My credit card company cancelled my card. Do I still have to
pay the balance due?

Where do they teach how to paint graffiti? I would like to
become a graffiti artist.

I wrote to See's Candy saying I wasn't satisfied with the
candy. I received a prompt answer saying I should take the
candy to a local store. Please make them understand I don't
have the candy anymore. I ate it all. I'd like a free box,
though, because they guarantee their candy.

If kids can't get into R rated movies because they are not
adults, how can they be charged the full adult price?

I bought a pet and it won't mind me. I think it is dumb. I
can't train it. Please do something.

What kind of birds were those that flew over us between 4:45
and 4:50 P.M.?

Do you know how to color my horoscope? What colors are good
for you and bad for you? Do I use crayon or marker pens?

And you wonder why I dispair at what the future may bring> :D

LeatherMan
12th Aug 2002, 22:29
Oh PLEASE make it stop ... make it stop!!!

What kind of birds were those that flew over us between 4:45 and 4:50 P.M.? Answer: Ducks :D

Zaccheus
12th Aug 2002, 22:47
Ha ha ha !!!

RicknMel
12th Aug 2002, 23:09
Originally posted by LeatherMan

Answer: Ducks :D

Are you making fun of me? ;) :p LOL

Anyways...I think the question about pagers isn't so silly...
So where do they go anyways? :D

Huntress
12th Aug 2002, 23:26
To the lost and found at the Post Office dead letter box! :D

Want me to pay 37ยข for mailing my letters now...haha...sticks tongue out and makes thrruup noise :p

Ta and Good Hunting! ;)

Munin the Raven
12th Aug 2002, 23:40
I've noticed that in most post offices the "out of town" and "in town" slots lead to the exact same basket and that they go to the same center for processing before being sent out to their destination. And we wonder why stamps are getting hiked up? They say it's email, but I say it's inefficiency.:p

Then there's the old "Why do people drive on parkways and park on driveways?":D

<b>theBlackman</b>, this one killed me:

It's one of those questions that's simply not even worth attempting to answer. Simply making a quick visit to depths that low can cause permanent brain damage.:p

Apache
13th Aug 2002, 00:50
Originally posted by theBlackman
"some stuff
that was asked of Action Line in the local paper, over the past ten
years."

And you wonder why I dispair at what the future may bring> :D

I'm gonna ask them that the next time we go to the movies as a family..Makes sense to me..

RicknMel
13th Aug 2002, 01:11
Originally posted by Munin the Raven

Then there's the old "Why do people drive on parkways and park on driveways?":D

LOL
Reminds me of some old George Carlin stuff......

Why when two airplanes almost collide, they call it a "near miss"? Wouldn't it be better called a "near hit"!!??!?

Or why do they say "take a leak"? I've never "taken" anything from a bathroom.....but I always "leave" something! :p

..OK....I better stop now ;)

bravus
13th Aug 2002, 01:50
RnM wrote: <b>'why do they say "take a leak"? I've never "taken" anything from a bathroom.....but I always "leave" something!'</b>

Well, you say, it's like this:

<blockquote>In days of old, when knights were bold, and toilets were (barely) invented... There used to just be one public convenience in the centre of town. The keeper of the bathroom had a full time job keeping the facilities pleasant, so it was customary that the people of the town would give the keeper a gift each month, depending on what they could afford, and how often they used the facilities. The lords and ladies and the knights and, er, ladies, could afford to bring a chicken or a ham, but the poor people could only afford some small vegetable like a turnip... Or sometimes they'd have to 'take a leek'.</blockquote>

OK, I'm going now!

Bravus

Rommel_1891
13th Aug 2002, 02:46
I always like the one about digging half a hole... :p

or

Why are they called construction workers? I've never seen one work. :D

Danventry
13th Aug 2002, 04:11
If you took the wings off a Fly, would you call it a Walk?
Why do SHIPS carry CARgo and CARS carry SHIPments?
Why are Boyscouts called that when they are never really Scouts?
Why do they call it "Midnight Blue" when midnight is definately not blue?
What's the points of having "blue-green" and "greenish-blue" in the same Crayola crayon box?
And if you're wondering, I am the kid searching for the clear crayon in the box.

MsLedd
13th Aug 2002, 09:40
Why do they call it "throwing up"? Clearly, the direction you throw is DOWN. If we threw UP, we'd have to get out of the way in a pretty big hurry wouldn't we?

True story: My refrigerator died so I called my landlord about getting it fixed/replaced. It was a Thursday when I called, and he asked me (I kid not), "Were you planning to use it this weekend?"

Me: "uhhhhmmmm, well... yeah, actually I was."
Thinking: "No dorkwad, of course not! I mean, what kind of sadist makes their fridge work weekends? No rush, Monday'll be fine"

BTW, does anyone know what time the midnight movie starts?

ChangelingJane
13th Aug 2002, 15:26
"Do you still have that tattoo?"

"Hey, remember your brother?"

DJC
13th Aug 2002, 17:43
Originally posted by MsLedd
Why do they call it "throwing up"? Clearly, the direction you throw is DOWN. If we threw UP, we'd have to get out of the way in a pretty big hurry wouldn't we?

I suppose because it comes UP from inside of your body.
You throw it up, gravity brings it back down...

theBlackman
13th Aug 2002, 17:56
Originally posted by DJC

I suppose because it comes UP from inside of your body.
You throw it up, gravity brings it back down...

Rational, and logic have no place in this discussion. :D

Although massive digression has taken place and word usage, rather than stupid questions or requests, has come to the fore, the original point still remains.

Msledd's example is the best so far. The first few are questions or remarks actually made by live humans writing to a newspaper help column.

Vanguard
14th Aug 2002, 04:35
Went on a cruise and the "social director guy" (I forget his title) had some good stories about what some folks would ask about. Below are some examples.

- Do these stairs go up or down?

- Will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?

- On a day with choppy high waves, a woman asks, "Are the pools filled with salt water or fresh water?" Thinking it's a logical question, the director replies, "It isn't fresh water but the salt water has been cleaned." Woman looks back to yell to her friend, "See, Marge, they're filled with salt water. That's why they're so choppy."

- The director is walking down a midship hallway when stopped by an elderly lady who says, "You must have a good job. I'm rich but everytime I am on this cruise, I see you around." (She doesn't recognize him.) He jokes and replies, "No, maam, I'm a gigolo and the money that I make on this cruise helps pay for my next one." Woman looks surprised. Just about when the director is going to let her off the hook, a pair of elderly ladies cross the hallway aways away, notice (and recognize him), and say, "Helloo, helloo, young man, yes. We had a marvelous time last night. Hope to see you next time." As he looks around to the woman talking to him, she leans towards him and quietly asks, "How much?"

- "Young man, I've been wondering. Where do all the crew go when we go to sleep." "Well, maam, you see those life boats? We put the crew in them, lower them out, and drag them behind the ship until it's time for you to wake up, and then we reel them back in." He figured she would realize he was pulling her leg. Yet, she walks over to a life boat and comes back saying, "But there's no biffy in there."