actors. It made me shudder! What were they thinking?! Oh well, I heard it from The Lost World website... which I found here somewhere...:o *forgot where*

Serul
13th Aug 2002, 08:31
I knew I recognised the voice for Medivh, Michael Bell's name doesn't show in the credits though, strange...

FierceClaw
13th Aug 2002, 09:07
Originally posted by Serul
I knew I recognised the voice for Medivh, Michael Bell's name doesn't show in the credits though, strange...

Yeah, I remember searching the credits for his name because I was sure it was him. I think he also did the voice of the Necromancer, who is also the main advisor character (the guy that yells out things like, "Our town is under attack!") for the Undead.

Midnight of Sevenshades
13th Aug 2002, 21:39
I *KNEW* I'd heard that voice somewhere before! I was/am an avid Transformers fan! Whooo!

Lady Kreliana
14th Aug 2002, 14:48
Originally posted by warpsavant
I just read something were the Solid Snake guy actually tried out for the part of Kain! LOL

Imagine Kain was Snake?

Anyway, Mike Bell rules.

Actually, I think David Hayter auditioned for Raziel. ;)

Anyway, I think it's awesome that gamespot's recognizing the good voice actors in the game industry, mostly because half of the voice actors (at least the ones I've seen) are terrible.

L_Master562
15th Aug 2002, 03:52
outside of Japan. Japanese game producers sometimes hire professional actors though. Sega does that. The voice actors of the LoK though are great though.