PDA

View Full Version : Random Game Help

member_10074094
5th Jun 2012, 20:29
Any tips? *I borrowed this game a year ago and got stuck on this part during Ventus' story. *Now that I own my own copy, I am trying to do a completionist run and can't figure this out on Tera's playthrough.

I always get a "bad" rating of about 400 points, and even then it seems like all luck. *I can't figure this stupid game out, I can beat every boss in this game but I can't figure out a stupid rythm mini game... its really frustrating me.*

Automaton
5th Jun 2012, 20:43
It's not a luck thing at all. The songs have a preset order, and you have a chance to listen to what you need to do first once before you have to do it for points.

Aim with the directional pad first, then shoot. If one of the ducks stamps his feet constantly in the cues, you need to mash the button when you play that section to gain as many points as possible.

Zench-XIII
5th Jun 2012, 20:50
It is a bit complicated when you play it the first time, but it's all about paying attention to the beat of the song and keeping an eye on the indicators.

But even if I completed the minigame, I'll always believe that the ice cream machine is the most devilish being in the entire KH Universe.

member_10074094
5th Jun 2012, 21:03
Well I was able to finally get points by just pressing X at the exact second that the circles meet... but trying to get frozen fortune turned out to be too hard. *The speed required to change targets while matching the circles is to high, and only with repetitive practice will I get this down on master mode... and I don't feel like doing that. *This minigame isn't what I call "fun" and when I have all these other fun games to play, its not worth my time. *Maybe someday, but for now... this is just obnoxious.

member_10590028
5th Jun 2012, 23:12
I know what you're saying. I got Frozen Fortune after a lot of hard work and it wasn't easy. I had to retry multiple times because I lost the beat and couldn't make up for it. It'll take a while but you'll get it down in no time if you keep listening to the songs and get the beats down. Also do it on the sped up version to really get it down pact. That's what I did and it wasn't a joke. This game is just like the Beats game on the PSP they released years ago.

onigiri619
13th Jul 2012, 01:36
And by MF, I mean the Mysterious Figure/Hooded Man/The Jedi Boss/Yougettheidea...(-_-)
I've tried*facing this guy*many times and have a general idea of what i can and can't block against but some moves seem just impossible to counter. So...

-How are you supposed to dodge the blade he shoots out the orbs?
-How do you avoid getting caught one move where his leaps in the air and tosses a blade at you and drags you at him?
-IS THERE ANY WAY TO KNOW WHEN HE REVERSES TIME?

Persiangato
13th Jul 2012, 03:45
The idea isn't to block or counter against anything (aside from his clones with if you're using Aqua). You just need to constantly dodge. So for your first two questions, just make sure you have a basic cartwheel/whatever on your deck. Have it maxed out, of course, but don't use one with attacking properties since you give up their larger movement/longer invinciblity frames.

But if you're underneath him when he jumps in the air and tries to drag you up, he'll flop and miss badly. So if you see him leap up, dash towards him. If you have no sight of him or aren't sure what he's doing, just continue cartwheeling to the side. It's just as effective.

Are you making sure to turn off all abilities that aren't required for the fight as well? The more deck commands and abilities you have equiped will increase his aggressiveness. Especially when he's near death. No point in having +defenses/health when he takes you down to 1hp with all combos or in increased Munny/Orbs and so forth when he doesn't drop any.

Ven has more options available for him when he's fighting the guy, but the basic spam Thunder Surge or Fire Surge is still best. Terra is probably the hardest of the three. Aqua is fairly simple. Here's a video on how somebody using Terra smacks the guy around. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPf_7n1Vf8k)

Thunder Surge has larger range on its attack, so most people go with that. But Fire Surge has higher damage. Use whichever you want. For blindly dashing thunder is the way to go. Don't mix them though. You want to limit your equipped abilities to as few as possible so grabbing boosts on both would be wasteful.

iambasho777
13th Jul 2012, 14:05
I wouldn't recommend fire surge because if you accidentally activate the firestorm command finisher you're left wide open, whereas the thunderbolt one isn't as dangerous. I didn't know about him being easier with fewer abilities equipped... wish I would have known that when I spent hours fighting him my last playthrough lol.

onigiri619
13th Jul 2012, 19:01
The idea isn't to block or counter against anything (aside from his clones with if you're using Aqua). You just need to constantly dodge. So for your first two questions, just make sure you have a basic cartwheel/whatever on your deck. Have it maxed out, of course, but don't use one with attacking properties since you give up their larger movement/longer invinciblity frames.

