PDA

View Full Version : Finally. I have seen the fillum

Henners
12th Aug 2002, 12:22
It has taken me sooooo long to get around to it, but finally I have seen the TR movie, and you know what, it surpassed all my expectations. Although to be honest I set the bar pretty low.

But Jolie was superb, and the whole things just looked and felt like the game.

I will definitely make more effort to see a sequel at a theatre rather than at home.

What did everyone else think?

DaveJ
12th Aug 2002, 13:26
Glad you enjoyed it matey!

Personally I'm still hoping to see the original Director's cut one day....not the abridged MTV edit that made it into the cinema.

Henners
12th Aug 2002, 13:30
Doesn;t the DVD have loads of added footage and stuff?

Or are you suggesting there may be an x-rated cut?

DaveJ
12th Aug 2002, 13:53
More that the film was savagely re-edited after preview audiences found the original cut boring( ie. it had a story getting in the way of the actiony bits).

There are 4 deleted scenes on the DVD, but they are much of a muchness...except Leslie Phillip's death-scene..."Well, hellooo...oh..."

whitemetal
12th Aug 2002, 15:18
Originally posted by DaveJ
Glad you enjoyed it matey!

Personally I'm still hoping to see the original Director's cut one day....not the abridged MTV edit that made it into the cinema.

Yep! I'd like to see that too! in the meantime i'll savour what i have, can't wait for the next instalment and i know my perception will be spoiled by AOD by then, i hope! God i'm dribbling again:rolleyes:

Deekman
13th Aug 2002, 00:02
Hey! I liked it! It was indeed very much like the game.
I really can't see what people get so miffed about.
My wife even liked it and she's not a fan!
A difinitive director's cut would be nice, though.

LeeO
13th Aug 2002, 14:27
I loved the house bit where they all broke in. Very TR2... ah...

And the Cambodia bit... very TR4... ah...

Henners
13th Aug 2002, 14:30
It's true, I think they kept it very true to the game(s)

So Is the now single MsJolie going to play the lovely Miss Croft in the Sequel?
I heard she'd lost it a bit recently

LeeO
13th Aug 2002, 14:42
Originally posted by Henners
It's true, I think they kept it very true to the game(s)

So Is the now single MsJolie going to play the lovely Miss Croft in the Sequel?
I heard she'd lost it a bit recently

They're filiming the new film now, and yes, she is in it! As are Noah Taylor and Chris Barrie.

TDC
13th Aug 2002, 16:55
Maybe Lara will shoot someone who isn't made of stone or metal in this one!

rimfire
14th Aug 2002, 02:18
I saw it in the theater, and when I got a DVD player it was the first disc I got.

I liked it. It was better than I expected, but not as good as it could have been. I kept waiting for something to happen with that little girl that kept showing up, but I'm still in doubt as to why she was there in the first place.

Some day I'll get a picture of this: Whenever I play the movie and the scenes with the dogs come on, my dogs stop whatever they're doing and stare at the screen. When the scene changes, the dogs lose interest and wander away.

Maybe the sequel--if there is one--should have more dogs. :)

Jewel
14th Aug 2002, 03:19
Hello, boys...

I really enjoyed it, though my hubby thought it was just so-so. He was more interested in AJ's enhanced appearance. Tsk.

I purchased the video (no DVD here), but didn't get widescreen. I wish I'd gotten widescreen.