But if you're underneath him when he jumps in the air and tries to drag you up, he'll flop and miss badly. So if you see him leap up, dash towards him. If you have no sight of him or aren't sure what he's doing, just continue cartwheeling to the side. It's just as effective.

Are you making sure to turn off all abilities that aren't required for the fight as well? The more deck commands and abilities you have equiped will increase his aggressiveness. Especially when he's near death. No point in having +defenses/health when he takes you down to 1hp with all combos or in increased Munny/Orbs and so forth when he doesn't drop any.

Ven has more options available for him when he's fighting the guy, but the basic spam Thunder Surge or Fire Surge is still best. Terra is probably the hardest of the three. Aqua is fairly simple. Here's a video on how somebody using Terra smacks the guy around. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPf_7n1Vf8k)

Thunder Surge has larger range on its attack, so most people go with that. But Fire Surge has higher damage. Use whichever you want. For blindly dashing thunder is the way to go. Don't mix them though. You want to limit your equipped abilities to as few as possible so grabbing boosts on both would be wasteful.

Hmmm...I didn't know that the offensive versions of their dodge affected their invincibility frame (grrrr...why don't they ever tell you these things on the fineprint**(-~-) )

Well, thanks for the advice*(^_^).* Hopefully it'll help kick is sorry @$$ once and for all (so many hours spent just trying to at least get him to one bar T_T)

member_10823334
4th Dec 2012, 11:48
Feel free to ask any questions regarding game play in this thread, just don't give away spoilers!!

Random question: I'm playing standard mode, trying to get 100% completion and have gotten to the point where I can fight THE final boss for one of the characters (Terra, if you must know). How much of the trinity reports do I have to have done? What do I need to have completed before I fight the boss (EG- D-Links, Ice Cream, Commands, Stickers, Treasures, you get the idea). If you know, please let me know ASAP.*

Zench-XIII
4th Dec 2012, 12:09
I assume you're talking about unlocking the secret ending. If so, the internet is your friend:

www.examiner.com/article/how-to-unlock-t... (http://www.examiner.com/article/how-to-unlock-the-secret-ending-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep)

If you ain't talking about the secret ending, care to specify things?

member_10823334
4th Dec 2012, 22:19
No, I do mean getting Blank Points, but in order to get it in Standard mode, you have to have 100% completion in everything (bangs head against wall multiple times *why did I get myself into this?*). I've looked on the internet, and I know one thing for sure: Mirage Areana can still be accessed and played AFTER final bosses (since two opponents can only be achieved after finishing Terra's/Aqua's stories). What I'd like to know is, do I have to have all the D-Links, attack, magic, etc., treasures, stickers, Ice Creams, mini-games, and all that jazz done before the final boss, or can I go back and get that stuff after I kick their butts (:D)?

picamaispi29
5th Dec 2012, 11:23
You*will still be able*to*get 100% completion if you fight the final boss first, but you will have to fight*the*boss*again after you get 100% completion if you choose to do that. Also, you probably already know this, but you have to get 100% completion for all three characters, all on the same level of difficulty. Good luck!

member_10823334
1st Jan 2013, 23:48
Man, I feel so needy, but can you level up in Mirage Areana after winning the game. Reason why...I'd like to have final shotlocks and Ultima for fighting the two additional bosses after the final episode, but have no desire to do that right now. *Can I go back and get them or should I just get them all before the final episode?

Also, any hints on beating the Mirage Areana bosses ALONE would me greatly appriciated.

Roxas1
18th Jan 2013, 20:04
Hey I an a new player on the game Kingdom hearts BBs and I have just beat the game on begginer* and I have no clue how to unlock the other people in the theater mode do i have to start a new game or dose in let me change on the game play? And if any one would like to heal me on the Mirge Arena I am in it every day frrm 12:00am to 5:00 pm on weekends if anyone whants to battle or race or anything like that. I am not going to be in the mirge arena on week days*I will be on from 4:00 Pm to*6:00pm but on Monday and tuesday I will be on weekends time . So if wou want to battle or race you know what times I am on.

P.S. Give me a commet if you want to battle or stuff like that

Riku9
19th Jan 2013, 22:46
You have to restart the game

Roxas1
1st Feb 2013, 19:14
Thanks*

Bobguy117
26th Mar 2013, 05:23
To this day I still cannot beat Mysterious Figure with Terra on Critical Mode. I don't have a problem with him as Aqua or Ven on Critical, or as Terra on any other difficulty. But Mysterious Figure as Terra on Critical mode I am convinced is impossible. Anyone here manage to beat him?

Bobguy117
29th Mar 2013, 13:20
Seriously like it's been years. It's actually impossible.

edward.busch.18
30th Mar 2013, 03:12
wanna know the Truth? i never faced him! i loaned out my psp to someone who hasnt played BbS

Silverwing
30th Mar 2013, 05:23
honestly.... i havent beaten him on anyone yet but once i finish maxing out Aqua im going to go and beat the Sentament and The Unknown. Its been a while since i went at them.

Bobguy117
30th Mar 2013, 06:00
Sentiment and Unknown are easy with Aqua and Ven. They can pretty much dodge roll and cartwheel away from all of their attacks. And aqua's renewal barrier is amazing. But Terra can't dodge anything and on Critical mode. And also maxing out your level won't help at all they're actually scaled to your level so the fight is always the same difficulty. So if you're at level 99 then they'll also be at level 99 when they're the toughest. I hear they're easiest at level 1, though I've never tried a level 1 run on this game yet.

edward.busch.18
30th Mar 2013, 10:41
how could you do a level 1 battle? you'd have to somehow not beat any of the bosses.... are you using gameshark?

Bobguy117
2nd Apr 2013, 12:22
The final versions of all of the Kingdom Hearts games except Chain of Memories now have the Zero Exp ability right from the start if you play on Proud or Critical mode that you can choose to equip and it will stop you from gaining exp until you unequip it. I've only done a level one run in 3D and believe me it was the most enjoyable way to play the game. Those final bosses are ridiculous. I actually managed to beat Young Xehanort on my first go at Level 1. Ansem and Spellican were by far the toughest. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX is going to have Zero Exp for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix, it was one of the things they added to the game to keep it fresh. Though I've also done a Zero HP run in my Chain of Memories for both characters, in which you choose not to increase HP for the whole game, and that was TOUGH. I'm definitely doing it again in 1.5. I'm almost certain that any version of Chain of Memories would be impossible without the ability to increase your deck capacity as Sora, so a level 1 run probably wouldn't even be possible if it were an option.

It is possible to equip Zero Exp in:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

Critical Mode of Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix

Critical Mode of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Proud Mode and Critical Mode of Kingdom Hearts: 3D

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

You can reduce your level to Level 1 at any time in:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

You can keep 1 or 2 of your stats at the same level they were at level 1 in:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

edward.busch.18
3rd Apr 2013, 12:04
oh yeah, forgot bout that... heh wondered about that function and why it was there?... kinda wanna know how fast you would level up if you beat one of the final bosses with it unequipped at LV 1 ? takes you to LV 20 i bet

Bobguy117
3rd Apr 2013, 14:08
If you beat Sephiroth at Level 1 you'd probably get past level 50 easy.

edward.busch.18
3rd Apr 2013, 14:39
did you try Seph on LV 1? figure 1 attack and youd die

Bobguy117
3rd Apr 2013, 19:12
Nah, I don't have 1.5 yet!

Bobguy117
16th Apr 2013, 17:32
In case there was anybody out there who was supporing me in my struggle against the dreaded Mysterious Figure, today I finally defeated him as Terra on Critical mode. I was absolutely in shock when it happened. I had just finished my first playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Critical mode and had finally managed to snag defeat from the Lingering Will, too. So I decided to go back and try to beat the Mysterious Figure, too, since he was the only boss I have not defeated on every difficulty with every character. I found myself using the same strategy for the Mysterious Figure as I had used for the Lingering Will, attacking before healing. Even if I was about to die. I would attack first, heal later. And it worked surprisingly well. I had managed to get him down to one hit left before inevitibly choking a few times, then I finally managaed to trump him. As of today, there is only one boss in all of Kingdom Hearts that I have not defeated on the highest difficulty possible now, and that is the Unknown from Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix. And I'm going to wait until 1.5 reaches the West to do so. It will be a proud day indeed.